Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2018/19 U23s, Development, U19s etc

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

To be fair it was only 1-0 until we went down to 10 men

Agree but not sure why a good FB was put into CB when we have good CBs available and then a raw novice put into his position.

Some really poor goals to concede though.

What as the defensive formation?

Ramsey Pasc Ughelumba Thomas?

Isn't Luke Thomas that u18 wonder kid?

A pity to play Ughelumba out of position after performing so well.

Is Sam Hughes still injured then?

Edited by Foxxed

Blackburn were superb.

A full eleven would not have made any difference, we were torn apart by a well organised composed team which had a style of play and knew where everyone should be and everyone was where they should be.

I do not know how long it has taken to get them to play in this fashion as according to the commentator they have won 3 og their last four games and are second from bottom. If something has changed, new manager or coach team it might be good to keep an eye on their set up as they were awesome.

Reminded me of how we used to play (first team) .

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Blackburn were superb.

A full eleven would not have made any difference, we were torn apart by a well organised composed team which had a style of play and knew where everyone should be and everyone was where they should be.

I do not know how long it has taken to get them to play in this fashion as according to the commentator they have won 3 og their last four games and are second from bottom. If something has changed, new manager or coach team it might be good to keep an eye on their set up as they were awesome.

Reminded me of how we used to play (first team) .

Agree with this, obviously the sending off helped, but Blackburn would have still won that comfortably regardless. I only made it to 5-0, but they were absolutely dominant, felt very sorry for Johansson because he's been excellent this season but he was put to a firing squad today.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, FIF said:

Agree but not sure why a good FB was put into CB when we have good CBs available and then a raw novice put into his position.

Some really poor goals to concede though.

I was thinking this earlier, who are the other U23 centre halves available? Hughes it out, I'm sure there are more but cant remember?

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I was thinking this earlier, who are the other U23 centre halves available? Hughes it out, I'm sure there are more but cant remember?

We signed someone a couple of months back I'm sure, can't recall his name though because he's not featured at all. Probably injured already knowing our u23's. I don't get why we wouldn't give soyuncu some game time in the circumstances because until Hughes is back I think we're actually now short in that position 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, nwl fox said:

We signed someone a couple of months back I'm sure, can't recall his name though because he's not featured at all. Probably injured already knowing our u23's. I don't get why we wouldn't give soyuncu some game time in the circumstances because until Hughes is back I think we're actually now short in that position 

Hughes will be back 'very soon'

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We did have seven possibilies.

Obi

Hughes

Knight

Darnell

Pasc

Soyuncu

Benny

But we've sold Benny, loaned out Knight and Darnell, Hughe's is injured, Soyuncu doesn't do u23s now apparently and Pasc is already playing.

Which leaves us with only the untested Obi, unless Soyuncu wants to come back to the u23s. Doesn't Amartey need some match fitness too?

• Like 1