Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hackneyfox

Year ago today that Claudio's 'dream died'

Move on folks. I wish with hindsight he walked away in glory. The season that followed for all that he did, the league performances were fuching abysmal. I believe given the full season he would have taken us from top to bottom. The players had completely given up playing for him. 

13 hours ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

So why wouldn't had we won it under Pearson ? Not a lot of people know the true story of that season and one day the truth will come out about how much of a part Claudio played and what the players and the coaching staff thought of him. He was very good at selling himself to the media I'll give him that.

Nigel pearson is a nut case moron who would not have the marbles to handle the pressure of a premier league run in. 

He would have well and truly lost it in spectacular fashion weeks before. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Gazza M said:

Move on folks. I wish with hindsight he walked away in glory. The season that followed for all that he did, the league performances were fuching abysmal. I believe given the full season he would have taken us from top to bottom. The players had completely given up playing for him. 

We're just saying what he did was amazing and acknowledging his input, no one is crying or asking for him back.  Move on folks?!?  Jesus.  Yeah, come on folks move on, we only achieved the greatest ever team feat in world sport history, a feat that will be remembered for all time but, you know, move on because if you dare say "good on you Claudio" it means you're a plastic.

X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

I love Pearson, one of my all time favourite managers but Claudio won the league, a feat that was 5000/1.  A feat which many argue is the greatest ever single upset in the history of world sport.  Not sure Pearson would have done the same.  Not because he is not a good manager but because literally 1000s of very small variables need to fall into place for something of that magnitude to happen.  Why does it have to be a competition anyway?  Can;t we say both were good managers?  X

They all played there part in different ways, as you say the 1000's of tiny things all added up to what we achieved. Whether it's Walsh, Pearson, Claudio, the exact mix of players and staff etc, every single one should take credit for what we achieved. It's the epitome of a group effort.

• Like 1

After our title win it was always going to go one way for Claudio, once you achieve the impossible, expectations and everything else go through the roof and he just couldn't cope with that. he is a better manager when people have no expectations of him and he can quietly get on with the job with a smile. we will always be grateful and thankful for what he achieved with us. he is a gentleman and a really nice person and football unfortunately moves on so quickly and leaves little time for sentiment and everyone could see that it wasn't working and a change needed to be made, sad but true!.

6 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

We're just saying what he did was amazing and acknowledging his input, no one is crying or asking for him back.  Move on folks?!?  Jesus.  Yeah, come on folks move on, we only achieved the greatest ever team feat in world sport history, a feat that will be remembered for all time but, you know, move on because if you dare say "good on you Claudio" it means you're a plastic.

X

Yes, move on. I understand no one is asking for him back and not accusing anyone of being plastic. But that is now part of our history. I am just saying, he was woeful in the 2nd season. I just don't think we need be like the Forest fans and harp on about past glories forever and a day. I would sooner concentrate on Claude and our cup run and trying to get 7th and looking for new glories and heroes. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

They all played there part in different ways, as you say the 1000's of tiny things all added up to what we achieved. Whether it's Walsh, Pearson, Claudio, the exact mix of players and staff etc, every single one should take credit for what we achieved. It's the epitome of a group effort.

Agree 100%.  I just find it very odd that anyone could have anything bad to say about Claudio?  Literally what else do they want?  Feck it all anyway, we won the fvcking league!!! X

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gazza M said:

Yes, move on. I understand no one is asking for him back and not accusing anyone of being plastic. But that is now part of our history. I am just saying, he was woeful in the 2nd season. I just don't think we need be like the Forest fans and harp on about past glories forever and a day. I would sooner concentrate on Claude and our cup run and trying to get 7th and looking for new glories and heroes. 

