Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want Summer 2018

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Not sure the reasons for his release but he's a very gifted player. I'd love him here.

He doesn't want to play in the Ukraine any longer.

Lack of competition, lack of European football and the political instability following the Krim annexion have done their respective part.

Currently linked with a switch to Portugal - Benfica is on his case:

https://www.gazetaesportiva.com/times/benfica/apos-deixar-o-shakhtar-bernard-estaria-em-negociacoes-com-o-benfica/

Robbie Brady anyone? Always impressed me when I've seen him, got a great left foot and plays right wing. Played for Man Utd at youth level so will fit right in!

Doesn't sound the most exciting but he'd be quality here I bet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

Robbie Brady anyone? Always impressed me when I've seen him, got a great left foot and plays right wing. Played for Man Utd at youth level so will fit right in!

Doesn't sound the most exciting but he'd be quality here I bet.

He hasn't played since he ran into Maguire last season.

Right. I’ve decided I’m happy enough to go into the season with what we’ve got! If we were just to sell Benalouane and Elder, put out to loan Kaputska, Knight and Thomas, and give Johnson a shot in the full squad, I think we could be set.

This would of course mean holding on to all our senior players such as Musa and Slimani, but I feel that they only enhance the strength of our squad, and give us good options

All this could obviously be reviewed at the Jan transfer window

Edited by FoxinNotts
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Right. I’ve decided I’m happy enough to go into the season with what we’ve got! If we were just to sell Benalouane and Elder, put out to loan Kaputska, Knight and Thomas, and give Johnson a shot in the full squad, I think we could be set.

This would of course mean holding on to all our senior players such as Musa and Slimani, but I feel that they only enhance the strength of our squad, and give us good options

From what I heard before I think it’s the reality we have to accept, I still think we’ll get another cheapish winger unless a u23 player really impresses. 

34 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

We may well be prepared to go with what we have as I think the only serious buy will be a player in the three behind Vardy if at all. Puel may be thinking playing Gray, Iheanacho and Maddison just behind him in a narrow three which gives all our talented young players good game time and the ability to kick on. We would still have Albrighton, Diabate and Okazaki so we could change things up.

• Like 2

Just read on sky sports transfer centre that West ham are prepared to listen to offers over 15m for Antonio, the ex forest lad. (An after thought in the kouyate to palace link)

Not sure I know enough to say I want him and not saying he should be the marquee signing to replace mahrez but he seems to fit the Leicester mould of young and hungry.

New manager, lots of ins and outs.  Not sure that is enough to write him off and remember him bursting onto the scene when he first joined West ham.

Any thoughts/knowledge gratefully received.

Edited by gw_leics772

3 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Just read on sky sports transfer centre that West ham are prepared to listen to offers over 15m for Antonio, the ex forest lad. (An after thought in the kouyate to palace link)

Not sure I know enough to say I want him and not saying he should be the marquee signing to replace mahrez but he seems to fit the Leicester mould of young and hungry.

New manager, lots of ins and outs.  Not sure that is enough to write him off and remember him bursting onto the scene when he first joined West ham.

Any thoughts/knowledge gratefully received.

Sure one of the ITK’s said he was someone we were interested in. I think I’d fit in well too.

just said in another thread why does it feel like we are turning into a buy for profit and not for trophies club at the minute off the top of my head these players seem to have gone for peanuts or close to signing and i think they could have done nicely 

seri  ------great in the middle and wanted by some top teams  dont know how fulham got him tbh 

schurrle--------just about to sign for fulham and for me would have been ideal as a wide cam or winger got great pass and shot on him 

moutinho  ------  5m quid to wolves ffs  he would have done a great job here can play box to box has great passing and dead ball skills 

bailey ---said he wants to leave and would take 35-40m   lets go for it the bundesliga bailey not utd one 

3 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

I honestly believe we would be fighting relegation if that was the case. We wouldn't be a bad team (our defence in particular would look decent) but with the teams around us vastly improving their squads ( Everton looking like getting Richarlison, mina and Digne. Wolves making some good signings,Fulham getting Schurle and West ham adding quality) I can see our lack of creativity in the squad seeing us finishing around 15th if we are lucky. 

16 minutes ago, dorsetboy said:

just said in another thread why does it feel like we are turning into a buy for profit and not for trophies club at the minute off the top of my head these players seem to have gone for peanuts or close to signing and i think they could have done nicely 

seri  ------great in the middle and wanted by some top teams  dont know how fulham got him tbh 

schurrle--------just about to sign for fulham and for me would have been ideal as a wide cam or winger got great pass and shot on him 

moutinho  ------  5m quid to wolves ffs  he would have done a great job here can play box to box has great passing and dead ball skills 

bailey ---said he wants to leave and would take 35-40m   lets go for it the bundesliga bailey not utd one 

Moutinho to Wolves is a carve up. That's the only club he was going to at that price

Schurrle - Not convinced

Seri - Agree, Christ knows why Fulham is his destination.

Bailey - I don't know enough about him.

We really can't be accused of doing no business though. We just did all/most of it early which, given the Silva debacle, is a good thing. If we don't do any more, it will probably be because Puel is happy with what he has even though many don't seem to be.

18 minutes ago, dorsetboy said:

Seri - We already have Ndidi & Silva as likely first choice. We also spent £12m on Iborra the season before, we have Choudhury who we want to develop and James, King, Mendy and Amartey. We can't just keep stock piling CM's and if we really wanted a Seri type we shouldn't have spent the best part of £40m only 12 months before on players in that position.

Schurrle and Moutinho have had loads of injuries and may well prove to be reputation buys. They haven't been bought on recent form.

Bailey - That ship sailed long a go, we should have spotted him alongside Ndidi. I'm sure we did but our scouting team underestimated him.

3 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Me too.  Lets see if Diabate and Gray can step up.

None of the names we are being linked with excite me and some make the heart sink.  No more expensive continental duds that we can't shift.

No more incomings  unless it's a player that is clearly better than what we have.

Edited by murphy

1 hour ago, gw_leics772 said:

He's 28