Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Everton 2-1 A Post Match Thread

7 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

We need a striker, there's an hour to go, let's get on the phone to Carlos Kick-a-Ball and see if wants to join us. We've pushed Ulloa, Musa and nearly got Slimani out the door so come on let's see someone come in and make sure we're not 14 seconds behind the deadline!!!

A striker is the least of Leicester's worries. You can't score if you get no service whatsoever.

• Like 1

Losses like that and Watford are the most frustrating.

I'm more frustrated by tonight than I was at Millwall last year for example.

You can see why games like Millwall could be difficult - but tonight was winnable on so many levels.

Everton had picked up 2 points from an available 15 on the run in to the game. The fans are growing tired of Allardyce. We've just dispatched an (albeit shite) teams in the cup scoring 5 times. We're in great form in the league. We've got a great opportunity to show the world we're not Riyad Mahrez FC and then what?

Our (lets not beat about the bush here, I like the lad but come on) completely moronic left back decides to stroll into no mans land 10 yards out and gift the home side a goal after a bright start where you could already sense the crowd getting on their sides back. 

Then, 10 mins later the same moronic left back goes full Jeff Schlupp and just completely stops concentrating. The what happened for the next 30 mins I have no idea. We allowed Everton to completely dominate us and it took a theatrical piece of improvisation from Ndidi to give us even a sniff of hope - because we were never ever scoring from open play.

Then - this is what gets to me the most - we hit the bar on the 78th minute and then we probably have 2 minutes of the ball on the pitch because Big Sam has gone full shithouse and prevented any football from being played. 5 minutes on substitutions, 3 minutes on goal kicks and 2 mins on throw ins leaves us with just 6 mins for us to misplace pass after pass and commit foul after foul. 

Make no mistake - Riyad Mahrez must take a portion of the blame. His selfishness would've got to the players all day and we lacked the creative spark he always brings, but this was a brain dead performance from us tonight. Comfortably the most disappointing result of the year.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

What tonight's result has also showed is that we do need both a proper left-back and right-back in the summer.

Chilwell's not endearing himself with his erratic on-the-pitch demeanor (although he may come good with age), and after THAT throw-in and seeing him as a substitute trying to chase after Coleman who was clearly tired, Fuchs is past it (NFL or MLS are calling soon).

Amartey's done surprisingly well on the right, but I'd rather have him in central midfield as backup. And we can't rely on Simpson all the time.

Ad I said earlier I thought Amartey was possible our best player tonight 

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

The losses against Palace and Watford were far worse than tonight.

We were outplayed by Palace for 90 mins. We never looked like winning. They created a lot of goalscoring opportunities. Fair play - that happens.

Watford and Everton are two games where neither side created a chance - and we just rolled over and pretty much scored the goals for them. 

Don't know what was more criminal: the pathetically obstructed view or some of the team's decision making out there, particularly Maguire and Chilwell. A lot of our players well and truly stunk the place out tonight and made a very poor side bereft of confidence look good.

13 minutes ago, Almo-Fox said:

sorry we just had a taste of LWM

hope we can cope with LWM

No, we didn’t have a taste of LifeWithoutMahrez ....     we had yet another taste of MahrezUnsettlesTheFookinTeam ....       and gets paid £100k this week to do it !!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, davelcfc100 said:

It’s not all doom and gloom. If when I woke up this morning someone offered me a 2-1 loss against Everton and we keep Mahrez or we beat Everton and lost Mahrez, I know which one I would pick (trying to stay positive).

Yeah

Except without a shadow of a doubt we could have had both

Just now, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Whats with all this scapegoating of Matty James, a good and honest player, for daring to be picked over more expensive signings? Always has to e somebody to blame doesn't there. Few on here should hang their heads in shame. 

As the game went on you could see he was trying, but for much of it he was just overwhelmed. Always felt like he was isolated, until he disappeared.

Much worse culprits out there today.

Bad day at the office. Incredibly with the two efforts that came off the bar / post and the clearance off the line could have gotten a draw or better. Didn't deserve anything out of the game though really.

Today was obviously all about someone else. Can't use that as an excuse, but it obviously caused problems with the team. The situation may well affect us against an in-form Swansea team. Can't take those guys for granted now.

A win and 6th place was on. Now we should just focus on trying to maintain 7th as this result has let Everton and Burnley right back in.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

No, we didn’t have a taste of LifeWithoutMahrez ....     we had yet another taste of MahrezUnsettlesTheFookinTeam ....       and gets paid £100k this week to do it !!

we have just lost mahrez 

the team without him fully concentrated doesn't help 

we are in trouble for 5-8 games 

may be a tacit agreement from the owners and an apology for betrayal  may be will do the job

bought 350k £ and offered 65m£ 

( I blame puel and some pundits and some Leicester sports experts for playing on his evaluation just before ghe transfer window )

i do believe that a new page has been opened in football history that is bring an European ( drinkwater forcing the move and even leaving the team without covering and positive attitude of some  fans with him and being not  European or Latino player )

i follow how mahrez will deal with his failure to meet his wish )

• Like 1

Did anybody else see the kick off outside the Park End after the final whistle? I just walked round the corner as it was going off. 

Saw a load of dead angry, dead wet scousers chase some lads away kicking and throwing punches and then just one old steward chasing after them, it looked well funny lol 

Edited by Manini

55 minutes ago, davelcfc100 said:

It’s not all doom and gloom. If when I woke up this morning someone offered me a 2-1 loss against Everton and we keep Mahrez or we beat Everton and lost Mahrez, I know which one I would pick (trying to stay positive).

Talk about reframing for positive spin! :D I guess we'd all pick that option. Depending on the Mahrez we have retained of course!  

6 minutes ago, Manini said:

Did anybody else see the kick off outside the Park End after the final whistle? I just walked round the corner as it was going off. 

Saw a load of dead angry, dead wet scousers chase some lads away kicking and throwing punches and then just one old steward chasing after them, it looked well funny lol 

sounds hilarious

5 minutes ago, Bluefoxtim said:

sounds hilarious

Well sorry but it was you miserably bleeder. 

I dont condone football violence in any way and I think grown men going to the football to act that way should be ashamed of themselves. But seeing a steward slowly jog after a group like that in that situation tickled me!