Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Slimani - Wants to leave

8 hours ago, Albert said:

We bought him when we played a counter attacking system which was never going to suit his style as he wasn’t given the service into the box where he could attack the ball which is his main strength. Whenever he was given that service he scored goals.

We’ve now sold him when we’ve changed our system to one which allows us to get crosses into the box which he would of thrived off so seems crazy to let him go without having a similar style replacement. 

Yeah but Vardy hates him I hear. Apparently refused to sign a new contract without assurances he'd be gone. I know what you mean though. I'd prefer one big man up front.

9 hours ago, Albert said:

We bought him when we played a counter attacking system which was never going to suit his style as he wasn’t given the service into the box where he could attack the ball which is his main strength. Whenever he was given that service he scored goals.

We’ve now sold him when we’ve changed our system to one which allows us to get crosses into the box which he would of thrived off so seems crazy to let him go without having a similar style replacement. 

I'd thought exactly the same thing. If anything I thought he might be more involved this season. I get the feeling he's desperate to get out though. Shame as we're set up to get the best out of him now.

4 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I'd thought exactly the same thing. If anything I thought he might be more involved this season. I get the feeling he's desperate to get out though. Shame as we're set up to get the best out of him now.

Bollox to Slimani

Get him gone

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I think our plan B will be to bring Iborra on and stick him up front.

16 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Bollox to Slimani

Get him gone

Youre not allowed to complain that we keep crossing the ball with no-one tall enough to get a head on it lol

Not having a big bloke will be a problem multiple times this season. It was at the end of the last season.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Albert said:

That's a fair assessment and I'd agree with you if it weren't for the fact that Slimani apparently never settled at LCFC and had a particular attitude that didn't endear him to a lot of his teammates.

We can talk about his qualities all day long, if you can't integrate into a new set of team mates and think of yourself as the big billy bollocks, better get rid.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Youre not allowed to complain that we keep crossing the ball with no-one tall enough to get a head on it lol

Not having a big bloke will be a problem multiple times this season. It was at the end of the last season.

Iborra

Maguire

Soyuncu

Benkovic

8 hours ago, lgfualol said:

agreed, it's very difficult to be successful without a big bloke up top. They usually accommodate 2 defenders to start with.

Then there's nuisance value, scoring, knock downs, passing, as well ad defensive value.

It's just silly not to have one at least available. Maybe one of the new CBs can fill the roll if needed.