I agree but to me, any criticism of ol' Claudo just seems churlish and I feel that any talk of him being woeful in his second year seems weird.  You could equally argue that for long periods Pearson was woeful but it doesn't make the good bits any less good and, even though I am sure you do not mean it that way, it just comes across as a bit negative for the sake of it when talking about literally our most successful manager of all time.  I don't want to go on about it forever but it was two years ago, not 30, and it was fvcking brilliant.  If we can;t enjoy it for at least a few years we may as well actually just all die or stop bothering with football at all.  X

• Like 1

Just went back and watched our ganes against Sevilla, Atletico, Porto, Copenhagen and Brugge games. Brings back amazing memories. The Sevilla game sends shivers down my spine. The  build up to Porto home game was amazing. Atletico was a special night despite the loss.

Ranieri gave us our greatest ever memories. 

39 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I agree but to me, any criticism of ol' Claudo just seems churlish and I feel that any talk of him being woeful in his second year seems weird.  You could equally argue that for long periods Pearson was woeful but it doesn't make the good bits any less good and, even though I am sure you do not mean it that way, it just comes across as a bit negative for the sake of it when talking about literally our most successful manager of all time.  I don't want to go on about it forever but it was two years ago, not 30, and it was fvcking brilliant.  If we can;t enjoy it for at least a few years we may as well actually just all die or stop bothering with football at all.  X

I'm afraid the truth hurts. We were pathetic in the league under him last year. You can't deny that. I like many went to many matches in 15/16, did the whole street parade thing and basked in the atmosphere and will remember forever the season....but time to look forward. Yes it was a year since he got sacked for 6 months poor, poor league football. I'm afraid the dilly ding dilly dong stuff died on me long before he was shown the door. 

10 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I love Pearson, one of my all time favourite managers but Claudio won the league, a feat that was 5000/1.  A feat which many argue is the greatest ever single upset in the history of world sport.  Not sure Pearson would have done the same.  Not because he is not a good manager but because literally 1000s of very small variables need to fall into place for something of that magnitude to happen.  Why does it have to be a competition anyway?  Can;t we say both were good managers?  X

Stop talking sense. It doesn't get you far on this forum. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

Okay no more Pearson talk but in all seriousness now. How do you take a team from being premier league champions to the relagtion zone only 8 months later ? 

Kante aside because no one was ever expecting us to win it again. That's where my Evidence stands on him not being a good manager. The players are too blame ? Why did the players, all of a sudden stop playing for a manager that guided them to a league title ? Why has he ended up at Nantes if he's such a good manager ? I'm sorry to keep going on but surely funny interviews can only take you so far.

If you're gonna go down that road, then why has Pearson ended up Leuven? The bottom line is that both managers did fantastic things for the club and we should be forever grateful to them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Just went back and watched our ganes against Sevilla, Atletico, Porto, Copenhagen and Brugge games. Brings back amazing memories. The Sevilla game sends shivers down my spine. The  build up to Porto home game was amazing. Atletico was a special night despite the loss.

Ranieri gave us our greatest ever memories. 

The Sevilla home game was the best night and the credit goes to Shakey. Apart from the Brugge away game , the group stage was pretty boring.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/01/dilly-ding-dilly-dong-leicester-city-season-premier-league-ranieri

Just been reading this and revisiting some of the links, it's just amazing. What a story and it truly was years in the making. Going all the way back to probably 07/08, there's so much stuff which might not have happened, but did, and it all led in one way or another to the climax. If i'd not seen it happen I wouldn't believe it.

For anyone that's not read it, Jonathan Northcroft's book is great on this sort of thing. The decision making at the club was unbelievably good for a good while.

Pretty much everyone involved deserves our love and respect. Greatest story ever told.

• Like 1

7th May 2011 seem more like 20 years ago. 

Leicester City 4-2 Ipswich Town

Was it a good match? The performance was typical of our whole season. We've been playing some good football of late but mistakes at the back have cost us a play-off place. We were really impressive, the likes of Yuki Abe and Andy King in midfield were commanding throughout. I just hope we can keep hold of our loan players so we can push on next season. Interestingly, five of the starting eleven have been borrowed from other clubs and we need to retain their services for continuity. Who played well/who had a nightmare? Connor Wickham did well.