Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

So many beer snobs in this thread. 

If youre all wondering what a beer snob is, it’s someone who will slate someone for drinking something other than what they drink or not real ale. 

• Like 1

On 01/06/2018 at 12:36, lildave3 said:

I literally do not understand how people get so snobby and offended over people's choice of what they drink. Personally I like Coors Light/Bud Light and think ale tastes like shit - apparently I'm not a man. 

Amen to this. 

Dont care what anyone else drinks but don’t slate others. Can’t stand those who say you’re not drinking real beer or that you’re not a man. Pathetic. 

40 minutes ago, Bert said:

If youre all wondering what a beer snob is, it’s someone who will slate someone for drinking something other than what they drink or not real ale. 

Sounds like someone has a complex because he likes shit beer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bert said:

You'd rather this was just a thread of people saying "Carling, Foster's, Carlsberg, Coors" like we were reading the background of a Flintstones cartoon?

If saying carlsberg, fosters and carling are terrible beers is being a snob then so be it!

staropramen prahva have a really bottle pilsner out atm, very light tasting and refreshing.

my favourite beer is Pauwel “Kwak”, 8.4% so only have one but it’s tastes of toffee and caramel make it so scarily drinkable 

Edited by lcfc sheff
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lcfc sheff said:

If saying carlsberg, fosters and carling are terrible beers is being a snob then so be it!

staropramen prahva have a really bottle pilsner out atm, very light tasting and refreshing.

my favourite beer is Pauwel “Kwak”, 8.4% so only have one but it’s tastes of toffee and caramel make it so scarily drinkable 

The glass is great fun too, good stuff Kwak.

33 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

You'd rather this was just a thread of people saying "Carling, Foster's, Carlsberg, Coors" like we were reading the background of a Flintstones cartoon?

No. Don’t really care enough to make snide snobby comments about what other people drink such as “you should try beer” and “that’s not real beer”. It’s their choice. It’s 2018, didn’t realise it was an in thing to slate other people’s choice of drink. Why do you have a problem with Carling, Coors etc out of interest? Can’t stand the taste of lager myself so don’t really understand where it all comes from. 

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Sounds like someone has a complex because he likes shit beer.

Don’t like beer whether that be bitter or lager, if you must know. Enjoy a cider. Much more refreshing. But hey, carry on being snobby and stuck up over a drink

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bert said:

No. Don’t really care enough to make snide snobby comments about what other people drink such as “you should try beer” and “that’s not real beer”. It’s their choice. It’s 2018, didn’t realise it was an in thing to slate other people’s choice of drink. Why do you have a problem with Carling, Coors etc out of interest? Can’t stand the taste of lager myself so don’t really understand where it all comes from. 

I can't hate Carling that much as managed about 10 pints of the stuff last Saturday.

It was a jokey, throwaway comment FFS. Lighten up. Fvck knows why you'd be so wound up about what some blokes on the internet think of your choice of beer anyway.

Edited by Voll Blau

Just now, Voll Blau said:

I can't hate Carling that much as managed about 10 pints of the stuff last Saturday.

It was a jokey, throwaway comment FFS. Lighten up. Fvck knows why you'd be so wound up about what some blokes on the internet think of your choice of beer anyway.

Couldn’t care less, again. It’s the snobbery and arrogance of it all. What do people achieve from it? 

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Couldn’t care less, again. It’s the snobbery and arrogance of it all. What do people achieve from it? 

For someone who couldn't care less you seem to be posting about it quite a lot.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Ah the easy way out lol 

It literally was a joke.

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Ah the easy way out lol 

I mean, I don't contribute much so I have no reason for an easy way out lol 

As far as I'm concerned, it comes across as a light ribbing about a beverage. I doubt any of the contributors on here would genuinely scream at you for not drinking real ale or actively hate commercial lager drinkers (:ph34r:). If they do have issues with commercial lagers, its probably the fact most of it have become brewed by vast conglomerates and the breweries have truly ruined the pub industry, but that's another matter. 

There's a lot of genuine agro and heat on this forum, this thread clearly isn't a perpetrator and there's no reason to make it out as such.

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

For someone who couldn't care less you seem to be posting about it quite a lot.

It literally was a joke.

I’m just trying to understand why it’s so cool to slate other people’s drink of choice? 

2 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

I mean, I don't contribute much so I have no reason for an easy way out lol 

As far as I'm concerned, it comes across as a light ribbing about a beverage. I doubt any of the contributors on here would genuinely scream at you for not drinking real ale or actively hate commercial lager drinkers (:ph34r:). If they do have issues with commercial lagers, its probably the fact most of it have become brewed by vast conglomerates and the breweries have truly ruined the pub industry, but that's another matter. 

There's a lot of genuine agro and heat on this forum, this thread clearly isn't a perpetrator and there's no reason to make it out as such.

Yet most public houses solely relied on people drinking these lagers that are cool to slate. If anythings done the pub industry it’s the smoking ban. 

I’m literally just trying to see what people get out of it all, my beers better than yours, you’re not a real man etc.