Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want Summer 2018

5 minutes ago, JayPittardBlueatheart said:

Like I said before, I don't think it will happen.

I just think that if Everton do put in a serious bid in for him, then we should do everything we can do beat it.
If he ended up at a club like Everton (as opposed to a top 6 club here or top 4 club abroad) and we made no obvious attempt to try and lure him, then I would be disappointed that we didn't at least try....

He'll go for about £60m, out of our league. 

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

He'll go for about £60m, out of our league. 

On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 13:29, JayPittardBlueatheart said:

I would love for us to go for Zaha. Now I know that there is like a 0% chance of us signing him but if the reports that Everton are after him have any standing then we should throw our hat in the ring. He would probably cost us the Riyad money but he is most talented winger outside the top 6 (Mahrez not included) so is worth a pop. He could even stay in London if he moves to us which would be an added advantage for him.

I agree with the price 100%.

I disagree that as a 1 off, we could not put in a 60 mill bid for a quality player at this very moment in time.

We have the Prem TV money, the CL money and the Riyad money all to spend if required. West Ham look like they will spend 60 mill on 2 players (Anderson and Diop) and they only have the Prem TV money coming in so we should be in a more financially secure position then them.

The main reason he will not come is because he should be playing at a top top club and if a club that plays in Europe on a regular basis went for him, of course he would go.
I just think that if a club like Everton went for him though, we would geographically be a more attractive choice and we should match whatever bid they should make (As if we are ever going to be financially able, this will be the time).  

This is all of course complete speculation, with very specific conditions, but in a "Who do you want" thread I am simply saying, if Everton go for Zaha as some reports  state they might, then.... I SAY GERRIMIN

3 minutes ago, JayPittardBlueatheart said:

I agree with the price 100%.

I disagree that as a 1 off, we could not put in a 60 mill bid for a quality player at this very moment in time.

We have the Prem TV money, the CL money and the Riyad money all to spend if required. West Ham look like they will spend 60 mill on 2 players (Anderson and Diop) and they only have the Prem TV money coming in so we should be in a more financially secure position then them.

The main reason he will not come is because he should be playing at a top top club and if a club that plays in Europe on a regular basis went for him, of course he would go.
I just think that if a club like Everton went for him though, we would geographically be a more attractive choice and we should match whatever bid they should make (As if we are ever going to be financially able, this will be the time).  

This is all of course complete speculation, with very specific conditions, but in a "Who do you want" thread I am simply saying, if Everton go for Zaha as some reports  state they might, then.... I SAY GERRIMIN

It's completely unrealistic for us to spend £60m on Zaha. Only PSG, Barca, Real, Juventus and Liverpool have ever spent more than that on one player. 

Man City and Chelsea have spent similar and the likes of Arsenal, Tottenham, Bayern, Atletico, AC Milan, Inter, tc have never spent that. 

I rated Zaha a couple of years a go as Palace's best player but he's overpriced now and will probably never go for that kind of money or more again. He has little upside at that price.

4 hours ago, Gerard said:

It's completely unrealistic for us to spend £60m on Zaha. Only PSG, Barca, Real, Juventus and Liverpool have ever spent more than that on one player. 

Man City and Chelsea have spent similar and the likes of Arsenal, Tottenham, Bayern, Atletico, AC Milan, Inter, tc have never spent that. 

I rated Zaha a couple of years a go as Palace's best player but he's overpriced now and will probably never go for that kind of money or more again. He has little upside at that price.

Can I confirm before I reply properly that you are giving me these lists in an attempt to argue that only the biggest clubs will spend big money on one player?

5 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Ruben Loftus-Cheek. 

Reckon he would be available for 25m but that's just a guess based on his Chelsea future and his present ability. 

I think he'd be a great signing but I don't think Chelsea will sell him, especially not at 25m.  Bearing in mind he is a young England international, they'd probably value him at closer to 45m, although as I say, I can't see them looking to sell him as he is someone they can build a team around for the future.

1 minute ago, Mehrez said:

Interestingly Bas Dost has followed lcfc and Iheanacho on instagram 

That would only make sense if Slimani were to leave, too similar in style.

Dost has been heavily linked with a switch to Fenerbahçe.

Doubt we would have any chance of signing him now (although it may have been possible two years ago after we had been crowned Champions), but Ivan Perisic would be the man to replace Mahrez. We should have also gone for the likes of Mandzukic rather than Slimani and Musa

41 minutes ago, 49er said:

Doubt we would have any chance of signing him now (although it may have been possible two years ago after we had been crowned Champions), but Ivan Perisic would be the man to replace Mahrez. We should have also gone for the likes of Mandzukic rather than Slimani and Musa

Your name should be DREAMer

48 minutes ago, 49er said:

Well it would cost us north of £120m with their transfer fees and wages altogether, plus they have no resale value AND they’d want champions league football. But besides those small factors, the worlds your oyster 

Schmeichel

Mina              Evans           Maguire

Perriera                                                                      Chilwell

Ndidi            Silva 

Ziyech                         Maddison

Vardy

This would be my dream 11 based on who we've been linked with/who's available. Maddison and Ziyech would more than make up for Mahrez's creativity and Mina and Maguire would make us very dangerous from set pieces. A team like this could really challenge the big boys. 

• Like 2

Centre back - Mina (Vida as 2nd option)

Winger - Jahanbakhsh 

Striker - Mitrovic

Would love us to push the boat out & try signing Andre Gomes from Barca aswell but can’t see that happening.

I haven’t put a left back in there either because I think we should give Chilwell 6 months to prove his worth imo. If he still looks bit of a weak link come January, buy a new left back & Fuchs can get his move to the MLS.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28
  • Like 1

On 12/07/2018 at 19:18, breadandcheese said:

I think he'd be a great signing but I don't think Chelsea will sell him, especially not at 25m.  Bearing in mind he is a young England international, they'd probably value him at closer to 45m, although as I say, I can't see them looking to sell him as he is someone they can build a team around for the future.

I mean statistically he's been pretty poor, Andy king and Matty James stats are similar per 90 mins albeit with less minutes. 

Plus RLC has literally said this season he needs to play wherever it is and he's considering moving on, with a new manager and new ideas maybe he will be part of those plans but if not he's going to want to force a move. 

I definitely wouldn't consider him at 45m, he's got potential but as I say statistically he's not really been pulling up any trees. I think anywhere between 25-30m would be my limit for him. Plenty of proven talent around for that price. 

Ndidi is absolutely streets ahead of RLC and Iborra has been statistically far superior. More than 20 forward passes more for 90 mins. Infact RLC is just as likely to pass backwards as he is forwards but I suppose playing for palace probably had something to do with that.

2 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

besides a top class right winger, if we could get in a top class Centre Mid we'd be laughing.

I think this too. How old is N'Zonzi now, him and Wilf in the middle, Maguire, Evans and Mina as a back 3 we would be so solid! 

5 minutes ago, manders86 said:

I think this too. How old is N'Zonzi now, him and Wilf in the middle, Maguire, Evans and Mina as a back 3 we would be so solid! 

29/30 ish, i'm not too fused about that as he'll be able to play to the same level for a few seasons yet.

1 minute ago, breadandcheese said:

Didn't N'Zonzi reject us after we won the league?  I'm sure we tried to sign him then.

Think we tried every year for about 4 years but time we got back involved. He's about 31 so stick 4 years at £80k/week in front of him and money talks.