Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Where would Cardiff stand in terms of the transfer if the worst has happened? I know it's not the most important thing, just curious

Clubs insure players after transfers, the transfer goes through but cardiff would most likely get the fee back in an insurance claim. Of course lets all hope the player has survived so this wouldn't be a concern.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As in our case you always pray for the best, even when it doesn't look good, another tragic event in the footballing world, terrible? thoughts with all at Cardiff, sala, the pilot and their families 

Edited by copunk

Very heart-breaking..

Thoughts are certainly with his family and also the club.

Don't think it's right to say RIP to him at present, but has my sympathies as he seemed a decent person in the media.

Certainly not as it matters anyway but, in this type of unexpected event, would Cardiff get the fee back they paid for him.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
Please disregard the final sentence, as just noticed it's answered just above this post.

Bournemouth sign Chris Mepham from Brentford for 12 million, the same player who we were in for in the summer for 15 million and it got rejected. Must think Brentford were trying to rip us off who do they think they are Sporting Lisbon

27 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Bournemouth sign Chris Mepham from Brentford for 12 million, the same player who we were in for in the summer for 15 million and it got rejected. Must think Brentford were trying to rip us off who do they think they are Sporting Lisbon

These small clubs such as Bournemouth can pretend they don't have the money. 

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Very heart-breaking..

Thoughts are certainly with his family and also the club.

Don't think it's right to say RIP to him at present, but has my sympathies as he seemed a decent person in the media.

Certainly not as it matters anyway but, in this type of unexpected event, would Cardiff get the fee back they paid for him.

Cardiff should have insured the player as soon as his registration with Cardiff was completed.    This would cover loss of life during traveling on Club Business.

Just now, mozartfox said:

Cardiff should have insured the player as soon as his registration with Cardiff was completed.    This would cover loss of life during traveling on Club Business.

I wondered about this. I know business doesn't matter when someone's life is concerned but it potentially could be £15m down the pan. 

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

I wondered about this. I know business doesn't matter when someone's life is concerned but it potentially could be £15m down the pan. 

If the contract was fully signed off by both parties, Cardiff must pay the agreed fee and recover same from Insurers.

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

If the contract was fully signed off by both parties, Cardiff must pay the agreed fee and recover same from Insurers.

I suppose they're still at a disadvantage still potentially being a player light with a limited number of days to replace him. Best case scenario is he's injured and out for the season. 

4 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I suppose they're still at a disadvantage still potentially being a player light with a limited number of days to replace him. Best case scenario is he's injured and out for the season. 

I am afraid he must have perished by now in the icy waters.  Very sad and a waste of a young life. Absolute Top Man apparently.  Life.........

58 minutes ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

Who sends their record signing on a 2 man plane over the English channel? seems odd to me, hope they are both okay but even if they survived the crash, you'd be a goner one night in that water 

I don’t think it’s as risky as you’re making out. More likely to be injured/die on the roads day in day out. 

5 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I don’t think it’s as risky as you’re making out. More likely to be injured/die on the roads day in day out. 

Guy on radio4 today said this type of plane actually had a very bad safety record. Can't recall the number of incidents but it sounded quite a lot.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Alli out and won't return till March for training. They're really going to be struggling at this rate 

Good ? if they are careful season could be over in a few weeks if they come up against any one half decent in the league in the next few weeks they will be ok trouble. 

2 hours ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

Who sends their record signing on a 2 man plane over the English channel? seems odd to me, hope they are both okay but even if they survived the crash, you'd be a goner one night in that water 

Flying is very safe, they just stand out because it's a bit more dramatic. 

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Commercial flight is, personal flights like this, depending on how you try to normalise it (Car journeys are far more common) might be more dangerous: https://www.livescience.com/49701-private-planes-safety.html

They are lumping in all the numpties flying their own planes in with professional pilots flying small planes though. This would have been a professional pilot and not some weekender out for a jolly and ploughing himself into a field. 

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

if the plane is missing over the channel it's most likely to have crashed in water not on a road or it definitely wouldn't be missing

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Good ? if they are careful season could be over in a few weeks if they come up against any one half decent in the league in the next few weeks they will be ok trouble. 

Is English your first language?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

They are lumping in all the numpties flying their own planes in with professional pilots flying small planes though. This would have been a professional pilot and not some weekender out for a jolly and ploughing himself into a field. 

It really isn’t a jolly.It makes your head hurt, but I know what you’re saying.Medical and so many flight hours .You are virtually in constant contact with different ATCs.Some are just blokes sitting in a shed admittedly.

Some guy on Radio 4 did say that his height was low,but this would have been approved and had many updates on it,if they weren’t happy they would have said.

Round here is a mare Lakenheath,Mildenhall,Stansted.

Tragic whoever.