Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Slimani - Wants to leave

2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Glad he's not gone to Sporting. Sure we've got another couple million loan fee and hes off the books for a season and can see him scoring a fair few for them and him signing in the summer.

Will they be covering his full wages? Hope so! 

12 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

must go down as the worst signing in the clubs history, for what we paid for him and what we will end up getting back.

Not saying his the worst player, but the financial outlay and wages and the games played

Ahmed-Musa-1.jpg.622d7a1d0e2d140fc21c9d2f2dc4b7cc.jpg

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

Club probably hoping he has a good season in Turkey to increase his value. 

He’s going to be 30 something next summer so what value could he have ...

i doubt we will get both a decent loan fee and them also covering most of his wages ....

the turkish lira is even more of a basket case than the pound !!

EDIT: apparently 2.5m and all his wages so a pretty crap loan fee but good to get 4m in wages off the books for a year 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

so keep loaning him out until his contract runs out? The best of the rest of our strikers may as well keep him.

Doesn't seem like he wants to be here though which could be destructive. Plus if we can't sell him for a decent amount we can at least recoup some money in loan fees and gets his wages off the books.

16 minutes ago, psychonaut said:

May score a shit load of goals before xmas and get snapped up in January. Providing there is a clause for that in the loan contract.

That's what I was hoping would happen when he moved to Newcastle!!

Let's be honest, we're going to end up selling him for like £10m after 3 seasons here or on loan. I could accept a £6m/year loss in him considering how important he was for the CL run and in some PL games (fairly sure his goals alone got us like an extra 9 points or so).

Just not worked out for him here and he won't get a look in with Kelechi stepping it up.

I wonder if the Fenerbache link was an attempt to flush out a PL buyer?

Slimani linked with a Saudi club as well so unless that's hit a brick wall we don't want to be too hasty loaning him out when there could be potential buyers. 

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I wonder if the Fenerbache link was an attempt to flush out a PL buyer?

Slimani linked with a Saudi club as well so unless that's hit a brick wall we don't want to be too hasty loaning him out when there could be potential buyers. 

Agree unless the loan has an obligatory purchase clause, but unlikely I guess.