Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2018/19 U23s, Development, U19s etc

What is happening with Conor Tee? He was our U18 academy player of the year last year, can now no longer play at U18's and after a pre-season of impressing our first team coaches he's then barely been picked by Beaglehole for the U23's. Bizarre methods.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

What is happening with Conor Tee? He was our U18 academy player of the year last year, can now no longer play at U18's and after a pre-season of impressing our first team coaches he's then barely been picked by Beaglehole for the U23's. Bizarre methods.

Too small for Beaglehole

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

Too small for Beaglehole

Hahaha I think there's some truth in this. He was quite glowing about him earlier in the season, claiming he could be a Paul Scholes type player but then has preceded to barely play him. He might now be injured but he's been on the bench so much and barely come on, preferring that horrific lummox Ryan Loft.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahaha I think there's some truth in this. He was quite glowing about him earlier in the season, claiming he could be a Paul Scholes type player but then has preceded to barely play him. He might now be injured but he's been on the bench so much and barely come on, preferring that horrific lummox Ryan Loft.

To be honest he has played and when he has he has looked like a buy against men. It's a gradual process.

He's competing for a place along side Dewbury-Hall and Wright who played as a CM last night.

He won't have too many technical players in the team not at the start anyway.

Loft just gets worse every time I see him even his headers make it look like he's got a 50p shaped head.

10 minutes ago, FIF said:

To be honest he has played and when he has he has looked like a buy against men. It's a gradual process.

But not playing any competitive football isn't the answer. He can't play for the U18's any longer. He is a very technical player and I've doubts how suited he is to the style we play for the U23's where brute force and physicality is the number one rule. Look how long it took Layton Ndukwu to force his way in to the U23 side, the lad is as gifted as they come but he was very nearly allowed to leave before a few wonder goals vs Liverpool and he was convinced to stay.

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

He's competing for a place along side Dewbury-Hall and Wright who played as a CM last night.

He won't have too many technical players in the team not at the start anyway.

Loft just gets worse every time I see him even his headers make it look like he's got a 50p shaped head.

I'm not so sure he is going to be a CM, he's a number 10 right now. As FIF said above, he's like a little boy at times so playing in a midfield 2 is not going to be overly beneficial to him. At U16s and U18s he was the withdrawn striker and was lethal.

Loft is surely a box ticking exercise, I can't for the life of me fathom out any other reason for him being here?

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

But not playing any competitive football isn't the answer. He can't play for the U18's any longer. He is a very technical player and I've doubts how suited he is to the style we play for the U23's where brute force and physicality is the number one rule. Look how long it took Layton Ndukwu to force his way in to the U23 side, the lad is as gifted as they come but he was very nearly allowed to leave before a few wonder goals vs Liverpool and he was convinced to stay.

I'm not so sure he is going to be a CM, he's a number 10 right now. As FIF said above, he's like a little boy at times so playing in a midfield 2 is not going to be overly beneficial to him. At U16s and U18s he was the withdrawn striker and was lethal.

Loft is surely a box ticking exercise, I can't for the life of me fathom out any other reason for him being here?

They were lined up as 433 last night, I'm note sure I've ever seen them play with a N10.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I feel he was brought in due to our injuries at the start of the season. With Ndukwu, Muskwe, Uche Rubio and Eppiah all injured I'm assuming her was a cheap desperate attempt to fill the striker role until they became fit

• Like 1

5 hours ago, davieG said:

They were lined up as 433 last night, I'm note sure I've ever seen them play with a N10.

....if I recall, didn't  Claude Puel instruct the under 23s to play in the same way as the first team!!!!!

At one stage, it appeared that we were moving in that direction, but now that has all gone out the window.

11 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....if I recall, didn't  Claude Puel instruct the under 23s to play in the same way as the first team!!!!!

At one stage, it appeared that we were moving in that direction, but now that has all gone out the window.

At the start of the season they were playing really impressive high intensity pressing and passing play (better than the first team). What changed was Choudhury moving into the first team. The midfield 3 of Choudhury dewsbury-hall and lamine sheriff can run all day and pass well. They would win the ball back high up the pitch and cause problems. Without Choudhury they've struggled more in the middle which is understandable given the quality that he possesses.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

When all life on our beautiful planet inevitably ends we can all be safe in the knowledge that Beaglehole and his side kick will still continue on at our academy, shouting orders at static mannequins.

Who knows, they may be the ones who pass on the knowledge of the great game to future civilisations...

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1