Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Slimani - Wants to leave

Vardy doesn't get along with him. Slim said Puel doesn't trust him him when he went to Newcastle. He could be a great player in the right team. But it's doubtful he'll get anywhere here. It's probably for the best if we get him out of the dressing room.

14 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

Only let him go if it is perminent transfer no loans, if he is still here at end of window send him to OHL.

You realise players have to actually agree to a move? No chance he is going to Belgium 2nd Division 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

You realise players have to actually agree to a move? No chance he is going to Belgium 2nd Division 

How many times have people on here said send (add player here) to OH Leuven?!

The standard of the Belgian second division is shite! As if Slim is going to go there?

Have a fookin day off people...!

:D

He’s halfway through his contract I believe, and players transfer fees are amortised over the life of the contract, so half of his value will already have been written off. If he leaves for half price then it won’t affect the profit this season.

Personally I can’t see that happening as his wages are probably far greater than anyone outside the PL are likely to be prepared to pay. More like a quarter I would say, and write off another 7m.

• Like 1

Just got home and looked on this thread... and he's still bloody here!

To quote the title: Slimani - Wants to leave, and don't we all FFS.

As others have said, get what we can back in a fee and get him off the payroll. He may not like it here but we're f***ing paying him well. If he's really unhappy he could easily do something about it.

i don't want to see his miserable face ever again.

Erm, well that's my rant over. I feel better now. I'll go and have my tea ?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The standard of the Belgian second division is shite! As if Slim is going to go there?

I think it’s called sarcasm,

or at least I hope it is

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Careful Col or we'll send you to Uncle Nige in Belgium!

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Whilst I completely agree, there’s a few scenarios that I could see this actually happening.

for example, the likes of James, king, even Morgan don’t make the 25 man squad and nobody wants them - a few months in Belgium playing under a manager they love instead of not playing at all seems a viable option.

Say to his Agent, whatever you can negotiate fee wise, deduct the balance of his LCFC contract wages and we share the rest (assuming there will be something:ph34r:)  80/20 in our favor.  Slim is wedged up and we get him off the payroll.  From whatever is left for LCFC, we use to part pay off what we still owe Sporting on the original deferred payments (suspect Millions still outstanding). I reckon we will still be massively out of pocket, but better than a loan deal.

This is what happens when you buy a Turkey.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-getting-closer-signing-leicester-city-player-hes-keen-move/

It seems that Islam Slimani is now getting closer to a return to his former club Sporting.

Even though it seemed like an impossible dream at first, the Lions’ attempt to sign the striker is now likelier to succeed due to the lack of offers for him.

According to TVI24 this Wednesday, Leicester City’s intention was to let Slimani go for good. But as no clubs want to match the demands of between €15m and €20m, a loan is now an option.

Sporting are reportedly offering €2m for the spell. By doing this, they match Fenerbahce’s bid to get the striker. Both clubs are willing to pay half of his salary.

TVI24 claims Sporting president Sousa Cintra has already talked to the player, even before speaking to his agent, and was told that he chooses Sporting in this case.

However, knowing that there are two clubs offering €2m for the loan, Leicester City would have now increased the demands to €2.5m.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Hey, at nearly 50 with a dodgy back and calf problems, I’d ‘bloody love it’ if I could play for Pearson and Leuven! And I wouldn’t demand 100k per week for the privelige!

Can you play on the wing? :ph34r:

20 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Hey, at nearly 50 with a dodgy back and calf problems, I’d ‘bloody love it’ if I could play for Pearson and Leuven! And I wouldn’t demand 100k per week for the privelige!

Would still be better than Cattermole though ;) 

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1