Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Almo-Fox

What retains Leicester from becoming top 6

why is Leicester not a top 6 

a- the owners vision to develop Leicester city is questionable ( their vision is a ( 7-10 ) th place ) 

b- the ex managers ( n r s ) were incapable ( Nigel and shakey surely ) but ranieri could have guided lcfc to be a top 6 but mistakes in recruitment and some propsed formation and strategy didn't help

c- many Leicester city players don't have the q/v ( I though since lady year that 12/23 should have sold ) 

d- puel has shown that hd can be the solution to Leicester weaknesses and has changed its style of play ( see macguire interview ) but he might be caught in shortage of top quality players that suit his project 

PS: my understanding of mahrez wiling to join man city 

the offer of 65 m was a ideal deal to introduce mahrez on an established team and an ongoing project and will help him settle as a starter ( with sane znd Jesus injuries ) and be a genuine contender ) , but z 80 m would have imposed as a starter and a much valued player at man city ( with already 6 established players ) pep cannot destabilize his team in mid season but can do that in ghe beginning of a season and of a new project . 

coutinho 142 m value is not the same as he integrate a team with top top players and highly valued ( 200 , 250 , 300 and 500 )

1 hour ago, Almo-Fox said:

why is Leicester not a top 6 

a- the owners vision to develop Leicester city is questionable ( their vision is a ( 7-10 ) th place ) 

b- the ex managers ( n r s ) were incapable ( Nigel and shakey surely ) but ranieri could have guided lcfc to be a top 6 but mistakes in recruitment and some propsed formation and strategy didn't help

c- many Leicester city players don't have the q/v ( I though since lady year that 12/23 should have sold ) 

d- puel has shown that hd can be the solution to Leicester weaknesses and has changed its style of play ( see macguire interview ) but he might be caught in shortage of top quality players that suit his project 

PS: my understanding of mahrez wiling to join man city 

the offer of 65 m was a ideal deal to introduce mahrez on an established team and an ongoing project and will help him settle as a starter ( with sane znd Jesus injuries ) and be a genuine contender ) , but z 80 m would have imposed as a starter and a much valued player at man city ( with already 6 established players ) pep cannot destabilize his team in mid season but can do that in ghe beginning of a season and of a new project . 

coutinho 142 m value is not the same as he integrate a team with top top players and highly valued ( 200 , 250 , 300 and 500 )

Oh yeah, the bloke who built the title winning side.

On 11/02/2018 at 17:02, Almo-Fox said:

Every one loves football , stamina , and the fighting spirit , may find all of these in leicester city  recent history ( since 2009). But one will be tempted to ask himself what retain the team from becoming a top 6 club in the EPL, because they have shown they can do it ( even yesterday lose to mancity is a game to forget both from LCFC and man city ( man city know that they were lucky ) 

Could you see some or one of the factors, below, are reasons to explain what retain leicester from ecoming a top 6 ?

1-  the owners s vision to develop a top 6 team is questionable 

2- the ex managers ( Nigel  ranieri and shakey ) were beneath leicester s goals and real value

3- the players ( value and quality ) cannot help this target ( every successful team must respect gauss law in flux distribution ( bell curve ) e.g ,  the team must at lest have 5-6 top players ( value/quality)  to perform as a top 6 . 

4- is puel inthe right direction as he changed the style of play , abondonned counter attacking style, ask for more quality players who can hold the ball and increase possession 

What a load of bollox.

It's certainly not the owners (1), nor the managers (2), nor the number of quality players (3) after all we have a number of PL winning players in the team and I don't understand (4).

I'd put it down to players being mardy, not playing their best for the club and wanting to leave sowing disharmony. A win against Everton and Swansea recently would have put us within spitting distance of top 6 whicha win against the Arse would have made reality.

Cash . In a nutshell.

All the top 6 have 60 k + capacity grounds . (Chelsea have permission to extend). All double ours.. 

We saw this year what cash we earned from one season in champions league . 70m

Man Utd’s , Arsenal’s etc have been in it years on end . 

The rich get richer.  

I think we need a project to sell , to big names ? Cannot keep plucking gems. If we went for a Walcott over Everton we’d still get rejected.

