Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want Summer 2018

3 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Heard that we are in for leon bailey, when i heard i was a bit like 'no chance' but the person who i trust was like you might be suprised with this one.

Will see - will cost a fortune and it would take a job persuading him but he's a hell of a player. I'd take a year of him before he joins the big boys.

You’re an absolute rotter for getting our hopes up. Threads will be started. Planes will be tracked. Sheppy will probably die of excitement. Nobody will get any work done.

Please be true!!

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

Wolves have reportedly met Adama Traore's 18m release fee. He's a player I'd be delighted to see us sign for, having improved massively under Pulis and added a real maturity to his game.  

He'd be a great addition to a Mahrez-less team.

He's literally just Schlupp. Run's and does nothing else.  He's been at Middlesborough for three seasons and for two of those he hasn't even scored...

32 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

He's literally just Schlupp. Run's and does nothing else.  He's been at Middlesborough for three seasons and for two of those he hasn't even scored...

He definitely isn't literally Schlupp. He is shite though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I appreciate I'm in the minority in thinking he's decent, but I was impressed with him last season and think he's finally grown up in his decision making under Pulis.  Admittedly, if I went on previous seasons, I'd think the same as you.  It speaks volumes that Wolves, who already have two good wingers, in Jota and Costa, are trying to sign him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

I appreciate I'm in the minority in thinking he's decent, but I was impressed with him last season and think he's finally grown up in his decision making under Pulis.  Admittedly, if I went on previous seasons, I'd think the same as you.  It speaks volumes that Wolves, who already have two good wingers, in Jota and Costa, are trying to sign him.

Every time I see one of your posts it makes me feel peckish 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Iran said:

Saman Ghoddos

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/3394671/west-ham-leicester-tracking-ostersunds-saman-ghoddos-sources?src=com

He was already scouted by club scouts in his game against Arsenal at the Emirates. Rumor has it he is in talk with 2 English club teams currently.

Ghoddos is a great shout and he reminds me of Agüero a bit - unfortunately, we currently have too many attackers on our books. And before any new striker/centre forward joins the club, one or two would have to be transferred someplace else.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Woodsey1727 said:

That article is from February 2018

It is, that's when the scouts attended the match. There are more recent articles too, but they are just hinting torwards the clubs he's been scouted by. He is reported not to play on Saturday in hopes in finalizing a deal with whatever team.

16 minutes ago, Iran said:

It is, that's when the scouts attended the match. There are more recent articles too, but they are just hinting torwards the clubs he's been scouted by. He is reported not to play on Saturday in hopes in finalizing a deal with whatever team.

Fingers crossed that it is us 

? 

Patrick Roberts is the man I want to see at the club now.

I think all round it would be the best and most sensible signing for us at this point.

I’m intrigued by the Ademola Lookman situation at Everton, I think he wants to leave now, but Everton seem to be unwilling to let him go, even though he’s down the pecking order. If he is available, i’d take him as another option for us.

My only real concern is at CB.

I’m not convinced by the Evans signing (hope i’m wrong), and Wes and Benny just aren’t good enough I’m afraid.

Maguire needs a quality CB next to him, so they can form a proper partnership. (Which in turn could help us to keep Maguire for longer...)

I feel we need to replace Benny with an upgrade, but I really do not know who.

Lets face it, Wes isn’t going anywhere.

11 minutes ago, City1884 said:

Patrick Roberts is the man I want to see at the club now.

I think all round it would be the best and most sensible signing for us at this point.

I’m intrigued by the Ademola Lookman situation at Everton, I think he wants to leave now, but Everton seem to be unwilling to let him go, even though he’s down the pecking order. If he is available, i’d take him as another option for us.

My only real concern is at CB.

I’m not convinced by the Evans signing (hope i’m wrong), and Wes and Benny just aren’t good enough I’m afraid.

Maguire needs a quality CB next to him, so they can form a proper partnership. (Which in turn could help us to keep Maguire for longer...)

I feel we need to replace Benny with an upgrade, but I really do not know who.

Lets face it, Wes isn’t going anywhere.

Why? Can you let me know what he's ever done?

13 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

I'm surprised we haven't been linked with Ben Gibson this summer. We usually always are.

He signed a new contract in October at Boro.

He still seems to be available for the right offer, (around £15m) but his wages are probably much higher than they were prior to signing that new contract. Maybe that’s a factor?

24 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Why? Can you let me know what he's ever done?

He’s still young (21) so isn’t going to have stupidly great stats, however............

He’s young, English (so transfer value is more likely to grow than drop), was obviously highly rated by good scouts / coaches (Man City don’t usually waste good money on crap), had a very good spell at Celtic (1 goal every 4 games is great for a winger), leading them to want him back again, he’s been involved in the England set up, he’s experienced a winning mentality (unbeaten Celtic season), he’d be hungry and determined to prove himself in the Premier League.

I’m not sure what more you could ask for from a 21 year old really?

(His stats are comparable if not better than Demarai Gray, and most City fans seem happy to have him? Not a world beater, but definitely good enough for our squad, and a better option than Diabate in my opinion?)

Edited by City1884

I’m suprised no one has picked up Lamine Kone from Sunderland. I know he’s had back to back relegations, but that isn’t his fault entirely. He was well thought of a couple of seasons ago. You could pick him up for peanuts now, to add the cover we need at centre back.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, City1884 said:

He signed a new contract in October at Boro.

He still seems to be available for the right offer, (around £15m) but his wages are probably much higher than they were prior to signing that new contract. Maybe that’s a factor?

We've scouted him so often, you'd think that he's got to be a possible replacement should there be any traction in Maguire moving. 15m is not out the way.

I still think we need 2 more wingers this window alongside Madders. Imo, if we are looking at reaching Europe again we need to upgrade on both left n right flanks.

I’m just not convinced by Diabiate this year as an option either. I think he needs a love move in England somewhere, Guaranteed minutes to get use to the physicality & the decision making needed.

Mawson - could learn under Harry for a year and be our first reserve as he will still play 20-30 games and be used to the team.

Ziyech/traore/hazard - all of these have played EL football and are used to pressure. 1 of these would be good, 2 would be excellent. 

Plattenhardt/digne - both would give us an option as tough ask for Chilwell to bomb up and down the wing all season without an alternative that can do the same thing. 

10 hours ago, Max Wall said:

Haha. Tbh, there's so much panic on here some would probably take Bruno Marrs as our next signing.

Would put a few to shame if he had to do the old 'stand up and sing a song' that new signings are prone to.

Are we singing Bruno Marrs?  Awesome dude. That guy as got skillz’n’that. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 1