Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 2018 - 19

Just now, Steve_Walsh5 said:

You’re a big club in that division, I expect you’ll be on BT sport quite often.

At least that way I can probably get links to see some matches.

I recall the days when my dad had to buy British newspapers over here to find out how Notts were doing. Was always a bit behind though lol

• Haha 1

On 05/05/2019 at 13:47, isaidno said:

National league play off final shouldn't be at Wembley.  Should be at a decent sized premier ground.  Would still be a good day out. 

Just watching it now and they only have one section of the ground open to fans and that’s the stand behind the dugouts.

10 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I wonder whether they'll sack the manager afterwards like they did the last pair after winning promotion.

Doubt it tbh. Graham Alexandar knows what he's doing, been there and done with Fleetwood and Scunthorpe.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Warrington Town leading King's Lynn 2-1 in the super final.

2-2. Extra time.

Also extra time in the other final between The Met Police and Tonbridge Angels, also finished 2-2.

Edited by Tuna

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Doubt it tbh. Graham Alexandar knows what he's doing, been there and done with Fleetwood and Scunthorpe.

I wasn't being entirely serious, but I wouldn't be surprised if they let him go next season if they were mid table. Think they'll be targeting another promotion.

Look, they've been extremely well-financed and that is part of the game now. We've benefitted ourselves from good backing.

But it is not a fairytale. If you can get players from the top division of another country you aren't a normal non-league club.

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I wasn't being entirely serious, but I wouldn't be surprised if they let him go next season if they were mid table. Think they'll be targeting another promotion.

Oh yeah I agree with that.

• Like 1

Sky Sports seem to have got a bit confused about the number of clubs promoted to the Football League.

Salford join National League champions Leyton Orient and runners-up Solihull Moors in Sky Bet League Two next season following their automatic promotions.

I wonder what odds Sky Bet will give on Solihull Moors to get relegated from League 2 next season?

14 minutes ago, Nalis said:

If Salford didnt go up this season it would have been next season or the year after that. 

I think they'll be fine in League Two, as well, sadly.

It's the step up to League One which is more difficult to adjust to, usually. 

When they can pay new players £4-5k it's not quite the fairytale that's made out sometimes, especially in the mainstream media. The only reason it gets so much attention is because it's the 'Class of 92' heading them. 

23 hours ago, Tuna said:

Chorley win on penalties. 

Pleased for them. Went to a Chorley fan's wedding last year so have kept an eye on them since then. They do well to get the support they do given how close they are to a number of league clubs and Manchester/Liverpool.

• Like 1