Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

5 minutes ago, bovril said:

It's not annoying as art in the coffee. Happened a few weeks ago and my hand was hovering there to take it for about 30 seconds, I didn't want to put it down because I thought it'd look passive aggressive. Was a very English moment. 

'Art in the coffee'? lol I just wouldn't cope with that. What the fvck have we become?

Just now, bovril said:

To be fair it was in that London and the barista was foreign-looking. 

I sensed that might be the case. When I buy a coffee in Somerset, it's artistic if there's not any spilled down the outside of the mug when they hand it to you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I sensed that might be the case. When I buy a coffee in Somerset, it's artistic if there's not any spilled down the outside of the mug when they hand it to you.

You're lucky, in Norfolk it's still banned under the Dangerous Hallucinogenics act of 1756. 

Edited by bovril

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Heading down to the Huddersfield game at the weekend and pre-match boozing with a Huddersfield fan. I've not been on a match day bender in Leicester since I last lived there which was about 8 years ago, so I'm looking forward to it. Any tips on places to visit/avoid? We'll be arriving by train.

Parcel Yard, Distillery, Blue Boar, Criterion etc would be decent bets if you're already going to be in town.

23 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Parcel Yard, Distillery, Blue Boar, Criterion etc would be decent bets if you're already going to be in town.

Thanks, will have a quick Google of these. Is parcel yard the old Time Bar?

That Beavertown Neck Oil is dangerous stuff. Delicious and juicy, but for some reason gets me pissed much quicker than a 4.3% ABV beer should.

1 hour ago, egg_fried_rice said:

That Beavertown Neck Oil is dangerous stuff. Delicious and juicy, but for some reason gets me pissed much quicker than a 4.3% ABV beer should.

Yes, that's the one. The Hind over the road wasn't too bad either last time I went in, and I don't think that's the designated away pub nowadays. Also The Landsdowne a bit further up the hill if you're not wanting to actually venture into town.

On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 11:36, egg_fried_rice said:

The Bowling Green on Oxford Street usually has some good ales on … short walk ( or stagger if you are having a few ) to the ground.