Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Foodbank - Tomorrow

I'm kind of waiting for someone to post a bit of a negative on this.

Do we really need to be collecting and distributing food in 2018 some will argue no we all know plenty of folk living half decent through our welfare state.I appreciate there are always unusual cases who could be helped and fair play to help them.

12 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Poverty exists in this country - to deny it is foolish.

It exists, and will continue to spread due to austerity. It really is crazy that one of the most advanced and supposedly forward-thinking nations in the world does so little to support its most vulnerable citizens.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dynamark said:

I'm kind of waiting for someone to post a bit of a negative on this.

Do we really need to be collecting and distributing food in 2018 some will argue no we all know plenty of folk living half decent through our welfare state.I appreciate there are always unusual cases who could be helped and fair play to help them.

sounds nice, whatever planet you live on

1 hour ago, Mr Weller said:

Can't believe someone still seriously posts the claim on here that many are living off the welfare state. This vile prejudice against the poor has resulted in food banks, widespread poverty and deep inequality which is tearing the country apart.

For goodness sake give generously at the match tomorrow 

Can I just bring an iPhone 8 or a donation to a full package sky. I work for a housing association and most of the people who I know that use a food bank are taking the piss. There are poor people, but they tend to spend their money wisely. Tearing the country apart????. What a load of bollocks

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Can I just bring an iPhone 8 or a donation to a full package sky. I work for a housing association and most of the people who I know that use a food bank are taking the piss. There are poor people, but they tend to spend their money wisely. Tearing the country apart????. What a load of bollocks

Go on then, cite some examples. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Claridge said:
  1. Can I just bring an iPhone 8 or a donation to a full package sky. "I work for a housing association and most of the people who I know that use a food bank are taking the piss. There are poor people, but they tend to spend their money wisely." Tearing the country apart????. What a load of bollocks

In that job you would know how tough it can be for people nowadays, or not ................... :schmike:

4 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

In that job you would know how tough it can be for people nowadays, or not ................... :schmike:

Tough if you want everything, but don’t want to work , which is about 20% of our clients. This weekend as in every weekend we will have between 5-10 properties trashed by the tenants . These will all need repairing, don’t get me started on kicking these scumbags out.

the people who need help are usually people with various issues that means they can’t work. A large amount say 20% are complete scumbags, who are completely feral. 

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

Tough if you want everything, but don’t want to work , which is about 20% of our clients. This weekend as in every weekend we will have between 5-10 properties trashed by the tenants . These will all need repairing, don’t get me started on kicking these scumbags out.

the people who need help are usually people with various issues that means they can’t work. A large amount say 20% are complete scumbags, who are completely feral. 

Wow. Sounds unpleasant and you’re at the coal face.

We must remember though some people are genuine and really need help, but I suspect you see many who play the system. Is it difficult keeping the balance of fairness in mind, seeing what you see?

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

I like that you added a final sentence critiquing the previous four, saved me a job.

7 hours ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Wow. Sounds unpleasant and you’re at the coal face.

We must remember though some people are genuine and really need help, but I suspect you see many who play the system. Is it difficult keeping the balance of fairness in mind, seeing what you see?

Yes it probably is. I don’t know how you break the cycle, but just giving some of these people everything doesn’t seem to work. The social workers are not signing off the food bank forms for some people now until they get rid of the sky, dogs etc...