Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2018/19 U23s, Development, U19s etc

8 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Its a development league so it definitely should not be all about winning

Problem is, last season when we were rolling over younger and less physically developed sides, Beaglehole (and LCFC social media!) were obsessed about the importance of winning and challenging for the league to the point where several potential loan deals were scuppered in an attempt to try and win the league last season (Knight, Johnson, Iversen, Nduwkwu, Hughes, Chaudhoury, Thomas....).

Now the the shoes on the other foot and we're being beaten heavily by more experienced sides, the reverse viewpoint appears to have been conveniently adopted that its all about development and we shouldn't worry about the result...!

Therefore, I suspect your question might be better targetted at the likes of Beaglehole and Rudkin who don't seem overly concerned with player pathways and development when they are winning games and challenging for irrelevant silverware...only when they are getting soundly beaten! 

I personally think its a mixture of the two. No, winning isnt going to guarantee development but it is a habit that we want our youngsters to have. I think the players that have come through have been better off because they have already learnt the art of winning games, grinding out results and the importance of team play as opposed to individual performances. 

10 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Problem is, last season when we were rolling over younger and less physically developed sides, Beaglehole (and LCFC social media!) were obsessed about the importance of winning and challenging for the league to the point where several potential loan deals were scuppered in an attempt to try and win the league last season (Knight, Johnson, Iversen, Nduwkwu, Hughes, Chaudhoury, Thomas....).

Now the the shoes on the other foot and we're being beaten heavily by more experienced sides, the reverse viewpoint appears to have been conveniently adopted that its all about development and we shouldn't worry about the result...!

Therefore, I suspect your question might be better targetted at the likes of Beaglehole and Rudkin who don't seem overly concerned with player pathways and development when they are winning games and challenging for irrelevant silverware...only when they are getting soundly beaten! 

The more you post the worse I feel.:frusty:  Waiting for the end of the season with bated breath. 

As an aside I saw an excellent documentary about Antoine Griezmann on Netflix here in the States.

Especially enjoyed the beginning about his hardship in trying to find a club where he could play in his youth. The rest is propaganda/fanboy stuff.

27 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

The sad part is not all teams go with the mentality of development - they want to win ... aka Liverpool last week. 

I do get what you are saying and to an extent i agree with you, but you also have to consider young lads like to win, all be it Fortnite or CSGO they play to win and when they are winning they are flying high and tend to play better. 

For me i would personally like to see a good mix of developing playing but also getting them on a winning roll. 

1 hour ago, brucey said:

I hope they'll have spare gear to hand for the Singapore lot, their shinpads are going to be far too large... and the less said about that Notts entry the better.  "Mobsters" lol 

• Haha 1

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 07:11, mozartfox said:

I do hope Beagleshole is going to include a 'spinner' in the squad for the Singapore CC game.

Only if he's 6ft 5", built like a brick s***house  and can throw the ball a long way...!

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

We continue our impressive run of poor form tomorrow. I wonder if we're intentionally sacrificing our previous good form to blood in our two promising 18 year olds.

I really don't think they are the reason we are getting absolutely annihilated, it's more because we haven't got the likes of Knight, Johnson and a few first team players physically dominating the opposition.

• Like 1

There's definitely been a concerted effort to get Thomas, Tee and a few other U18 players in the U23's. Has Rodgers asked for this, it's a surprising shift from Beaglehole if not. Arlott-John and Russ can't be far off either, especially given how fewer options we have out wide and up top for the U23's.

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahahahahaaa being exposed massively, Beaglehole is done for surely.

But isn't he playing the kids that you've asked for all year?

Maybe he knew better that 18yo just can't compete with 23yo. Or maybe that ours are just not ready YET!

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

Beaglehole doesn't fit in with the style of play the club want to play at first team level and all the sides from U23 to U9 should be playing that same way

i don't actually think he's any good but he certainly gets shit whatever he does - we're winning because we're playing 22 year olds, it's development of the youngsters that's important. We're losing because we're playing the youngsters get rid of the coach.