Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2018/19 U23s, Development, U19s etc

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Couldn't we say the same about anyone decent at the club? "They're shit because otherwise they'd have been poached by now?"

successful youth coaches are often poached by the bigger clubs, given how long these 2 have been here, way back to when we barely had a pot to piss in, if they were really top coaches someone would have poached them away from us a long time ago

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

successful youth coaches are often poached by the bigger clubs, given how long these 2 have been here, way back to when we barely had a pot to piss in, if they were really top coaches someone would have poached them away from us a long time ago

With that logic, if they weren't good, we'd have poached others and replaced them.

11 minutes ago, FIF said:

With that logic, if they weren't good, we'd have poached others and replaced them.

not when Rudkin is the one that would have been charged with doing that

On 29/05/2019 at 12:24, jamesmilner said:

Exactly ! Fans on here make up so much TOSH , some actually believe what they post ! I know Beags/Petty quite well, they do their best , the academy is doing ok and like ALL academies have up and down years . 

"doing ok" "do their best" we're in the top flight, just invested 100 million pounds into our training facilities. Relatively speaking, we're one of the biggest clubs in Europe now, certainly in the Top 50. Our academy ought to be a lot more serious than that. 

17 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

We've currently got academy graduates of around £150m value in the first team and improving all the time- you can't really argue with that. 

What you can argue with is the fact that Chilwell has hardly spent a minute under Beaglehole, and Barnes and Choudhury both spent a lot of time on loan.

3 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

What you can argue with is the fact that Chilwell has hardly spent a minute under Beaglehole, and Barnes and Choudhury both spent a lot of time on loan.

He can definitely argue with your assertion that Choudhury has spent a lot of time on loan. 26 starts for Burton 2016/17. That’s it!

24 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Chilwell played 20 matches for Beaglehole

Barnes played 20 matches for Beaglehole

Hamza played 45 matches for Beaglehole

Chilwell and Barnes were already England internationals when they came to the u23. They played their minutes before they were noticed by us. And loaned out quickly based on their performances and existing reputuation.

Hamza wasn't an England international. He took a little while to reach full steam in the u23s. And was eventually loaned out to Burton for a season in total, eventually winning a England cap late into his u23 days when Barnes pulled out.

Fine, dislike Beaglehole because of his physical style of play. But disliking him baesd on facts that can be easily disproven?

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 2

On 30/05/2019 at 11:57, Nicolo Barella said:

"doing ok" "do their best" we're in the top flight, just invested 100 million pounds into our training facilities. Relatively speaking, we're one of the biggest clubs in Europe now, certainly in the Top 50. Our academy ought to be a lot more serious than that. 

3 academy lads ( one rated £71 million in a transfer ) moving up to prem football  is  " ok " , you actually don't understand how much those 3 players have saved in transfers and wasted transfers . do a bit of research on other academies and their success compared to LCFC ? LCFC is Very much up there at the top. 0.012% is the success rate of academy players .Nigel Pearson once described you " deluded with grandeur " .

Edited by jamesmilner
  • Like 2

To be fair, if you want to say Beaglehole spent less time with Chilwell and Barnes than Hamza: fair enough. Chilwell and Barnes spent about two half seasons each in the u23s. They didn't spent any more because they were already ready for league football early on. About a year ago, you could say our academy successes were already successes by the time they reached Beaglehole. But Hamza (and perhaps Knight) destroys that argument.

Hamza only developed into a first team player while he was in the u23s. It's no surprise both Hamza and Knight are physical and defensive: the exact kind of player Beaglehole can develop. You can see Hamza is only now developing his game beyond that.

That, to me, is the main valid criticism of Beaglehole: he's good at developing physical and defensive players. I tend to think unless the (frankly more important) younger age coaches give Beaglehole more offensive and already league ready players, they won't really develop their attacking and passing game. I'm hoping the other technical coaches are still working with the u23s alongside Beaglehole.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

To be fair, if you want to say Beaglehole spent less time with Chilwell and Barnes than Hamza: fair enough. Chilwell and Barnes spent about two half seasons each in the u23s. They didn't spent any more because they were already ready for league football early on. About a year ago, you could say our academy successes were already successes by the time they reached Beaglehole. But Hamza (and perhaps Knight) destroys that argument.

Hamza only developed into a first team player while he was in the u23s. It's no surprise both Hamza and Knight are physical and defensive: the exact kind of player Beaglehole can develop. You can see Hamza is only now developing his game beyond that.

That, to me, is the main valid criticism of Beaglehole: he's good at developing physical and defensive players. I tend to think unless the (frankly more important) younger age coaches give Beaglehole more offensive and already league ready players, they won't really develop their attacking and passing game. I'm hoping the other technical coaches are still working with the u23s alongside Beaglehole.

That's pretty much where I'm at, Beaglehole clearly isn't a clown but his strengths lie in a style of football that is at complete odds with the first team. 

I'm interested as to why the director has left to go to West Ham, has he been pushed or weren't we happy with him? The fact we are now splitting that role in two might move us forward with the clear pathway from youth football to the first team.

• Like 4

I'm pretty sure there are many people influencing these young guys and inputting on and how they best progress.

54 minutes ago, Conscript Fox said:

How is Conor Tee doing  ?

Is he he looking like one who has a chance  ?

Saw an article which suggested he was likely or close to first team, which surprised me a bit  

Where did you read that? He's 18, quite small and is decent. He had a good Hong Kong 7s, scoring a few. Give him a season and hopefully he'll get a good loan. I'd be happy albeit surprised to see him in the first team.

1 hour ago, Conscript Fox said:

Saw an article which suggested he was likely or close to first team, which surprised me a bit  

Not anywhere near.

19 hours ago, Conscript Fox said:

not the first team but we have just released a few players from the u23s so it looks like the young lads such as tee and tavares will be involved a lot for the u23s going forward.

8 minutes ago, Jjridgewell said:

not the first team but we have just released a few players from the u23s so it looks like the young lads such as tee and tavares will be involved a lot for the u23s going forward.

Josh Eppiah is back for as well, fingers crossed he stays fit as he was destined for the first team prior to a spate of nasty injuries.

Who's been released?

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Josh Eppiah is back for as well, fingers crossed he stays fit as he was destined for the first team prior to a spate of nasty injuries.

Who's been released?

Sharif, kairo Edwards John, max bramley and that right back that joined us from Norwich, Louis ramsay. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I thought Sharif was supposed to be quite good. 

We're probably prioritising 17 year old Taveras who seems to be a DM, and about a year away from a decent loan. Sherrif was decent but not really knocking on the first team door at 20 whereas in three years Taveras will probably be there. Sherrif would be a good shout for a league one or two team tbh.

Edited by Foxxed

17 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I thought Sharif was supposed to be quite good. 

Gonna be honest here and say I always get Sharif and leshabela mixed up. I think Sharif is the better of the two in which case yes it is a bit of a surprise, but I may be wrong

23 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

We're probably prioritising 17 year old Taveras who seems to be a DM, and about a year away from a decent loan. Sherrif was decent but not really knocking on the first team door at 20 whereas in three years Taveras will probably be there. Sherrif would be a good shout for a league one or two team tbh.

Makes sense. Thought Sherif probably would get a loan and his future with us would depend on how that goes.