Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Best job in the world?

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

lol No worries, mate, that ship has sailed anyway.

If we were speaking historically, my ideal job would have been a Victorian era plant collector - I just love the idea of travelling to remote places and being paid for it.

Yeah Victorian / Edwardian traveller or 'collector' of antiquities for me. To travel around Mesopotamia and Persia before the war would've been amazing. 

1 minute ago, bovril said:

Yeah Victorian / Edwardian traveller or 'collector' of antiquities for me. To travel around Mesopotamia and Persia before the war would've been amazing. 

Yeah, I could live with that.

9 minutes ago, bovril said:

Small world..When travelling, and I did it before terrorist became everyday word and issue..

Before video/digital cameras.I always said to my accompanying wife then later and kids,

To have crossed the territories we have,  (though still then "gap-year" unknown),

to of been here discovering The old Persia, India-continent..just wow!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Small world..When travelling, and I did it before terrorist became everyday word and issue..

Before video/digital cameras.I always said to my accompanying wife then later and kids,

To have crossed the territories we have,  (though still then "gap-year" unknown),

To travel across Iran with a medium format camera is still number one on my bucket list....

8 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Did you get to Afghanistan?

By the time I set off travelling it was off-limits (Persia too :()

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

Some top YouTube stars (although most are quite irritating) get paid millions to generally piss around having fun. That can't be a bad way to make a living

I always thought some of the top tech youtubers must have a great time, getting paid for making videos of all the free tech they get sent. What a life. 

• Like 2

Can't see much beating a top drawer pro-footballer. Possibly being a top-drawer musician. Either of those would be pretty good.

In terms of more realistic jobs, anything that combines complete autonomy, a chance to be at least somewhat creative, total location independence and a fat pay check would do me nicely.

12 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

I always thought some of the top tech youtubers must have a great time, getting paid for making videos of all the free tech they get sent. What a life. 

yeah, it sounds cool. a channel like linus tech tips or unbox therapy would be the dream

5 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

Can't see much beating a top drawer pro-footballer. Possibly being a top-drawer musician. Either of those would be pretty good.

In terms of more realistic jobs, anything that combines complete autonomy, a chance to be at least somewhat creative, total location independence and a fat pay check would do me nicely.

My dream was always to be a top top footballer ...    start in some crappy league then ..   eventually ..    make it into the big time and play for my beloved Leicester City ...   then against all the odds we finish top of the Premier League (:o) ..   and I score loadsa goals on the way ..   in fact, I score a record number of consecutive goals !! ...   then we are in the final of the FA cup at Wemberleee and I score the winner !!!    Ok sounds absolutely ridiculous but I can dream ....    :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

My dream was always to be a top top footballer ...    start in some crappy league then ..   eventually ..    make it into the big time and play for my beloved Leicester City ...   then against all the odds we finish top of the Premier League (:o) ..   and I score loadsa goals on the way ..   in fact, I score a record number of consecutive goals !! ...   then we are in the final of the FA cup at Wemberleee and I score the winner !!!    Ok sounds absolutely ridiculous but I can dream ....    :)

so, you wanna be musa? 

7 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Nice one, Jamie.

Now get the fvck out of CF's account.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, the fox said:

a job where you can become wealthy without being a celebrity. you can spend like a super star but also have the freedom of not being stalked by cameras and everyone asking for a picture. the best of both worlds

Sounds like you're describing a drug smuggler.

Benguin

Youth career:

Leicester 1998-2005

Senior career:

Leicester 750 (1835)

2005 -

International 

England u21: 3 (15)

England 153 (296)

2005- 2017

Benguin is an English professional footballer who plays for premier league side, Leicester city. Benguin is cited as the worlds best ever player having won the Balon d'or for 13 consecutive years, 10 champions league medals, 14 premier league medals, three world cups among many other honours. 

Benguin is thought to be the highest paid sportsman in the world, reportedly earning £500,000,000 per year.

Personal life:

Benguin currently lives in his Leicestershire mansion with his wife, Rachel Riley. Benguin is a keen author in his spare time and has received critical acclaim for writing the Harry Potter series, which to date has sold over 2 billion copies.

Controversies:

Benguin reportedly had harems of woman sleeping with him on a regularly basis, these claims came to light when Emma Watson admitted taking part, claiming that she regularly slept with Benguin alongside up to 300 others at a time. 

• Like 4