Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

16 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Spurs are consistent underachievers. They haven’t matured at all since that draw with Chelsea which won us the league. 

When the stakes are high... bet against spurs.

easy win

• Haha 1

Guest Markyblue

Spurs,  just when you feel fed up with our season they fail again and make everything seem better. Spuds the tonic for the blues.?

22 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Can't wait for the next episode of The Bottlers.. Great Box set! 

Think the next one is about bottling the Dortmund game? 

It's compelling viewing but the storyline is a bit too predicable! 

After their 'top for 16 minutes' DVD in 2016, the 'in the 2019 league cup final for 90 minutes' DVD should be brilliant!

How great to wake up this morning to that result!

Hopefully Palace can win on Sunday to complete their 2019 cup misery. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, That_Dude said:

They're on fire. In fact, I dread them more than Liverpool. To think that some thought we could challenge them for the 6th spot...

If Mourinho was still there, they'd be a weak sixth at best.  The way he was poisoning the changing room and fighting with Woodward, he was a 25-point albatross around their neck.

Edited by KingsX

On 23/01/2019 at 13:37, MC Prussian said:

I find it somewhat strange that some Manchester City fans can't see past the fact that he is their current record-signing. Their expectations are a bit misled.

Once you look past the transfer fee, you quickly come to realize that it wasn't simply a move to strengthen their own team, moreso a transfer in order to weaken teams behind them in the table and a decision that keeps players like Mahrez away from joining potential or likely competitors such as Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, United or Liverpool.

That's what Bayern (before and under Guardiola) and Barcelona (before and under Guardiola) have done for ages and are still doing.

Sounds familiar. All I ever read on here about Slimani or Musa was how much they cost. Mahrez was supposedly one of the best 7 players in the world. They have a right to be pissed off with a part-time player who only looks good after the team has annhialated the opposition.

On 23/01/2019 at 13:57, katieakita said:

Mahrez having a bad  1st half for us was not so bad he would be given the chance to turn things around in the 2nd half and even if he didn't would still be nailed on to start the next game. At Man City have a poor 1st half and expect to be subbed if the world class replacement is also poor he can be replaced in the next game by someone as equally good. Man City have not got a best 11 it is more like best 22 so you have to keep at the top of your game. Think this was always going to be an issue going from being a gig fish in a little pool. As for money yes he is on an obscene amount but then again he was also on an obscene amount here. Never heard of him up at the clocktower selling the Big Issue to support himself. 

This was one of our problems. We accepted that he was too lazy to do anything for 89 minutes and just hoped that he'd score a free kick in the other minute. We gave him a free ride for 2 years - it's made him into the player that ManCity now have.

On 23/01/2019 at 15:53, murphy said:

A strange situation whereby both sets of supporters think that the other club has had their pants down over this transfer.

A happy, fully switched on Mahrez is worth more than £60m to us whereas Man City fans reckon we ripped them off.

But how often did that happen? We got the better of the deal. He lost it when he believed he was better than he is and so much "too good" for us.

On 23/01/2019 at 21:45, don_danbury said:

i don't think they have much choice but to field a strong side. no matter who they put out.

Unless they play their record signing.

On 23/01/2019 at 22:34, Md9 said:

This person not a fan of Mahrez

4BAB2D1B-65F0-4D62-A3B9-B27B567CAF37.png

That wasn't me.

On 23/01/2019 at 23:23, Hollyfox said:

I think Giroud would be decent alongside Vardy.

Clever player with great lay offs but not the best finisher.

Not saying we could afford him permanent but a loan till May might benefit both sides as he won't get much time at the bridge now.

Giroud would be a good signing for us - alongside anyone. We really need a forward who can hold a ball up, win headers and score from headers. He wouldn't come to us though, we're not a "big" enough team whatever some supporters believe.

On 25/01/2019 at 00:52, Grebfromgrebland said:

Seriously though who puts cereal in a bottle?

I can understand it once but they do it every week.

11 hours ago, That_Dude said:

They're on fire. In fact, I dread them more than Liverpool. To think that some thought we could challenge them for the 6th spot...

Why is everyone surprised? They are and have been one of the 3 biggest teams in the world for 50 years. I just hope they keep Ole in charge, the honeymoon period will eventually wear off as certain players become team fixtures and others don't . Manure's problem is their players attitudes ( a little like some of our legends over the last couple of years).