Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Claude Puel lays out his vision for Leicester City

Proof will be in the pudding next season and he'll need to bring in his own players to execute his possession based team. So therefore, I'd say we give him a chance next season. If he struggles in his first 10 games or something and it clearly isnt working (or showing signs that it might) then, as much as I hatw sacking manager, we get rid.

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Proof will be in the pudding next season and he'll need to bring in his own players to execute his possession based team. So therefore, I'd say we give him a chance next season. If he struggles in his first 10 games or something and it clearly isnt working (or showing signs that it might) then, as much as I hatw sacking manager, we get rid.

When at the races i like to look at the horses in tha parade ring before betting.  

I watch puel limping round the parade ring.... his decision making and subs in the game reflected his satisfaction with the "many chances...the level of performance...the intensity. ..the quality" of last night's dire match

I dont want to bet the far on puel.  I cant believe our owners find it acceptable

• Thanks 1

Let's remember that Puel isn't the one on the pitch putting these lacklustre performances in, it's the players. Puel is trying a variety of formations which understandably has caused some inconsistencies. At the end of the day, the majority of this squad is unable to understand the manager and that is not the manager's fault but the fact that some of the players are Championship/lower PL material.

Yesterday (and not just yesterday) highlighted the fact that we have a lack of players who take people on and are able to create something. Apart from Diabate, and sometimes Gray, I didn't see anyone having a go, trying to make something happen.

If Puel gets a full pre-season I hope he chops out the likes of Morgan, Simpson, Albrighton, probably Fuchs. The odd one could be kept as a reserve but definitely not starting material. I would love to see Dragovic made a permanent signing, how many clean sheets have we kept with him in the team? Bring in a RB, CB and bolster our attacking options a little bit (I wouldn't mind a Slimani back or someone else similar that gives a Plan B).

If we change manager again, we would need someone with a clear development plan that also integrates the youth players like Puel is trying to do.

We now have 4 more games to try things out, competitive pre-season friendlies as such for Puel to try stuff.

3 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

If we change manager again, we would need someone with a clear development plan that also integrates the youth players like Puel is tying to do

Yeah lets keep him and then say the performance on a saturday is dogsh1t but he has done a lovely job internally.

One doesnt cancel out the other... we need to have someone who can do all these things. .... but i the first team performance has to be the starting point 

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Nalis said:

What if we give him the first 10 games and the rot has set in? What if we start badly and don’t recover?

we could be relegated.

i don’t like him. Think the owners will get rid in the summer

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Yeah lets keep him and then say the performance on a saturday is dofsh1t but he has dobe a lovely job internally.

One doesnt cancel out the other... we need to have someobe who can di all these things. .... but i the first team perfromance has to be the starting point 

So who do you and others suggest we get in? Who will actually come here that will do a job?

42 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Let's remember that Puel isn't the one on the pitch putting these lacklustre performances in, it's the players. Puel is trying a variety of formations which understandably has caused some inconsistencies. At the end of the day, the majority of this squad is unable to understand the manager and that is not the manager's fault but the fact that some of the players are Championship/lower PL material.

Yesterday (and not just yesterday) highlighted the fact that we have a lack of players who take people on and are able to create something. Apart from Diabate, and sometimes Gray, I didn't see anyone having a go, trying to make something happen.

If Puel gets a full pre-season I hope he chops out the likes of Morgan, Simpson, Albrighton, probably Fuchs. The odd one could be kept as a reserve but definitely not starting material. I would love to see Dragovic made a permanent signing, how many clean sheets have we kept with him in the team? Bring in a RB, CB and bolster our attacking options a little bit (I wouldn't mind a Slimani back or someone else similar that gives a Plan B).

If we change manager again, we would need someone with a clear development plan that also integrates the youth players like Puel is trying to do.

We now have 4 more games to try things out, competitive pre-season friendlies as such for Puel to try stuff.

Another post absolving the manager of any responsibility for the team’s performances.

I find it baffling that you can write with this theme, when I’m sure you know that that argument doesn’t wash; even if you actually believe the players are to blame,

you must know he will ‘carry’s the can’. 

The remit of job is to get good displays to win matches from what is a talented squad.

Why was our title winning manager sacked; because the following season he couldn’t get the results that were required.

Sad as it was, most people agreed he had to go at the time, but you are telling me that this guy deserves better treatment / more leeway than Claudio while presiding over results no better than Shakespeare,in a style that is turgid and totally boring?

There is hardly any basis for handing Puel £150m to spend giving his results after the first 5 or 6 games ( new manager syndrome / bounce)

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

51 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The manager is partly to blame, and in times of crisis the first one to walk. That's the way it is and always will be. He doesn't do himself any favours by persisting with some of his darlings when they're putting in half-hearted performances on a regular basis (Mahrez) or come up with some of the most unexpected blunders (Morgan), others like Ndidi, Chilwell or Gray are just frustrating to watch.

You don't chop and change formations that regularly during an ongoing season, if you want to experiment do it in pre-season - unless you never really cared about the end of the season and challenging Burnley for 7th spot, and simply played for safety in the league (which we've achieved a week ago). And you allude to that yourself, calling it "competitive per-season friendlies". So, you see it too!

I understand he's had some troubles with regards to injuries and suspensions (Ndidi, Morgan (well...), Iborra, Amartey, James), but then loans out our two tallest strikers (!) in January and starts putting emphasis on Chilwell, Albrighton and Mahrez to put crosses into our box! Week in, week out, we've seen the team come out of the tunnel half-asleep, throwing first halves away, only giving it a go after falling behind. Seriously, at some point that needs to be addressed and is the manager's responsibility. Yesterday was the first time in months he's tried something slightly different, and although it was encouraging in parts (at the start), it soon turned into a "who doesn't want to score first" competition. 

