Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2018/19 U23s, Development, U19s etc

Everton are among several clubs in England and abroad readying a move to sign Leicester City youngster Sidnei Tavares, Football Insider understands.

Tavares has yet to sign his first professional contract with Leicester and the news has alerted a number of his suitors who are hoping to prise the teenager away from the King Power Stadium.

A source close to the player has told Football Insider that Everton, Portuguese giants Porto and Italian side Lazio are all monitoring Tavares’ situation at Leicester and are preparing moves for the talented midfielder.

Portuguese youth international Tavares is highly-regarded at Leicester having progressed through the club’s youth ranks.

The 17-year-old has caught the eye with several impressive performances for Leicester’s Under-18s side this season, helping them reach the quarter-finals of the FA Youth Cup.

Tavares has yet to break into the Leicester first-team and a number of interested clubs are ready to offer him a quicker pathway to first-team football.

Tavares, who can play in central and defensive midfield, is set to be watched by a number of clubs when he is away on international duty with Portugal’s Under-18s during a tournament in La Manga.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-everton-prepare-move-to-sign-leicester-player/

32 minutes ago, davieG said:

Everton are among several clubs in England and abroad readying a move to sign Leicester City youngster Sidnei Tavares, Football Insider understands.

Tavares has yet to sign his first professional contract with Leicester and the news has alerted a number of his suitors who are hoping to prise the teenager away from the King Power Stadium.

A source close to the player has told Football Insider that Everton, Portuguese giants Porto and Italian side Lazio are all monitoring Tavares’ situation at Leicester and are preparing moves for the talented midfielder.

Portuguese youth international Tavares is highly-regarded at Leicester having progressed through the club’s youth ranks.

The 17-year-old has caught the eye with several impressive performances for Leicester’s Under-18s side this season, helping them reach the quarter-finals of the FA Youth Cup.

Tavares has yet to break into the Leicester first-team and a number of interested clubs are ready to offer him a quicker pathway to first-team football.

Tavares, who can play in central and defensive midfield, is set to be watched by a number of clubs when he is away on international duty with Portugal’s Under-18s during a tournament in La Manga.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-everton-prepare-move-to-sign-leicester-player/

Mentioned a while back this lad is mustard, very technical and not at all a Beaglehole type player. Hope this is just agent talk to get a deal.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, davieG said:

Bohemians hopeful of Ali Reghba return after young star returned from Leicester City trial
The teenage star was back training with the Gypsies last night

ByPaul O'Hehir
10:03, 6 FEB 2019
e
Bohemians are back in the mix to land Ali Reghba ahead of the new season.

The teenage star was back training with the Gypsies last night.

The highly rated 19-year-old made his senior breakthrough with Bohs last year, scoring twice on his debut in a 3-1 win away to St Pat’s in September.

A move to Premier League outfit Leicester City - where he impressed on trial last month - had been on the cards over the close season.

But a transfer failed to materialise, although it is understood the Foxes have not parked their interest in the Irish youth international.

While considerable compensation would be due to both Bohs and Shelbourne, Leicester may yet revive their interest in the summer.

Shamrock Rovers and St Patrick’s Athletic remain interested in Reghba, should he decide to stay in the League of Ireland.

And First Division promotion contenders Drogheda United have also expressed interest in the player.

But there is now fresh hope around Dalymount that Reghba could return to the Gypsies - even on a short-term arrangement until the summer.

Reghba could expect to start more first-team games at his former club than at Rovers or St Pat’s - and that is likely to be a decisive factor.

The Gypsies bolstered their attacking ranks last week by signing former Manchester United and Everton youth Sam Byrne after his release from Dundalk following injuries.

Manager Keith Long also has Dinny Corcoran, Ryan Swan - who missed last season with a cruciate injury - and Cristian Magerusan as forward options.

Eoghan Stokes, who left Bohs at the end of last season, signed for Derry City yesterday after a trial with Portuguese top flight side Boavista.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/sport/bohemians-hopeful-ali-reghba-return-15787369

This really annoys me.

29 minutes ago, rachhere said:

This really annoys me.

Were they trying to get too much money and we're playing hardball? The refusal to pay compensation, or perhaps an excess, was the reason we didn't buy, at least directly, Hirst too.

The article smells like they're trying to get us to cough up more money:

Shamrock Rovers and St Patrick’s Athletic remain interested in Reghba, should he decide to stay in the League of Ireland.

And First Division promotion contenders Drogheda United have also expressed interest in the player.

Just now, Foxxed said:

Were they trying to get too much money and we're playing hardball? The refusal to pay compensation, or perhaps an excess, was the reason we didn't buy, at least directly, Hirst too.

Apparently so, yeah. 

I guess its a dangerous precedent to set in just making a deal happen regardless, and my impatience in such situations is why I normally lose at Monopoly..! However can we just get it over the line please...! There's such a buzz about this guy, and from what i have seen (bearing in mind his age) it's justified. 

34 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

@jamesmilner Alluded to them asking for quite an astronomical compensation fee given his stature in the game

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

@jamesmilner Alluded to them asking for quite an astronomical compensation fee given his stature in the game

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

Apparently so, yeah. 

I guess its a dangerous precedent to set in just making a deal happen regardless, and my impatience in such situations is why I normally lose at Monopoly..! However can we just get it over the line please...! There's such a buzz about this guy, and from what i have seen (bearing in mind his age) it's justified. 

It's apparent the club's strategy is to grow through the academy rather than buy fully developed players. Our transfer activity will increasingly be players like Hirst and Reghba. As you said Rach, if we set a precedent we'll only be hurting ourselves financially for years to come. I can see us giving Reghba a miss if their price is too high and developing Muskwe instead.

