Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2018/19 U23s, Development, U19s etc

33 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

So do we think he is taking over from Beaglehole or it's he who has been binned?

Rama confirmed it was Beagle gone... assume this will be his replacement.... odd moving someone from what appears to be a more senior position though (might be wrong) although I guess a U23 manager gives more visibility for potential future management jobs in the football league 

55 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

So do we think he is taking over from Beaglehole or it's he who has been binned?

21 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Rama confirmed it was Beagle gone... assume this will be his replacement.... odd moving someone from what appears to be a more senior position though (might be wrong) although I guess a U23 manager gives more visibility for potential future management jobs in the football league 

Where did he confirm it?

Dimitri is head of technical coaching from the u8s to u23s according to his LinkedIn. That seems a far more important role than u23 coach. I know who I'd want head of technical coaching as opposed to u23 manager.

2 minutes ago, jamesmilner said:

Dmitri Halajko going to WHU .Only change i have heard ? 

I've never read so much tosh on here lately . No wonder Jackanory stopped !!

Lol. So everyone got excited Beaglehole left but in fact the highly rated coach we poached from Norwich has gone to WHU?

• Haha 1

Leicester create new Head of Technical Development role

LEICESTER CITY have split the traditional Head of Coaching role in two: Head of Coach Development and Head of Player Technical Development.

The Head of Coach Development is Paul Cheney and the club is now advertising for the new position of Head of Player Technical Development, which it says “has overall responsibility for the football development of players in the Academy from U9 to U18.”

“The role will ensure that players transitioning into the U23 and First Team have the required technical ability and tactical knowledge to make an impact and continue their football pathway,” the club adds.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jamesmilner said:

Dmitri Halajko going to WHU .Only change i have heard ? 

I've never read so much tosh on here lately . No wonder Jackanory stopped !!

What's the back story behind this then? Surely we are a better prospect with the new training ground coming than West Ham? Was he pushed?

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Leicester create new Head of Technical Development role

LEICESTER CITY have split the traditional Head of Coaching role in two: Head of Coach Development and Head of Player Technical Development.

The Head of Coach Development is Paul Cheney and the club is now advertising for the new position of Head of Player Technical Development, which it says “has overall responsibility for the football development of players in the Academy from U9 to U18.”

“The role will ensure that players transitioning into the U23 and First Team have the required technical ability and tactical knowledge to make an impact and continue their football pathway,” the club adds.

So Dimitri left and we gave his coaching the coaches job to someone else (and hopefully not the other way around) but we still need someone to lead technical player development.

(Maybe the perfect opportunity to get a new u23 coach when Beaglehole is promoted from within! :ph34r:)

On 25/05/2019 at 19:02, Ric Flair said:

What's the back story behind this then? Surely we are a better prospect with the new training ground coming than West Ham? Was he pushed?

Not pushed out as he is being made to serve his notice I believe, unless West ham want to pay off his contract for that period

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, shen said:

An update on Daniel Iversen (Google-translated, with minor adjustments, from a Danish article):

Daniel Iversen has been loaned from Leicester to Oldham this season,

and the young goalkeeper is hoping for another loan after the summer break.

21-year-old Daniel Iversen hopes that in the coming season he will be loaned out again from the Premier League club Leicester.

This season Iversen has been loaned to Oldham in League Two,

which resulted in 49 entire matches, and that success is to be repeated in the coming season, he says to bold.dk.

- I gained a lot of experience from many different matches, both in the FA Cup and in the league.

I'll take that back to Leicester, and so I hope to use it when I have to be loaned back this summer, says Daniel Iversen.

However, he does not yet know with 100 percent certainty whether Leicester has the same plans for him.

- It's my own plan, and I hope it's the club's plan. Now I'm in dialogue with them about what they think.

- We have a small dialogue going on, but it's not something that's decided yet.

Daniel Iversen does not think it will be a reunion with Oldham after the summer break.

- I think I'm done there.

I would like to try to take a step up if I can, says the goalkeeper who wants to be loaned out to an English club.

- That's what I'm banking on. That's what I'd prefer, but you can never rule out anything in football.

The goalkeeper will play the U21-Euros for Denmark in June, and he'd like that his future is settled before then.

It's not a catastrophe, if it does not happen.

- I do not stress much over it. If it doesn't happen before, then we have to do it after.

It's not something I have to go think about during the tournament.

I will just have to put it to one side and deal with it when I get back, says Daniel Iversen.

- Of course, I want it to fall into place now, but if that can't be done then I have to wait.

Daniel Iversen started at Esbjerg's youth department, before moving to Leicester in January 2016.

We've got loads of decent goalkeeper now. Kasper and Ward obviously. Johannson is great and has travelled with the first team. Our u18 goalkeeper Bosworth won young academy player of the season in over Luke Thomas and Taveras. Then Iversen and Bramley are on loan. I guess they could loan out Johannson and put Iversen in the u23s again but I'm not sure why we would.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

We've got loads of decent goalkeeper now. Kasper and Ward obviously. Johannson is great and has travelled with the first team. Our u18 goalkeeper Bosworth won young academy player of the season in over Luke Thomas and Taveras. Then Iversen and Bramley are on loan. I guess they could loan out Johannson and put Iversen in the u23s again but I'm not sure why we would.

I personally think Johannson > Iversen, so it will be interesting to see what happens there. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I personally think Johannson > Iversen, so it will be interesting to see what happens there. 

Yeah that's my impression but I've seen more of Johannson though. I'd loan them both out and play Bramley in the u23s assuming he can keep us in the PL2 first division while we play the youngsters.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Yeah that's my impression but I've seen more of Johannson though. I'd loan them both out and play Bramley in the u23s assuming he can keep us in the PL2 first division while we play the youngsters.

I think we can afford to lose Jakupovic and then keep Johansson or Iversen as 3rd choice/U23's. Bosworth to be promoted to U23's and I suspect Bramley will be released. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I think we can afford to lose Jakupovic and then keep Johansson or Iversen as 3rd choice/U23's. Bosworth to be promoted to U23's and I suspect Bramley will be released. 

That's a shame. I thought he was quite highly rated too not long ago?

On 25/05/2019 at 14:15, Foxxed said:

Lol. So everyone got excited Beaglehole left but in fact the highly rated coach we poached from Norwich has gone to WHU?

Exactly ! Fans on here make up so much TOSH , some actually believe what they post ! I know Beags/Petty quite well, they do their best , the academy is doing ok and like ALL academies have up and down years . 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jamesmilner said:

Exactly ! Fans on here make up so much TOSH , some actually believe what they post ! I know Beags/Petty quite well, they do their best , the academy is doing ok and like ALL academies have up and down years . 

We ought to be striving for better than ok. I wonder why this chap is leaving to go to West Ham but the likes of Beaglehole and Peake remain untouched for years. You know a fair bit about our academy, enlighten the rest.

5 hours ago, jamesmilner said:

if they are highly rated they would have been poached years ago no one wants them but they are protected here

27 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

if they are highly rated they would have been poached years ago no one wants them but they are protected here

Couldn't we say the same about anyone decent at the club? "They're shit because otherwise they'd have been poached by now?"

• Like 2