Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Almo-Fox

What retains Leicester from becoming top 6

We're punching above our weight as it is. Not by much but we are.

The signings we made after winning the Premier League were so poor we had no chance of competing in the Champions League and a achieving a top six finish.

We're not far away from top six but for any club to break into the current chaebol it would be as a result of one of them making a mistake. 

( I changed the the sofa, I ended changing the whole furniture. happy with the new look, happy with the new life ) dixit a.m

Leicester city has a new, a big , a great opportunity in the summer when mahrez will move on. the owners have the opportunity to overcome that move and to avoid its aftermaths, by making a big changes  ending in the born of new Leicester ( by making real recruitment of 6-8 top players ( quality and value ) by spending big ( potentially and well established players ) and by selling 5-7 players ( znd keeping some of them to let them finish their careers in lcfc e.g albrighton Morgan Simpson and Fuchs ) and give puel the tools to establish a new fashion leiceste and bye bye old fashioned lcfc ) 

by being audacious in doing so, it will help ease the change znd nip in the bud mshrez s move ( because bad events recall bad memories , and broken flowers grow on broken hearths )

It's simply geography in my honest opinion. Players do not want to play for a team in Leicester. They aim for London or Manchester. Liverpool has the reputation and is also a very decent city. Until we develop the city and the stadium to new heights then we will always be the team who do really well however our best players will always leave. 

The only way we can force our way there is by the above and very very good scouting. 

Edited by hejammy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, hejammy said:

It's simply geography in my honest opinion. Players do not want to play for a team in Leicester. They aim for London or Manchester. Liverpool has the reputation and is also a very decent city. Until we develop the city and the stadium to new heights then we will always be the team who do really well however our best players will always leave. 

The only way we can force our way there is by the about and very very good scouting. 

I blame Kasabian

On 14/02/2018 at 05:13, hejammy said:

The only way we can force our way there is by the above and very very good scouting. 

A good percentage of our players currently commute from Manchester and Birmingham. Alongside that I believe Puel has a main base in London. 

Its not a factor as once was with paid drivers. 

For some footballers, living out in the sticks where their family can grow is an attraction and Leicestershire is good for that. Silva appears to enjoy where he’s living. 

On 14.2.2018 at 06:13, hejammy said:

To me,it is really the no1 Major Point. Enticing even the would be super Talent,the Geographic

Location,is underrated by our Fans,and there lies that Ott expectation,on buying Into the

super Talent ,top echelons of the Game.If Ranieri had kept us in the top 5,for 3-4 seasons

It would of changed our spec.It didnt Happen..hey-ho.

We Like many,will depend in those,old adhege ideas.investing...

Youth from within,and from outside, look to see If we can,lure  top foreign Talent,

Because we are top half Premier League,holding we See then players Like

Nacho,Diabete,Gray,Chilwell,maybe Moore ,develope further with us,

And that  Silva ,Iborra Type Player with experience,

that can either Hit the Ground running,or after the 1st season.

The Pick and Mix,for Teams/Clubs like us is how it simply is...

Even top Teams buy,good Potential who Just dont Work Out,

Even they have their own mishits, Like our Musa,Slimani,kapu,etc

But their losses are easily covered,by continual top 5 finished or

even title,on a regular Basis.

We have owners with some Financial clout,but I wouldnt expect them,

to Go astronomical ,Like MC,Chelsea,or even L'pool Arsenal levels.

Spurs financial successfull outgoings ,could be our Level to try and

attain.BUT!!  they have a good traditional historic continual finacial Base,

And they are in London,so youth catchment area is large,and the Draw

Of  London,for Young and older players is a massive advantage..

When I read some Posts in this Forum,it seem quite a few,forget the above,and

the quoted Posts,simple problematic. 

Also If A.Villa Comeback,they are seen as an old big traditional Team,No Matter

how we might portray or think of them.

Also its Not just the high transfer fees ,times 6-8, we would need to find,but also

XX Times 150+k wages, then most likely xx time 100+k,with 70+k for the Rest.

One cant afford a large quality Gap, between the 1st Team and bench, not If

you want a Long 10+ yr era of top 4.

Alternative..holding for another Leicester Type surge, or a mixture of

a Kind,with a Spurs/Burnley/foxes mesh...now there's a thought.

Not retaining The Little French Guy in 2016

Then, not having a decent transfer policy........... Plus Steve Walsh fuching off and signing    image.png.dacea5a30ddc4a8d1f78ee91b9049a40.png

Although I had to go back four pages to understand the the question    :dunno:

Ps: I've done this before but as nearly everyone has mentioned you then got the problem of:

Any excuse for a bit of Floyd............... just for the oldies     :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Will be interesting to see how Spurs perform once Harry Kane leaves (I really see that happening this coming summer) and whether they are as solid in the Top 6 afterwards. 

For me the issue is consistency. We can clearly compete at the say 4-6 level enough for it not to have just been a fluke, but then just throw it away on other occasions. I think once we have a bit more stability as a team that that will come together more. It's been a challenging few months to say the least, so to be where they are isn't all that bad really. So yeah, I don't know if it will be good enough to make top 6, but for me I say we need stability - let Puel build his team over a number of years. 

If anything, I'd say that there are four mini leagues within the Premier League that we will have to climb gradually. This is probably how it would have been perceived back in August.

Relegation dogfight

Huddersfield

Brighton

Newcastle

Swansea

Palace

West Brom

Relative security

Watford

Southampton

Stoke

West Ham

Bournemouth

Burnley 

Concrete Premier League spot and pushing for Europe

Everton

Leicester

Top Six 

Manchester City

Manchester United

Liverpool

Chelsea

Tottenham

Arsenal

As you can probably see, all below the top six are fairly fluid and it's somewhat easier to move down them than up. However, we're in a decent position in the long term to move into that top six if Arsenal's decline isn't arrested.