Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Foodbank - Tomorrow

On 19/01/2018 at 17:02, Ted Maul said:

It exists, and will continue to spread due to austerity. It really is crazy that one of the most advanced and supposedly forward-thinking nations in the world does so little to support its most vulnerable citizens.

You have to be joking right??! 

Try going to Germany America Australia France and any other number of developed countries. They ALL make the UK look like a butlins holiday camp. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Weller said:

I assume you are aware that all the countries you speak of are far more equal societies than ours or are you just going on what you saw on your holidays?

America equal?! 

Australia equal?!

I dont think so. 

And yes I have travelled both of them extensively so know a bit about both. You go to San Diego and tell me things are equal. 

Edited by m4DD0gg

2 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

You have to be joking right??! 

Try going to Germany America Australia France and any other number of developed countries. They ALL make the UK look like a butlins holiday camp. 

Who's talking about other countries? Poverty is needlessly rife in this country, meaning groups like Union FS have to do stuff like this (excellent work by the way lads) to support the poor. Why try and deflect away from what is a massive issue? 

43 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Who's talking about other countries? Poverty is needlessly rife in this country, meaning groups like Union FS have to do stuff like this (excellent work by the way lads) to support the poor. Why try and deflect away from what is a massive issue? 

Because you brought up the supposed big problem in this country when it truly pales in significance to others where there is a real and chronic and homeless problem examples of which are ex service personnel in the state and the indigenous peoples in australia.

Quite frankly i would not piss on half of those seeking 'food banks' when a lot are lazy bastards who are basically feral and get way more than they deserve in state hand outs as it is. The chap who mentioned the social housing issue earlier in this thread is bang correct. I too am loosely connected to housing associations and these 'customers' do not deserve half the shit they get when they are quite content to live in their own shit (literally) whilst using their Iphone X to control their SkyQ on their 60" 4K TV.

2 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Because you brought up the supposed big problem in this country when it truly pales in significance to others where there is a real and chronic and homeless problem examples of which are ex service personnel in the state and the indigenous peoples in australia.

Quite frankly i would not piss on half of those seeking 'food banks' when a lot are lazy bastards who are basically feral and get way more than they deserve in state hand outs as it is. The chap who mentioned the social housing issue earlier in this thread is bang correct. I too am loosely connected to housing associations and these 'customers' do not deserve half the shit they get when they are quite content to live in their own shit (literally) whilst using their Iphone X to control their SkyQ on their 60" 4K TV.

So, again, taking you at your word, what is the percentage of people using food banks in this way?

25 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

What's going on in other countries is irrelevant. This is a growing issue in our country, and those in a position to do something about it aren't interested in doing so. Hence a football supporters group having to collect food before a match to make a difference to the lives of families living below the bread line.

Ah, so your prejudice and disregard for the ever-expanding, genuinely poor section of society stems from a minority who abuse the system to get free food. You're obviously fine and don't need to use them, fair enough. But don't talk down the significance of these systems and the role they play in keeping people's lives afloat. Or worse, dismiss the fact that there is an issue altogether.

10 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

Whatever the situation across the country the food bank that UFS have led the drive for only gives out to people that have been referred to it, so there's absolutely no chance of "feral" people getting ahold of the donated food.

22 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

The real problem is the amount of people who are content to do nothing and just take the freebies. Massive amounts of money is spent on these spongers, that could go to the genuine people in need.

7 hours ago, Claridge said:

The real problem is the amount of people who are content to do nothing and just take the freebies. Massive amounts of money is spent on these spongers, that could go to the genuine people in need.

Exactly. People are quick to point the finger at corporate greed and the rich getting richer but our entire benefits system is a total farce and tied up in to much red tape. With correct reform and our archaic public sector system moving into the 21st century i am quite sure a lot more could be done for the truly vulnerable.