Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Permafrost

Refunds

9 minutes ago, Permafrost said:

Got a ticket for my lad for Friday night's cup game. He can't make it now because of work, but no refund is available according to club shop.

Is that right? No refunds on home tickets? The lass in the shop didn't seem 100% sure tbh.

Yeah pretty sure that has been the case for a few seasons now. 

Ah ok.

Double annoyance because not having my lad with me means I've got to move because I can't now go in my usual family stand seat on my own! Been ST holder in there for 10 years, so seems a tad unnecessary that, for just one game.

They're never very helpful down there. No chance of common sense, but did sternly point out that if it happens more than 4 times I'd have to relocate.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Permafrost said:

Ah ok.

Double annoyance because not having my lad with me means I've got to move because I can't now go in my usual family stand seat on my own! Been ST holder in there for 10 years, so seems a tad unnecessary that, for just one game.

They're never very helpful down there. No chance of common sense, but did sternly point out that if it happens more than 4 times I'd have to relocate.

This could mean the first 1000 likes for a post on this forum in agreement with your comment. 

If it’s anything other than buying an item from The Fanstore, which must have a visible price on it, or a straightforward ticket purchase, then I start to suffer panic attacks when looking for an answer. 

I must admit I sometimes ask 4 or 5 different people the same question at different times, and then occasionally get what I want.

I always find a lad called Brad the most helpful, but I think what has been mentioned above is right. You can’t get ticket refunds.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Permafrost said:

Ah ok.

is that because you didn't get what you want?

• Like 1

No StanSP, it's because in my experience they're not very helpful down there.

Even when I have 'got what I want' it's usually in spite of the ticket office staff rather than because of them.

As Drew says above, depending on who you speak to down there, you get different results. That can't be right.

For instance, apparently adults who attend a game without their child can get a slip from the ticket office to allow them in without child. So I asked for one of them and I was told to get it on matchday. Now that doesn't seem necessary. I'm pretty sure those slips would be just a few metres away from the till. That isn't very helpful.

And at no point would the ticketing manager come and speak with me. Again, more of a hindrance than helpful.

Not great customer service.

• Like 1

Left hand doesn't know what the right hands doing down there, always the case. Nobody from the back ever comes out just let the poor sods deal with it. 

You could bring up the home ticket returns system that was announced at the start of the season but never implemented :whistle: 

Edited by Sambiasso

4 hours ago, Permafrost said:

No chance of common sense, but did sternly point out that if it happens more than 4 times I'd have to relocate.

There’s folk in and around me that don’t have children with them all season and get away with it,

ive said it befour that the club send letters out to act like there doing something about people abusing the system but when there notified actually do nothing,

so my message to yourself is you will be fine sat where you are??

Getting through the Showsec lot without your child is the hardest task in Christendom.

They won't have it.

The first time it happened they didn't believe my lad had already gone in, and I had to ring him to get him down to the turnstile as proof.

Makes you feel wonderful. Our season ticket seats are together, and we sit together, so entering the ground together shouldn't really come into it

Now have to meet him outside at border control to get in. It's not a great hardship I know, and I understand they want to "maintain the integrity of the family stand" but by making sure I enter the ground with my lad it isn't really helping achieve that.

I've gone off track now as my initial gripe was the no refund policy. Apologies for the personal rant.

I'd love to have just an away season ticket.

16 hours ago, Permafrost said:

Ah ok.

Course you can sit in your own seat mate, they don’t make sure you have a kid with you.

Ticket Office Training Manual

1. Is customer known to you? Give them everything they want. If not, proceed with the following steps:

2. Refer the customer to the online portal.

3. If customer refuses to leave and communicate via email then feign ignorance or a myocardial infarction [refer to customer service training course role-play].

4. If customer is still insisting on something wholly impossible (e.g. ticket purchase or seat relocation), take details and promise to contact later by phone “due to staffing issues”.

5. Cancel customers season ticket (if owned) or match day ticket (if purchased), AND customer account.

6. Make cup of tea, put answerphone on and delete this morning’s unread customer emails.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 14/02/2018 at 22:14, Permafrost said:

Getting through the Showsec lot without your child is the hardest task in Christendom.

They won't have it.

The first time it happened they didn't believe my lad had already gone in, and I had to ring him to get him down to the turnstile as proof.

Makes you feel wonderful. Our season ticket seats are together, and we sit together, so entering the ground together shouldn't really come into it

Now have to meet him outside at border control to get in. It's not a great hardship I know, and I understand they want to "maintain the integrity of the family stand" but by making sure I enter the ground with my lad it isn't really helping achieve that.

I've gone off track now as my initial gripe was the no refund policy. Apologies for the personal rant.

I'd love to have just an away season ticket.

I sit next to 2 adults who’s son goes 4-5 games a season,i would love to know how they get in without there child with them,

i myself,like you get checked at least twice before I enter the stadium 

Edited by Russell sprout