He's been in England for two years and still needs a translator, and comes across as dull and disinterested during interviews. Not that it matters much, it just adds to the overall negative experience.

Edited by MC Prussian

Vision- see Talking heads

We're on the road to nowhere!

We have the strongest squad possibly ever

Where's the motivation

Where's a flexible and responsive plan -subs on with minutes to go offs!!

Wheres Slimani 

Not good to keep changing but?

Ps I worry about the quality off our recruitment Rudkin definitely the most competent

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

What they show is whether a run of results is sustainable, and at present they show that our form is worse that should expected from what is happening on the pitch, and so results should improve with how we're playing.

You do know you are talking total bollox yeh?

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Sorry, but Im sick of hearing this argument.

We have Riyad frickin Mahrez, Diabite, Demarai Gray, Adrien Silva (a creative CM), Albrighton's crossing, and very good forward options in Vardy and Kelechi.

We have the personnel, what we don't have is a manager that knows how to set them up to be effective.

21 minutes ago, Ian S said:

You do know you are talking total bollox yeh?

It's alright to admit you don't understand stats kid. Look at xG since the watford home game (since thats where the complaints seem to have been). xGA 10.22 (round to 10); actual goals against 15. 

XG 15.09 (round to 15), actual goals for 13 

What does that tell us? We're underperforming in defence, conceding 5 more than you'd expect for the quality of chances faced, and underperforming in attack, scoring 2 less than you'd expect for the quality of chances created. In other words our results are underperforming to what the performances warrant, and deviations from the statistical averages tend to correct themselves. 

On 19/04/2018 at 07:35, The Doctor said:

See the form tables Stan posted a couple of pages ago. See how on the last 5 games our form has been midtable? I'm not surprised you don't understand this, i seem to remember you insisting we'd get relegated after the draw with Stoke at the end of Feb, frankly you've got no sense of perspective at all.

You're probably right. But I know shite football when I see it and last night was no exception.

4 hours ago, The Doctor said:

What they show is whether a run of results is sustainable, and at present they show that our form is worse that should expected from what is happening on the pitch, and so results should improve with how we're playing.

I saw not one iota of improvement last night just more of the same boring negative football with his managerial stamp all over it. I don't give a fig for statistics especially the conjectural ones. The players are obviously not motivated by him or his style of play and the majority of fans are bored stiff with it all.

4 hours ago, Nalis said:

By which time we could be in a terminal relegation state of affairs. 10 games of crap football enough to get you the sack is a lot to catch up on for any new manager and could still get us relegated.

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

So who do you and others suggest we get in? Who will actually come here that will do a job?

Makes no difference who we suggest does it ? But we are supposedly a very rich club, so pay a top manager top money and give him the reported 150 million to bring in his own players. Its basic logic really.

4 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

By which time we could be in a terminal relegation state of affairs. 10 games of crap football enough to get you the sack is a lot to catch up on for any new manager and could still get us relegated.

And yet Puel caught up on it easily and has us in eighth. :whistle: (Ok, technically it was 9 games not 10 before he came in but...)

13 hours ago, Babylon said:

Yep, I feel like he sees the problem like most of us. I agree with his long term planning... but he really needs a couple of performances in the next four, without them I think he'll be gone. Long term vision is fine, but you need at least the odd glimpse of progression to win fans and the owners trust to get the time to implement that vision.

Me too. After Burnley I actually felt a bit of a "right, this season's done, lets let him build for next year, lets see what he can do".

For 20 minutes, I thought yes, I was right.

By full time, I feel like we can't win. I feel like it's a big risk keeping him and backing him, and a big risk sacking him and rolling the dice once again. There are only so many times you can do it before it becomes a real issue and we're dangerously close to that territory.

And I'd be lying if I said I had faith in us to get it right. Maybe it's my natural cynicism but there's no consistency to our appointments what so ever, which screams to me regular shots in the dark.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

What are managers motivated by? Stadium size, training facilities?, current players? It's money at the end of the day always has been.

The average to poor ones yes, but the ones that people want are those that can win trophies and they go to clubs that have a decent chance of winning prestigious trophies or in the Champions League to show off their achievements enabling them to move to a bigger club, the best we can realistically hope for is 6th and KO cups unless we get a 2nd miracle so the chance of getting someone like that are next to slim.

Even on the rare occasions we've had someone like that, MON, O'Farrell they've been enticed away.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

The average to poor ones yes, but the ones that people want are those that can win trophies and they go to clubs that have a decent chance of winning prestigious trophies or in the Champions League to show off their achievements enabling them to move to a bigger club, the best we can realistically hope for is 6th and KO cups unless we get a 2nd miracle so the chance of getting someone like that are next to slim.

Even on the rare occasions we've had someone like that, MON, O'Farrell they've been enticed away.

Remember this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27387616

Under the Thais anything is possible at least they are willing to make us compete, finishing in the Top 6 was there aim that has been achieved, obviously the sustainability to be in the Top 5 not yet, with a stadium expansion to 50,000 rumoured and a new training ground i feel we could compete at that level. I think the signs are positive, the question is what can you judge a manager on?, is it past honours philosophy?, when we appointed Ranieri for example, his win ratio was very good in the premier league so I expected him to bring us a Top 10 finish, we exceeded that by a great margin. Puel has his plus points, but I think we can do better personally whether we are able to bring in someone better remains to be seen.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

What are managers motivated by? Stadium size, training facilities?, current players? It's money at the end of the day always has been.

If your name is Andre Villas-Boas then yes, money is the biggest motivator.