Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 2018 - 19

Salford City not messing around, appointing Graham Alexander and signing up Nathan Pond, Danny Whitehead and Chris Neal. Those are good signings for the National League.

I'd be very surprised if they weren't in the mix for the title this season.

Edited by Tuna

8 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Salford City not messing around, appointing Graham Alexander and signing up Nathan Pond, Danny Whitehead and Chris Neal. Those are good signings for the National League.

Given the money that's being thrown at them surely they'll have to be.

• Like 2

Hopefully Chesterfield come straight back up. I have faith Allen will deliver.

I didn't think Salford would do anything with those two managers who they've now got rid of but I rate Alexander and I think he's a great appointment at that level. With all the money they chuck around, you'd think Salford would be up there.

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Seen them down the Boro last season, got to say they looked really impressive and very organised think they'll do fine in the national league, but will that change with a new manager?

Edited by Leicesterpool

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Apparently financially Chesterfield are struggling big time 

Yeah they are. I work in Chesterfield and know a couple of fans who say they've been run really badly for years now. Unbelievable to think Cook guided them to League One play offs not so long back.

Sad to see them in non league.

6 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah they are. I work in Chesterfield and know a couple of fans who say they've been run really badly for years now. Unbelievable to think Cook guided them to League One play offs not so long back.

Sad to see them in non league.

Are the debts to do with that new stadium they build two or three years back.

You couldn’t have written the script for that...Have to feel for Bromley...23 seconds from victory and an og sends you to extra time...No more goals so into pen shoot out...ahead in that from the off as Brackley miss their first ..4 perfect pennos but then miss your 5th and 6th...great entertainment from both teams..renewed my faith in football after that crap served up by overpaid prima donnas yesterday 

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Worthington said:

Be interesting to see how the 'Ville and Barwell get on next season having transferred to th nominally 'Southern/Central section !

Should be really competitive the Central division but they will get on well. Northern league is for me the toughest at that step. 

• 2 weeks later...

Delighted to see local (Grantham) lad Lee Shaw bag a 2 year contract at Chesterfield. He's a bit of a Vardy type, quick, plays on the shoulder, and has a great attitude. Was training with Lincoln City but apparently turned them down; Scunthorpe and Salford were linked with him last season, plus he was at Vardy's V9 academy recently. I think he'll get 15 - 20 goals next season.

Edited by Tuna

4 hours ago, Tuna said:

Salford sign Adam Rooney from Aberdeen, if he's still got it he'll be a super signing for them.

Money talks. Shows how far Scottish football has fallen when an English non league team can poach one of Aberdeens key players.

2 hours ago, boots60 said:

Money talks. Shows how far Scottish football has fallen when an English non league team can poach one of Aberdeens key players.

You could say about players leaving the EPL to play in Qatar....Money talks.

Edited by purpleronnie