Sign in to follow this  
Tuna

Non League Football 2018 - 19

Salford City not messing around, appointing Graham Alexander and signing up Nathan Pond, Danny Whitehead and Chris Neal. Those are good signings for the National League.

I'd be very surprised if they weren't in the mix for the title this season.

Edited by Tuna

8 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Salford City not messing around, appointing Graham Alexander and signing up Nathan Pond, Danny Whitehead and Chris Neal. Those are good signings for the National League.

Given the money that's being thrown at them surely they'll have to be.

• Like 2

Hopefully Chesterfield come straight back up. I have faith Allen will deliver.

I didn't think Salford would do anything with those two managers who they've now got rid of but I rate Alexander and I think he's a great appointment at that level. With all the money they chuck around, you'd think Salford would be up there.

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Seen them down the Boro last season, got to say they looked really impressive and very organised think they'll do fine in the national league, but will that change with a new manager?

Edited by Leicesterpool

51 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Apparently financially Chesterfield are struggling big time 

Yeah spoke with a load of their fans who were on their way to Barnet the other week.

It's a big mess behind the scenes apparently.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Apparently financially Chesterfield are struggling big time 

Yeah they are. I work in Chesterfield and know a couple of fans who say they've been run really badly for years now. Unbelievable to think Cook guided them to League One play offs not so long back.

Sad to see them in non league.

6 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah they are. I work in Chesterfield and know a couple of fans who say they've been run really badly for years now. Unbelievable to think Cook guided them to League One play offs not so long back.

Sad to see them in non league.

Are the debts to do with that new stadium they build two or three years back.

Watching Bromley v Brackley in the Trophy final...Brackley have missed a hatful of sitters in the second half, Bromley 1-0 up from half time.

35 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Watching Bromley v Brackley in the Trophy final...Brackley have missed a hatful of sitters in the second half, Bromley 1-0 up from half time.

Finally scored via an own goal in the 95th minute!

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Finally scored via an own goal in the 95th minute!

Won on penalties well done to Brackley.

• Like 1

Marquee on the pitch at St James Park when everyone gets back. Will be a long night in Brackley. 

You couldn’t have written the script for that...Have to feel for Bromley...23 seconds from victory and an og sends you to extra time...No more goals so into pen shoot out...ahead in that from the off as Brackley miss their first ..4 perfect pennos but then miss your 5th and 6th...great entertainment from both teams..renewed my faith in football after that crap served up by overpaid prima donnas yesterday 

Be interesting to see how the 'Ville and Barwell get on next season having transferred to th nominally 'Southern/Central section !

8 minutes ago, Worthington said:

Be interesting to see how the 'Ville and Barwell get on next season having transferred to th nominally 'Southern/Central section !

Should be really competitive the Central division but they will get on well. Northern league is for me the toughest at that step. 

Delighted to see local (Grantham) lad Lee Shaw bag a 2 year contract at Chesterfield. He's a bit of a Vardy type, quick, plays on the shoulder, and has a great attitude. Was training with Lincoln City but apparently turned them down; Scunthorpe and Salford were linked with him last season, plus he was at Vardy's V9 academy recently. I think he'll get 15 - 20 goals next season.

Edited by Tuna

Salford sign Adam Rooney from Aberdeen, if he's still got it he'll be a super signing for them.

4 hours ago, Tuna said:

Salford sign Adam Rooney from Aberdeen, if he's still got it he'll be a super signing for them.

Supposedly paying him £4k a week.

4 hours ago, Tuna said:

Money talks. Shows how far Scottish football has fallen when an English non league team can poach one of Aberdeens key players.

2 hours ago, boots60 said:

Money talks. Shows how far Scottish football has fallen when an English non league team can poach one of Aberdeens key players.

You could say about players leaving the EPL to play in Qatar....Money talks.

Edited by purpleronnie

Love how the BBC etc paint the Salford story as a fairytale when they're backed by a millionaire from Singapore and a handful of the biggest dullards in football (apart from Gary Neville perhaps). Adam Rooney is a disgraceful signing at that level, it'll kill the league.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, boots60 said:

Similar levels.