Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

8 hours ago, martyn said:

Great spot, Also, if you spend over £25 at Beerwulf you can use the code "discount5" for £5 off, and use that on as many orders as you like. Still get the free delivery too if 12+ bottles in a single order.

Just picked up 30 Belgian brews for £40 in 2 separate orders thanks to the above. (2*Leffe Bruin, 2* Leffe Blonde, 3* La Chouffe Blonde, 3* Tripel Karmeleit, 3* Rochefort 8, 2* Duvel Tripel Hop, 2* Dupont Saison, 2 * San Bernardus Wheat, 2* San Bernardus Tripel, 2* San Bernardus Prior 8, 2* Grimbergen Tripel, 2* Affligem Tripel, 2* Westmalle Dubbel and 1*Duvel).

Absolutely love the Rochefort 8, probably my favourite beer.

Nice haul mate. I had quite a few of those in my order. I can't believe how cheap it is, it is less than the beers in shops in Belgium. Love the Rochefort, what is your favourite tripel?

3 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Nice haul mate. I had quite a few of those in my order. I can't believe how cheap it is, it is less than the beers in shops in Belgium. Love the Rochefort, what is your favourite tripel?

Probably Westmalle Tripel, although that was comparatively expensive on Beerwulf (£2.59) compared to something like Tripel Karmeliet (£1.69) which is of similar quality.

Browsing beerwulf I see that Duvel are putting Citra in their triple hop this year.  This could be a dangerous revelation, I bloody love citra beers. 

Incidentally anybody else tried the Oakham Ales ones (the imaginatively named Citra and a stronger IPA called Green Devil)?  Lovely stuff if like me you enjoy your hoppy ales.

What's everyone's favourite blanche?  I'm putting an order together for some La Chouffe (x6 - I know what I like) and the aforementioned Duvel (x3) but I need some more to hit the magic £25 mark and being summer I figure a nice blanche would go down well (tempted by Rochefort Blue which I know to be an absolutely supreme beer but it's not very summery).  I'm looking at the Sint Bernardus but again it's something I've had countless times before so I want to be a bit less boring with it.

By the way how is Brussels Beer Project still a thing?  Don't get me wrong I've never not found their beer thoroughly enjoyable but everywhere I see their products they're the most expensive brews going, they're like the Belgian Brew Dog it baffles me.

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

You should try beer sometime, you might like it.

I literally do not understand how people go to the effort of getting dressed, walk / travel to a public drinking emporium and then spend their hard earned £3 on a pint of what is effectively hop flavoured piss-water.

why on earth you would choose not to investigate and sample the plethora of clearly superior lagers / ales on offer is totally beyond me. 

3 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

I literally do not understand how people go to the effort of getting dressed, walk / travel to a public drinking emporium and then spend their hard earned £3 on a pint of what is effectively hop flavoured piss-water.

why on earth you would choose not to investigate and sample the plethora of clearly superior lagers / ales on offer is totally beyond me. 

I literally do not understand how people get so snobby and offended over people's choice of what they drink. Personally I like Coors Light/Bud Light and think ale tastes like shit - apparently I'm not a man. 

4 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

why on earth you would choose not to investigate and sample the plethora of clearly superior  weeds on offer is totally beyond me. 

Fixed. 

2 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

I literally do not understand how people get so snobby and offended over people's choice of what they drink. Personally I like Coors Light/Bud Light and think ale tastes like shit - apparently I'm not a man. 

it's not about snobbery - it's just disbelief that people choose to spend £3 on a pint of shit instead of spending equal on a drink in the same vein that is miles ahead in terms of taste and quality. 

it's not about ale tasting shit. 

there's plenty of 'craft' lagers out there now, not ales; that are in exactly the same family of beverage as your carlsbergs, carlings, fosters, etc. but just significantly better tasting.

I don't give a shit tbh - I barely drink myself but when I do I'm not wasting my time / calories / money on a large tinny of carling lol.