Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want Summer 2018

27 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

So... from what I’ve been told today, not many if at all any signings are expected.

Too many players we need to offload, also owners are unlikely to back Puel and we can expect him to be out by October if we aren’t doing too well 

Understand that we need to offload a few but would seem a bit odd if we didn't bring anyone in to replace Mahrez. Also seems strange the owners haven't acted to replace Puel if they aren't convinced - surely they are just delaying the inevitable?

1 minute ago, Silva Fox said:

Understand that we need to offload a few but would seem a bit odd if we didn't bring anyone in to replace Mahrez. Also seems strange the owners haven't acted to replace Puel if they aren't convinced - surely they are just delaying the inevitable?

Generally they have mixed opinions on the man, hence unlikely to fully back him financially and unlikely to take risks. (Maddison is young, English, highly rated and likely have massive resale value, Evans is cheap, etc hence not really risks as such, although Ward seems odd but time will tell) 

I have no idea if they are bothered about the idea of a mahrez replacement, but just been told signings are unlikely which would suggest for one that Jahanbakhsh isn’t coming and perhaps the cheaper option of Ghezzal is more likely, but I may be interpreting that wrong.

i think they want a big name manager, someone will lots of connections with players and is likely to reduce agent fees we’ve been paying of late.

also, they definitely aren’t fond of Slimani, and I saw him walking alone later on from the ground to the bus, could be he’s had a talking to about a potential transfer; but who knows? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Generally they have mixed opinions on the man, hence unlikely to fully back him financially and unlikely to take risks. (Maddison is young, English, highly rated and likely have massive resale value, Evans is cheap, etc hence not really risks as such, although Ward seems odd but time will tell) 

I have no idea if they are bothered about the idea of a mahrez replacement, but just been told signings are unlikely which would suggest for one that Jahanbakhsh isn’t coming and perhaps the cheaper option of Ghezzal is more likely, but I may be interpreting that wrong.

i think they want a big name manager, someone will lots of connections with players and is likely to reduce agent fees we’ve been paying of late.

also, they definitely aren’t fond of Slimani, and I saw him walking alone later on from the ground to the bus, could be he’s had a talking to about a potential transfer; but who knows? 

Sounds like they are taking a big risk to me. Whilst I'm no Puel fan it sounds like they're already writing him off but who's to say a "big name" will be available if and when they decide to get rid and what message does it send to our best players if they pick up on the owners' ongoing lack of confidence, not backing him financially etc. It doesn't sound like they're exactly keeping their thoughts private and I could fully understand if the likes of Schmeichel, Vardy, Maguire etc decide they would be better off elsewhere.  

10 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

Sounds like they are taking a big risk to me. Whilst I'm no Puel fan it sounds like they're already writing him off but who's to say a "big name" will be available if and when they decide to get rid and what message does it send to our best players if they pick up on the owners' ongoing lack of confidence, not backing him financially etc. It doesn't sound like they're exactly keeping their thoughts private and I could fully understand if the likes of Schmeichel, Vardy, Maguire etc decide they would be better off elsewhere.  

I agree with a lot of what youre saying, I just think clearly there was a lot more truth in the Brendan Rodgers rumours than I thought, And for that I owe any ‘ITKs’ an apology.

2 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I agree with a lot of what youre saying, I just think clearly there was a lot more truth in the Brendan Rodgers rumours than I thought, And for that I owe any ‘ITKs’ an apology.

Brendon Rodgers isn't a big name though. Puel probably has more pedigree than him. 

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

So... from what I’ve been told today, not many if at all any signings are expected.

Too many players we need to offload, also owners are unlikely to back Puel and we can expect him to be out by October if we aren’t doing too well 

You've been fed a load of dog shit pal. If signings were going to be few and far between now, we wouldn't have spent £10-12m on a reserve goalie. Yes we need to offload players but we have the safety net of an extra 3 weeks to sell abroad when the window shuts for us on the 10th. There'll will be 2 more come in minimum. The owners might well have reservations on Puel but it's not enough yet for them to replace him and they wouldn't risk wasting half a season and potentially being in a huge relegation battle come January when it is painfully obvious we're packing a Mahrez replacement. 

