Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Questions you've always wanted to ask Foxestalkers

we appear to have strayed from the intended topic of conversation, so i'll try to bring us back in line...

@Finnegan did you start this thread in the hope that someone would ask you a deep and meaningful question, only to be disappointed that THIS is the question being asked of you?

11 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

we appear to have strayed from the intended topic of conversation, so i'll try to bring us back in line...

@Finnegan did you start this thread in the hope that someone would ask you a deep and meaningful question, only to be disappointed that THIS is the question being asked of you?

I feel partially responsible, but ultimately I think you'll find that all the big questions ultimately lead to Sweet Sue Canned Whole Chicken

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I can’t really remember mate, I was probably listening to the Strokes at the time.

Oh! 

I assumed it was a Tory thing referring to your desire to be trussed up like a turkey with an orange in your mouth while a large, muscular masked man clad in leather used a cat o' nine tails to administer 20 strokes to your bare behind.

Either that or some reference to a Bond villain stroking the white cat in his lap.

I'm disappointed.

Supplementary: Why have you now chosen an avatar that looks like David Cameron after a crash diet?

1 minute ago, Alf Bentley said:

Oh! 

I assumed it was a Tory thing referring to your desire to be trussed up like a turkey with an orange in your mouth while a large, muscular masked man clad in leather used a cat o' nine tails to administer 20 strokes to your bare behind.

Either that or some reference to a Bond villain stroking the white cat in his lap.

I'm disappointed.

Supplementary: Why have you now chosen an avatar that looks like David Cameron after a crash diet?

Because his name is Mr Poopybutthole and I am a child.

1 hour ago, TiffToff88 said:

Haha no, I figure most people know more or less everything there is to know about me to be fair. 

I've been meaning to ask bovril for ages about his travels and it seemed like an idea for a thread. 

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

What is your Welsh connection, @Finnegan?

Were you born there? Welsh family?

From your posts, I get the impression you've been based in and around Leicester for a long time...

(Was writng this question before TiffToff posted his, honestly).

The connection is I'm Welsh. Born in Carmarthen whilst family were living in a little village called Abercych in West Wales. Shortly afterwards moved to a village just outside Maesteg. 

My dad was actually born in Wigston and has been a lifelong Leicester fan. When I was about six or seven, he moved the family back to Leicester and I've mostly been here ever since, except a stint in London. 

My extended family are predominantly all back in Aberdare and my mum has moved back there now as well, it's where she was born. 

My sister was born in Bridgend, we never really knew the Leicester side of our family all that much growing up, just always had it drilled in to us that we were Welsh. To be fair to my dad, even though he supports England, he's always brought me up taking me to Wales games in Cardiff and the like (so it's his ****ing fault, the sadist.)

Never really considered myself English, I've always had too much ribbing about being Welsh from a young age which sort of helps really entrench your identity haha. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Haha no, I figure most people know more or less everything there is to know about me to be fair. 

I've been meaning to ask bovril for ages about his travels and it seemed like an idea for a thread. 

The connection is I'm Welsh. Born in Carmarthen whilst family were living in a little village called Abercych in West Wales. Shortly afterwards moved to a village just outside Maesteg. 

My dad was actually born in Wigston and has been a lifelong Leicester fan. When I was about six or seven, he moved the family back to Leicester and I've mostly been here ever since, except a stint in London. 

My extended family are predominantly all back in Aberdare and my mum has moved back there now as well, it's where she was born. 

My sister was born in Bridgend, we never really knew the Leicester side of our family all that much growing up, just always had it drilled in to us that we were Welsh. To be fair to my dad, even though he supports England, he's always brought me up taking me to Wales games in Cardiff and the like (so it's his ****ing fault, the sadist.)

Never really considered myself English, I've always had too much ribbing about being Welsh from a young age which sort of helps really entrench your identity haha. 

If you’re only half welsh does that mean you only find sheep mildly attractive?

53 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

born in leicester, raised in liverpool, moved to leeds for work. 

still got a few more places to tick off before i’ve lives in every city beginning with the letter L in england imho. 

Didn't know you were actually born in Leicester lol always wondered if there was a reason for it.

I've sort of worked in Leeds as well so I'm part of the way there.

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

born in leicester, raised in liverpool, moved to leeds for work. 

still got a few more places to tick off before i’ve lives in every city beginning with the letter L in england imho. 

Very similar to me - born in Leicester, lived in Liverpool, London and now in Leeds.

Don't really fancy Luton..

• Like 1