4 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

It's apparent the club's strategy is to grow through the academy rather than buy fully developed players. Our transfer activity will increasingly be players like Hirst and Reghba. As you said Rach, if we set a precedent we'll only be hurting ourselves financially for years to come. I can see us giving Reghba a miss if their price is too high and developing Muskwe instead.

To be fair the other clubs who showed an interest are probably not going to want to splash out as much either, so hopefully it's just a case of us being patient until the summer. I noticed he was still interacting with a few Leicester folk on instagram recently. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Reghba didn't sign in the window , its as simple as that  . I do not know why ? If i guessed it would be too higher compensation package , i know the amount was a concern and that's 100% fact . I believe that interest is not over but who knows ? We will see in the summer . He is a quality baller that with development and the right attitude would make waves ? 

1 hour ago, jamesmilner said:

Reghba didn't sign in the window , its as simple as that  . I do not know why ? If i guessed it would be too higher compensation package , i know the amount was a concern and that's 100% fact . I believe that interest is not over but who knows ? We will see in the summer . He is a quality baller that with development and the right attitude would make waves ? 

The window wasn't an issue as he is out of contract (or at least was, he might have signed a new short term one). But apparently because of his age his former teams would have been due compensation and that was the issue?

9 minutes ago, rachhere said:

The window wasn't an issue as he is out of contract (or at least was, he might have signed a new short term one). But apparently because of his age his former teams would have been due compensation and that was the issue?

Exactly.

For transfers of young players the 'recipient' club has to agree a fair level of compensation for the time spent developing the player, in an effort to stop the big clubs just poaching any young talent from smaller clubs and leaving them with nothing.

Usually its a reasonable agreement and all is done and dusted without much fuss. Sounds like in this case the compensation demands are too high (or we're being stingy), so if we still want the player we can take it to a tribunal hearing at which a fee will be set independently of the two clubs.

2 hours ago, Xen said:

Exactly.

For transfers of young players the 'recipient' club has to agree a fair level of compensation for the time spent developing the player, in an effort to stop the big clubs just poaching any young talent from smaller clubs and leaving them with nothing.

Usually its a reasonable agreement and all is done and dusted without much fuss. Sounds like in this case the compensation demands are too high (or we're being stingy), so if we still want the player we can take it to a tribunal hearing at which a fee will be set independently of the two clubs.

Let's face it, the three clubs mentioned are not going to turn his head from joining us. He'll be here in the summer.

3 hours ago, rachhere said:

I was told if it wasn't sorted in the transfer window it wouldn't be done this season . 

On ‎06‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 13:24, davieG said:

Wow....!!!!    His agent could not have 'ghosted' a better write-up if he was seeking to strengthen his hand in future contract negotiations or find his player a new club......or am in being overly-cynical?!?

Tavares is a very elegant and highly rated player but its always quite amusing when these articles appear from 'undisclosed sources' just when young players are in the process of negotiating new contracts. Tavares is a 1st year scholar so I suspect his agent will be looking to secure a pro-deal for his player NOW after his 17th Birthday rather than having to see out the 2nd year of his 2-year scholarship contract. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Wow....!!!!    His agent could not have 'ghosted' a better write-up if he was seeking to strengthen his hand in future contract negotiations or find his player a new club......or am in being overly-cynical?!?

Tavares is a very elegant and highly rated player but its always quite amusing when these articles appear from 'undisclosed sources' just when young players are in the process of negotiating new contracts. Tavares is a 1st year scholar so I suspect his agent will be looking to secure a pro-deal for his player NOW after his 17th Birthday rather than having to see out the 2nd year of his 2-year scholarship contract. 

I said as much earlier this week, was exactly the same with Terel Pennant the other year, although he was much you get and is still vulnerable to being nabbed. Choudhury was supposedly being scouted by Real and Barca, cue a pro deal immediately. Mind you, Hamza is the absolute bollocks now.

• Like 1

Hibs new boy Darnell Johnson faces the prospect of two-match ban after being cited by the SFA for his tackle on Celtic defender Emilio Izaguirre.

The incident happened with about 10 minutes left in Wednesday night 2-0 win for Celtic over Hibs at Parkhead.

Johnson's lunge left Izaguirre hurt on the deck and there was a lengthy delay as the Honduran was placed on a stretcher and then carried off to be replaced by Johnny Hayes.

Johnson was booked for the tackle but the SFA were able to cite him as they felt the referee didn't get a clear enough view.

Hibs have appealed the decision and that means Johnson remains available for Hibs' Scottish Cup tie against Raith Rovers this weekend.

0_2019-Ladbrokes-Premiership-Football-Ce

1 minute ago, davieG said:

Hibs new boy Darnell Johnson faces the prospect of two-match ban after being cited by the SFA for his tackle on Celtic defender Emilio Izaguirre.

The incident happened with about 10 minutes left in Wednesday night 2-0 win for Celtic over Hibs at Parkhead.

Johnson's lunge left Izaguirre hurt on the deck and there was a lengthy delay as the Honduran was placed on a stretcher and then carried off to be replaced by Johnny Hayes.

Johnson was booked for the tackle but the SFA were able to cite him as they felt the referee didn't get a clear enough view.

Hibs have appealed the decision and that means Johnson remains available for Hibs' Scottish Cup tie against Raith Rovers this weekend.

0_2019-Ladbrokes-Premiership-Football-Ce

PASSHUUNNN