The training ground is a start ?The K.p needs to be 45-50pretty much sold out for 5 years .. remember the days of paying on the gate .

Perception is another? I feel our league title win helped world wide, but at home we will always be little Leicester City . 

So unless Top sticks two fingers up to FFP and we have a Sven style summer in the premier league  .

Enjoy it whilst it lasts.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Almo-Fox said:

thanks mates for sticking the word ( retain from ) used in the title to question the 4 factors that ( prevent , restrain , refrain )  Leicester city to become a tegular tpp  6 club. 

one is free to use ( prevent or refrain or restrain ), but I used retain to avoid any  sense of keeping  by force. Leicester city has shown capacity to be a top 6 club  with class and strength. 

retain  in is an old Anglo- Norman French. 

Constrains is the appropriate word I'd say - What constrains Leicester from being top 6 as in what are the factors that may "hold  back" our club. 

We were a top 6 club in 2015/2016 :scarf: We have owners with the firepower. We could possibly achieve 7th this year in the most competitive league in the world and try to progress from here. 

In the alternative anyone remember the idea we merge with Derby and Florists to become the East Midlands Royals:blink:

• Thanks 1

Mercury LCFC
@MercuryLCFC
"It is not the system that makes the difference. It is the quality and, in this game, we didn’t find the solution to play."

Puel admits tactical error but says it wasn't the sol reason for defeat. #lcfc 

puel avoided to point at players.  but puel is confident that with his squad can avoid relegation and compete for a 7-10th place for the next 3-5 years if intent to stay and stick with his project. and he may hints from one transfer window to another to push the owners for some better recruitment.

but for a place within regular top 6 , he know that he have to sell out ( slimani musa king huth albrighton ( Marc can be kept as sub ) Okazaki ulloa ) and buy top quality players in key positions. with top quality players (5/6) in the ix will put forever the old fashioned lcfc counter attacking formula, that have negative consequences ( long injuries , fatigue e.g Fuchs vardy huth Morgan Simpson DD ) 

15 minutes ago, Red Squirrel said:

Constrains is the appropriate word I'd say - What constrains Leicester from being top 6 as in what are the factors that may "hold  back" our club. 

We were a top 6 club in 2015/2016 :scarf: We have owners with the firepower. We could possibly achieve 7th this year in the most competitive league in the world and try to progress from here. 

In the alternative anyone remember the idea we merge with Derby and Florists to become the East Midlands Royals:blink:

never lose hope ( constrain was the word ) thank you mate 

49 minutes ago, MahrezFan said:

No disrespect here but it's very unlikely that LCFC will be a consistent contender for a top 6 spot, and as many already mentioned here money being the main reason. 

money talks , and our vichai seemed to fear that talk. he replaced top quality with 2-3 m buy. the results a very difficult season , saved the team from chaos, and ended in sacking the main writer of its fairy take story 

Perhaps he means "restrains"? In that we're out on the piss. And we're trying to enter the Premier League VIP lounge. But the bouncer keeps restraining us.

We either need the pull and money to buy world class players across the entire pitch.

Or we need about three of those players, and eight others that suit our tactics, and the tactics also obliterate the rest of the division.

We did the latter once.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1

Recruitment is the only way we'll do it, we can't spend £100m every season so we have to find some gems. It's unlikely we'll get a better manager than what we have so we have a good strategy win getting players in.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 01:03, Tringfox said:

The only way we can be a top 6 Side is with better recruitment. 

Sadly I only think it would be temporary as the bigger clubs would steal our best players at the end of the season and you have to start over again.

I used to think the same. But after Mahrez I'm not so sure now. Also our refusal to let Slim go to wham. Our owners have shown the ambition  and intentions of our club. Money is not what runs our club unlike some.

On 11/02/2018 at 23:11, Almo-Fox said:

thanks mates for sticking the word ( retain from ) used in the title to question the 4 factors that ( prevent , restrain , refrain )  Leicester city to become a tegular tpp  6 club. 

one is free to use ( prevent or refrain or restrain ), but I used retain to avoid any  sense of keeping  by force. Leicester city has shown capacity to be a top 6 club  with class and strength. 

retain  in is an old Anglo- Norman French. 

Coming over here, taking our words..............