Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

Anyway aside from that and whilst on subject, anyone who enjoys craft beers or ciders (something for you Bert! ;)) around the LE9 postcode, my nan is opening up the Shilton Vaults in Earl Shilton this Saturday. She's also the landlady of the Pestle & Mortar in Hinckley if anyone has ventured in there. 

There's no commercial lagers available but The Pestle has won CAMRA Cider Pub of the Year for the Hinckley & Bosworth area a couple years on the run and it has a strong beer selection as well, and you can be able to expect similar in the Vaults.

So from the 29th onwards make sure to check it out, sorry if this seems somewhat of a plug but aside from family I can assure it will have a fantastic, well-kept selection in there well worth a visit!

• Like 1

Just now, Finnaldo said:

Anyway aside from that and whilst on subject, anyone who enjoys craft beers or ciders (something for you Bert! ;)) around the LE9 postcode, my nan is opening up the Shilton Vaults in Earl Shilton this Saturday. She's also the landlady of the Pestle & Mortar in Hinckley if anyone has ventured in there. 

There's no commercial lagers available but The Pestle has won CAMRA Cider Pub of the Year for the Hinckley & Bosworth area a couple years on the run and it has a strong beer selection as well, and you can be able to expect similar in the Vaults.

So from the 29th onwards make sure to check it out, sorry if this seems somewhat of a plug but aside from family I can assure it will have a fantastic, well-kept selection in there well worth a visit!

Gotta work Saturday lol :( 

6 minutes ago, Bert said:

Yet most public houses solely relied on people drinking these lagers that are cool to slate. If anythings done the pub industry it’s the smoking ban. 

I’m literally just trying to see what people get out of it all, my beers better than yours, you’re not a real man etc. 

The breweries also charge a ridiculous lease on pubs, and if a pub does well there'll only up the lease. They punish success and it can damage many public houses. Some will only allow certain beers they wish you to sell and if you sell all your stock they'll only supply more at a premium cost, again punishing successful pubs.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bert said:

No. Don’t really care enough to make snide snobby comments about what other people drink such as “you should try beer” and “that’s not real beer”. It’s their choice. It’s 2018, didn’t realise it was an in thing to slate other people’s choice of drink. Why do you have a problem with Carling, Coors etc out of interest? Can’t stand the taste of lager myself so don’t really understand where it all comes from. 

I personally would never choose to drink Carling, Coors, Fosters etc unless there was no other choice on offer because of the beer quality, it's really not great. For example, much of these brands actually brew their beer to an ABV of around 8%, but then water down the beer to a more appropriate level for the mass market, which in my eyes isn't a great quality product. 

That being said, I do agree that if someone enjoys a pint of Carling, then I wouldn't knock them, I hope they enjoy their pint.

Just now, Finnaldo said:

The breweries also charge a ridiculous lease on pubs, and if a pub does well there'll only up the lease. They punish success and it can damage many public houses. Some will only allow certain beers they wish you to sell and if you sell all your stock they'll only supply more at a premium cost, again punishing successful pubs.

I’m fully aware. 

Friends Dad used to own the Tudor which was literally across the road from me. Everards were having his pants down on beers so he changed his supplier (very naughty considering it was an Everards pub) so he just went to a friend and got his beer from him lol 

• Like 1

Just now, rn9013 said:

I personally would never choose to drink Carling, Coors, Fosters etc unless there was no other choice on offer because of the beer quality, it's really not great. For example, much of these brands actually brew their beer to an ABV of around 8%, but then water down the beer to a more appropriate level for the mass market, which in my eyes isn't a great quality product. 

That being said, I do agree that if someone enjoys a pint of Carling, then I wouldn't knock them, I hope they enjoy their pint.

Wow. A reasoned answer. Like I’ve said. I can’t stand beer - lager or bitter. So I don’t get the hoo-har. 

6 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

I live round the corner from The Pestle & Mortar, go in there regularly. Superb gaff. Lawless is one of the best drops of piss in the business.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I live round the corner from The Pestle & Mortar, go in there regularly. Superb gaff. Lawless is one of the best drops of piss in the business.

Thanks for the endorsement, it sounds a lot better when its not just a family member lol

In all honestly I think its something Earl Shilton desperately needs. The Red Lion opposite has been a decent commercial boozer since it's refurbishment and together I think they can give folks around Shilton who aren't out for sniff or a fight to go out locally.

56 minutes ago, Bert said:

Don’t like beer whether that be bitter or lager, if you must know. Enjoy a cider. Much more refreshing. But hey, carry on being snobby and stuck up over a drink

Love a good nibble on a Monday morning.

This is why I love this place, just a simple thread about beer can turn into all out war, never change.

35 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Love a good nibble on a Monday morning.

This is why I love this place, just a simple thread about beer can turn into all out war, never change.

Love a nibble? Surprised you’re old enough to drink beer lol 

7 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Damn it, that video was supposed to be private!

lol

As an aside I really don't like those 660ml bottles especially when you get them at restaurants etc. They always get flat and warm by the time you get to the dregs in my experience, maybe I just drink too slow lol 

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

lol

As an aside I really don't like those 660ml bottles especially when you get them at restaurants etc. They always get flat and warm by the time you get to the dregs in my experience, maybe I just drink too slow lol 

Same here, but its better than getting 4 cans of lager and inevitably drinking them all on the same night in front of the TV due to lacking self-control.... crates are a no-no for the same reason!