Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Slimani - Wants to leave

On 07/08/2018 at 11:28, LCCFox96 said:

They all count I guess lol

Okazaki's style of goals produced one of my favourite stats ever. I think he'd gotten eight goals for us at one point and of those eight only four of them had actually hit the net lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There are very few players who confuse me more than Slimani. He really isn't that bad, he just clearly has an attitude problem. There were times where I thought he was gonna kick on, but he never did. His signing puzzled me even at the time. Why did we need to spend that much money on a number 9 when we had Vardy and had also signed Musa at that point? That money would have been much better spent on other areas. For all his flaws, the guy scored the only goal in our first ever Champions League home game and that's something I'll never forget. 

• Like 1

Can we just get him out the club. How we paid £28m for a guy with a first touch as bad as his is absolutely unbelievable. Horrific in fact.

We needed to move about 6 players on this window but I'm guessing (bar Andy King) all our fringe players will go abroad anyway so tomorrow's deadline is irrelevant.

Edited by Frost

6 minutes ago, Frost said:

Can we just get him out the club. How we paid £28m for a guy with a first touch as bad as his is absolutely unbelievable. Horrific in fact.

We needed to move about 6 players on this window but I'm guessing (bar Andy King) all our fringe players will go abroad anyway so tomorrow's deadline is irrelevant.

Unfortunately, I've run out of reps. I agree with this line 100%

21 minutes ago, Gerard said:

And Rudders sets up the Duel in the Desert between two Saudi arch-rivals  :thumbup:

ArabDuel.JPG.66cc9556441bdf1722cdceabc7d0fc1c.JPG

Al-Nassr have already taken precious gold from the Leicester Treasure!  Are you going to let them get way with that, Al-Hilal?

Plunder the infidels !!  ... 

please ?!  lol

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

There are very few players who confuse me more than Slimani. He really isn't that bad, he just clearly has an attitude problem. There were times where I thought he was gonna kick on, but he never did. His signing puzzled me even at the time. Why did we need to spend that much money on a number 9 when we had Vardy and had also signed Musa at that point? That money would have been much better spent on other areas. For all his flaws, the guy scored the only goal in our first ever Champions League home game and that's something I'll never forget. 

Either we signed him because we thought he was good enough to fit in well (which he didn't in the end), or because we were looking at a scenario of losing other strikers and brought Slimani in as a replacement.

In any case, I have that feeling that our scouting department mainly looked at his stats in the Liga NOS and thought "he must be good", then suffering from a cold turkey upon his arrival.

Slimani can be brilliant at times, to me, he's just never really found into life at LCFC. Coupled with some attitude problems, I can't wait to see him moved from the wage bill.

• Like 1

Just now, Mehrez said:

Good news and decent move for him. 

Not sure if rumours of a bad attitude are true, but he's a decent striker who was just the wrong signing for us at the time. 

If he does well, we might still be able to get a decent sum for him next summer, although nothing close to what we paid.