Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Chilwell vs Schlupp

Chilwell vs Schlupp  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Based on their appearances for Leicester, who is the better fullback

• Chilwell
    • Schlupp

I think Chilwell should be moved on for a loan.

He doesn't seem to have any killer instinct yet - he holds off from tackles, always looks to pass back, hesitates. And let's not mention the debacle about being scared to take throw-ins at Milwall.

A loan at a tougher side might be the making of him.

Anybody voting Jeff is doing so with tinted specs, Chilwell has a lot of work to do but I think Jeff was permanently switched off. The amount of times he got caught out with balls over the top of him then taking a good five minutes to realise where it actually was was quite breathtaking, really.

Chilwell is a right foot away from being a decent prospect, the moment he got a little confidence yesterday and we went to wingbacks, it showed. Not sure his future lies as an out-and-out full back.

• Like 1

Just now, peach0000 said:

For me Schlupp was never a natural full back. The attacking side of his game had the ability to be top class but I never got why he was moved back. I actually reckon he would have made a decent striker.

Schlupp doesn’t have enough composure to make a striker. He’s awful when he has time to think about it. 

A lot of his good goals came from when he hit them instantly.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Schlupp doesn’t have enough composure to make a striker. He’s awful when he has time to think about it. 

A lot of his good goals came from when he hit them instantly.

I reckon that would have come with age though. It's impossible to know but when he broke through as a striker he was very young and inexperience and with more game time as a forward the composure might of come over time. Definitely never fulfilled his potential though. 

Edited by peach0000
  • Like 1

Schlupp by a million miles, faster and more powerful plus could score a goal. Just needed to know what his position was as we kept trying him in different positions, probably because we couldn’t work out if he was an attacker or a defender. Chillwell is a wimp in comparison who runs around a bit with the ball but doesn’t actually do anything with it.

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

really?

Some games particularly early on he showed a lot of ability. He always seemed to be missing the final ball but that often comes with age. Occasionally as a teenager he would rip championship teams apart. If anything I think he lacked the footballing brain to make it at the top level I reckon he had the physical and technical ability to do so.

3 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Some games particularly early on he showed a lot of ability. He always seemed to be missing the final ball but that often comes with age. Occasionally as a teenager he would rip championship teams apart. If anything I think he lacked the footballing brain to make it at the top level I reckon he had the physical and technical ability to do so.

top class, though...?

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

top class, though...?

If he could have consistently performed the way he did in glimpses when he was first coming through I reckon he could have gone on the regularly play in the champions league. He was on trial at man utd at one stage so they must have seen that potential. Ultimately though it didn't happen for him and it's hard to pin point why but for me pearson changing his position didn't help.

15 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

If he could have consistently performed the way he did in glimpses when he was first coming through I reckon he could have gone on the regularly play in the champions league. He was on trial at man utd at one stage so they must have seen that potential. Ultimately though it didn't happen for him and it's hard to pin point why but for me pearson changing his position didn't help.

I think he was already identified as someone who could play left back. I remember when he scored his hat-trick against Rotherham he ended the game at left back and that was when Sven was in charge. 

I always thought he would be the natural successor to Lloyd Dyer. But like you said it was his final ball that would let him down. 

Though the couple of times I’ve seen him at left back for CP he looks like his defensive side has improved.

55 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

He wasn’t on trial, he went to train with them as part of the james drinkwater deal, or de lait