Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want Summer 2018

André Schürrle told to look for another club - even though he doesn't want to leave, Dortmund want to get rid because of his high wages (he earns 6 million Euro or £5.3m a year, that's roughly 100k per week).

An experienced left winger with that German Kampfgeist. Just what we need.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mozartfox said:

What I really want is see the deadwood shifted.

Likewise, although it's a "who do you want" thread, we've already got some good signings and some talented younger players emerging wouldn't mind seeing the likes of Ulloa, King, Kapustka, James, et al sold for bargain prices before bringing other players in (banking heavily on Maddison to be our playmaker)

16 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

:frusty:

its all personal i suppose but before his injury he was a great player with power,speed and could score and cross a ball he could play as a lw/rw or a wide cam 

he also has prem experience which i much prefer than someone young and inexperienced from abroad who might not settle 

10 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

I hope the money we get for Mahrez can get us a Hamer replacement.

We need to bring a strong banter expert more than ever.

That guy that ate the pie for Sutton United still available?!.. pure bants ?

44 minutes ago, dorsetboy said:

its all personal i suppose but before his injury he was a great player with power,speed and could score and cross a ball he could play as a lw/rw or a wide cam 

he also has prem experience which i much prefer than someone young and inexperienced from abroad who might not settle 

• he's 29.

• hasn't recovered from his knee injury fully.

• is currently on £80k p/w

• his most prolific season was 15/16 (5 goals, 4 assists) 

• he's only scored once I think since the start of the 16/17 season. 

• would cost £15-£20m.

no thanks 

2 hours ago, norwichfox said:

Likewise, although it's a "who do you want" thread, we've already got some good signings and some talented younger players emerging wouldn't mind seeing the likes of Ulloa, King, Kapustka, James, et al sold for bargain prices before bringing other players in (banking heavily on Maddison to be our playmaker)

sh*t..... Are we supposed to keeps all threads strictly on topic??    That will never catch on, on FT  -  Trust me.

I would love for us to go for Zaha. Now I know that there is like a 0% chance of us signing him but if the reports that Everton are after him have any standing then we should throw our hat in the ring. He would probably cost us the Riyad money but he is most talented winger outside the top 6 (Mahrez not included) so is worth a pop. He could even stay in London if he moves to us which would be an added advantage for him.

17 minutes ago, JayPittardBlueatheart said:

I would love for us to go for Zaha. Now I know that there is like a 0% chance of us signing him but if the reports that Everton are after him have any standing then we should throw our hat in the ring. He would probably cost us the Riyad money but he is most talented winger outside the top 6 (Mahrez not included) so is worth a pop. He could even stay in London if he moves to us which would be an added advantage for him.

Palace fans will be saying the same thing as we were when Everton were 'interested' in Vardy re Zaha. Ain't happening. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Palace fans will be saying the same thing as we were when Everton were 'interested' in Vardy re Zaha. Ain't happening. 

Everton's interest came after we had won a league and 2 cups more than Everton in the last 20 years though right? 

Whilst Palace have finished above us in any league table, once in the last ten years and have won what? 

I said it wasn't happening but I will fight the whose a bigger club when it comes to Palace all day long.

Besides Vardy is happy to build a legacy with us. Zaha just turned down a new contract with Palace.

If Everton go for him, we should as well. Like Maguire with Spurs, he may make the sensible choice. 

6 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Don't know how many of you watching the MLS, but Miguel Almiron and Josef Martinez (Both play for Atlanta United) are two players to keep an eye on.

Almiron in particular I think would suit us.

Almiron is definitely bound for bigger things in Europe, IMO - but I think Atlanta United can pay up to keep him and they are growing rapidly so it’s not set in stone

Edited by UPinCarolina
  • Like 1

On 10/07/2018 at 23:28, JayPittardBlueatheart said:

Everton's interest came after we had won a league and 2 cups more than Everton in the last 20 years though right? 

Whilst Palace have finished above us in any league table, once in the last ten years and have won what? 

I said it wasn't happening but I will fight the whose a bigger club when it comes to Palace all day long.

Besides Vardy is happy to build a legacy with us. Zaha just turned down a new contract with Palace.

If Everton go for him, we should as well. Like Maguire with Spurs, he may make the sensible choice. 

If Zaha is turning down £120k a week at Palace he won't be moving to us or Everton, he'll see both clubs as a sideways move.

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

If Zaha is turning down £120k a week at Palace he won't be moving to us or Everton, he'll see both clubs as a sideways move.

Like I said before, I don't think it will happen.

I just think that if Everton do put in a serious bid in for him, then we should do everything we can do beat it.
If he ended up at a club like Everton (as opposed to a top 6 club here or top 4 club abroad) and we made no obvious attempt to try and lure him, then I would be disappointed that we didn't at least try....

3 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

You’d imagine after this week we can expect some players getting the cut in terms of outgoings, can’t see us signing anyone till then 

We will have another month to get rid of any players we do not want...
Assuming we take this stance of selling first, at the rate we are going, we will not have the chance to make any new signings before the window closes (in like 2 weeks? )

1 minute ago, JayPittardBlueatheart said:

We will have another month to get rid of any players we do not want...
Assuming we take this stance of selling first, at the rate we are going, we will not have the chance to make any new signings before the window closes (in like 2 weeks? )

Till August 9th we can make signings so google says, I suppose there’s enough time to not panic just yet!