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

By how reliable.a source?

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You've been fed a load of dog shit pal. If signings were going to be few and far between now, we wouldn't have spent £10-12m on a reserve goalie. Yes we need to offload players but we have the safety net of an extra 3 weeks to sell abroad when the window shuts for us on the 10th. There'll will be 2 more come in minimum. The owners might well have reservations on Puel but it's not enough yet for them to replace him and they wouldn't risk wasting half a season and potentially being in a huge relegation battle come January when it is painfully obvious we're packing a Mahrez replacement. 

Hey you can think whatever I’m just telling you what I’ve been told, I hope some of it doesn’t prove the case; I felt it was important to share as some of it actually makes sense with what ‘ITKs’ have said on this forum (who I have personally been skeptical of) 

i believe if we see any signings they’ll be cheap and fans may fell underwhelmed,  January will be most likely to see any sort of statement signing be it under Puel’s or a bigger name manager reign.

heres hoping we have a successful season regardless :beer:

1 minute ago, lcfc sheff said:

Hey you can think whatever I’m just telling you what I’ve been told, I hope some of it doesn’t prove the case; I felt it was important to share as some of it actually makes sense with what ‘ITKs’ have said on this forum (who I have personally been skeptical of) 

i believe if we see any signings they’ll be cheap and fans may fell underwhelmed,  January will be most likely to see any sort of statement signing be it under Puel’s or a bigger name manager reign.

I'm not saying you're lying, I'm saying the person who has told you is wrong. This club is a farce at times but we will bring in more players. 

9 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

if that's the case, I assume puels aim this season will be safety/ 40 points & that will please them. I just hope they don't stand in the way of our better players wanting to play in Europe if they don't want too invest and try to move the club forward.

Edited by OhYesNdidi

1 minute ago, OhYesNdidi said:

if that's the case, I assume puels aim this season will be safety/ 40 points & that will please them. I just hope they don't stand in the way of our better players wanting to play in Europe if they don't want too invest and try to move the club forward.

Why are you even discussing this, it's complete pony. I despair.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not saying you're lying, I'm saying the person who has told you is wrong. This club is a farce at times but we will bring in more players. 

I wish that was the case, but he has no reason to, also I’m not saying their won’t be any signings; just they certainly won’t be big names or big fees. 

When January comes around I guess we’ll see what the situation is.

3 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Way I see it is if Puel is successful at the start of the season then they’ll back him more in January, but if not they’ll try their best to get a bigger name for October time, ID any targets and try finish strong. 

Just now, lcfc sheff said:

I wish that was the case, but he has no reason to, also I’m not saying their won’t be any signings; just they certainly won’t be big names or big fees. 

When January comes around I guess we’ll see what the situation is.

I do have to giggle at supposed in the knows at our club. We are a pretty closed book and unless your mate is Thai, related to Puel or heaven forbid Rudkin then I think it should be taken with a pinch of salt. We haven't even spent any money yet this summer due to Mahrez going and several others also departing in due course. Any low key transfers will be Puel's doing and not the owners tightening the purse strings.

1 minute ago, lcfc sheff said:

Way I see it is if Puel is successful at the start of the season then they’ll back him more in January, but if not they’ll try their best to get a bigger name for October time, ID any targets and try finish strong. 

Scandalous and goes completely against the £50m they gave him in May and June when he was more at risk of his future than now. Please mate, stop it.

3 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

we could struggle next season, be 15th come November - puel goes. No chance a 'big name' will want to manage us. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I do have to giggle at supposed in the knows at our club. We are a pretty closed book and unless your mate is Thai, related to Puel or heaven forbid Rudkin then I think it should be taken with a pinch of salt. We haven't even spent any money yet this summer due to Mahrez going and several others also departing in due course. Any low key transfers will be Puel's doing and not the owners tightening the purse strings.

We’ll see like I said come January ?

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Scandalous and goes completely against the £50m they gave him in May and June when he was more at risk of his future than now. Please mate, stop it.

You don’t have to believe me, but they definitely aren’t so sure about Puel.