Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Why is everyone surprised? They are and have been one of the 3 biggest teams in the world for 50 years. I just hope they keep Ole in charge, the honeymoon period will eventually wear off as certain players become team fixtures and others don't . Manure's problem is their players attitudes ( a little like some of our legends over the last couple of years). 

Not surprised in the least or maybe surprised they could do so badly. They got what, half a billion worth on the pitch and it was clear where the problem was. The attitude might stink for but Mourinho is a toxic dinosaur who was dragging them down. It's not the first club where he fell out with the players but it will certainly be the last in the Prem and maybe at this level.

9 hours ago, KingsX said:

If Mourinho was still there, they'd be a weak sixth at best.  The way he was poisoning the changing room and fighting with Woodward, he was a 25-point albatross around their neck.

Of course, but there was just no way the board would sit back and watch the ship sink. So any delirious hope sprout in the mind of some our fans that we could compete with them in any way was doomed from the start.

Manager bounce or not, they're on a roll and will certainly wipe out Burnley before they come to us. Can't think of a worse possible time to play them.

Edited by That_Dude

Who will get the boot first? Marco Silva or Claude Puel?!

Everton put our season into context. We've been inconsistent, often boring and decidedly mediocre, but they have spent a small fortune on multiple managers and players and are slightly worse than us. At least we have the young guns developing.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Everton put our season into context. We've been inconsistent, often boring and decidedly mediocre, but they have spent a small fortune on multiple managers and players and are slightly worse than us. At least we have the young guns developing.

I totally agree with the Everton comment, we are in the same sort of position where we expect more but seeing them fail makes me feel a little better about where we are at the moment, we are both so alike it's scary ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, copunk said:

I totally agree with the Everton comment, we are in the same sort of position where we expect more but seeing them fail makes me feel a little better about where we are at the moment, we are both so alike it's scary ?

Both clubs are under-performing, but whilst they are being run by idiots, we have a clear plan of what we are trying to achieve.

"I don't want to go too fast, then we can fall down" - A direct quote from Top in the recent video the club put out. That is what Everton and I'd argue West Ham are doing. They've wasted fortunes on players and managers but are in the same position they already were. Or in Everton's case, they are actually in a *worse* position than under Allardyce! They are quite literally going too fast to try and get to the next level and it's backfiring. We've wasted a ton of money too, but it does seem like we're learning our lessons.

Trying to build a young team and develop them together seems like a better way of achieving success than spending a ton of money on mercenary types that had one or two good seasons IMO.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah, but but but... he’s Marco Silva and exciting and progressive and en vogue. Puel is a boring Frenchman who barely smiles, doesn’t engage the press, and is loyal to the teams he is at, and doesn’t splash the cash... so he’s way worse :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Just now, HoustonFox said:

Yeah, but but but... he’s Marco Silva and exciting and progressive and en vogue. Puel is a boring Frenchman who barely smiles, doesn’t engage the press, and is loyal to the teams he is at, and doesn’t splash the cash... so he’s way worse :ph34r:

Rather than turn this thread into yet another argument about the manager, I just want to focus on the CLUB. The way we are being run and the strategy we have in place is a good one. Even if the manager left, because of our strategy, our player investments and infrastructure investments, another manager could come in and run with it quite easily.

For Everton, they have to start again every time they sack their manager. West Ham are decent, but it's fleeting because they have mercenary type players, as will be evidenced when Arnautovic heads off to China for crazy wages.

I reckon Puel will be replaced in the summer, but because we are building an identity and club ethos it's unlikely to be a big issue.

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

We were unlucky against Newport. They are deservedly getting spanked.

3-1 they will come back, Leicester are the only team that can't, when we are bad we are sh't

*IN THE FA CUP*

Edited by H.a.r.r.y

4 minutes ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

3-1 they will comeback, Leicester are the only team that can't, when we are bad we are sh't

We’ve won more points from losing positions than nearly every other team in the Premier League.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Regardless, “Leicester are the only team that can’t” is a bit of a nonsensical comment.

wolves 2-0 down equalised last minute, Newport equalised in the 93rd minute, Millwall scored a last-minute winner. you get what i am getting at?