Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 2018 - 19

Nuneaton Boro could face playing their last ever home game this Saturday against Bradford Park Avenue, club in serious financial difficult. No chairman or owner around, the guy who caused all this has done a runner, players not been paid, no electricity in dressing rooms, no hot water for players to showers can't afford to get boiler fixed, they can't cut the grass as the mower is broke. They can't make any money in the club shop as they've got no stock... just one problem after another.  Be a sad day for non league football if Boro go bust, one of the most well known names of non league.

Anyone looking for a game saturday with Leicester not playing, perhaps consider this. 

15 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Nuneaton Boro could face playing their last ever home game this Saturday against Bradford Park Avenue, club in serious financial difficult. No chairman or owner around, the guy who caused all this has done a runner, players not been paid, no electricity in dressing rooms, no hot water for players to showers can't afford to get boiler fixed, they can't cut the grass as the mower is broke. They can't make any money in the club shop as they've got no stock... just one problem after another.  Be a sad day for non league football if Boro go bust, one of the most well known names of non league.

Anyone looking for a game saturday with Leicester not playing, perhaps consider this. 

It’s about the second time Nuneaton have found themselves at this point (the Borough only just reappearing after having to reform as Nuneaton town). The club has been crisis after crisis. I find it very hard to have any sympathy, particular last year where it was known they were bringing in managers on a decent wage and then spent this summer offering big wages to players. Said players now not getting paid. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

6 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It’s about the second time Nuneaton have found themselves at this point (the Borough only just reappearing after having to reform as Nuneaton town). The club has been crisis after crisis. I find it very hard to have any sympathy, particular last year where it was known they were bringing in managers on a decent wage and then spent this summer offering big wages to players. Said players now not getting paid. 

To be honest it's no fault of the fans though, somebody came into the club with big ideas flash the clash bringing in fancy signing at the beginning, turning us full time despite only having gates at the time of 700. When all along the chairman running us didn't have cash at all, he gambled us on getting promoted first season we were relegated to the national league north. The annoy thing is the person who caused all this, just walked out! and left us in this mess. 

Its the same owner that was involved with Kettering some years ago and looked what happened to them. Some fans did see the signs.

Edited by Leicesterpool

Went to Anstey Nomards v Bourne Town today,Could not fault itapart from the result(i'm a Bourne fan!)Took the 2 kids and food and drink were cheap......going to have to get into this non league stuff,and the kids enjoyed themselves playing footy!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chesterfield not won in 19, Salford not lost in 20 you just knew what was going to happen when they met at the Proact. Outstanding result after months of humiliation.

Hope this will act as a springboard for Chesterfield, they were hurtling towards a 3rd successive relegation and regional football.

Nuneaton Boro got there first win under new manager Jim Ginnelly against ex Boro manager and former foxes player Tommy Wright whose currently managing Darlington. From what I've heard he's struggling up there, fans are calling for him to quit! quite hostile scenes after the 1-2 defeat they suffered yesterday. 

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

About time as well.

The football club seems to be a total shambles on and off the pitch. 

I think they need someone with experience at conference level now, I reckon they need someone like Gary Mills. Kevin Wilkin would be another good shout, managing in the conference before and never suffered relegation! Went to Wrexham where i didn't quite work out but I think at the time there was alot of problems all over place. Of course currently managing Brackley and doing a fantastic job there on a small budget and recently won the Fa Trophy with them, along with that managed Nuneaton Boro for eight years achieving so much in that time. How he's not managing in the national league now I don't know?

Edited by Leicesterpool

Chesterfield fight back from 3-0 down at half-time to get to 3-3 with an injury time equalizer, Ebbsfleet go straight down the other end and win a 97th minute penalty, goalie is sent off, defender (who scored the equalizer) goes in goal...and saves it!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Chesterfield fight back from 3-0 down at half-time to get to 3-3 with an injury time equalizer, Ebbsfleet go straight down the other end and win a 97th minute penalty, goalie is sent off, defender (who scored the equalizer) goes in goal...and saves it!

Did you see Dag & Red and Boreham Wood as well?!

Boreham Wood went 3-0 up within 20-25 mins. Then it was 3-3 by half-time. Dag & Red scored again to make it 4-3 late on then even after that, Boreham Wood got an equaliser lol 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

Did you see Dag & Red and Boreham Wood as well?!

Boreham Wood went 3-0 up within 20-25 mins. Then it was 3-3 by half-time. Dag & Red scored again to make it 4-3 late on then even after that, Boreham Wood got an equaliser lol 

It's like a game of FIFA lol