Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Slimani - Wants to leave

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Has anyone pointed out what waste of money he was at all? Don't think that point has been mentioned, let alone done to death...

He cost a fecking fortune Hmmmm or was that Ulloa.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, vanity said:

Amazing how much our recruiting picked up once we added Macia/ditched Claudio. Macia came in after that disasterous Claudio summer of crap and appears tonhave done nothing but find us Prem-starter quality talent at good prices. I admit, idk how much Claude does, idk how much Shakey did, but if Macia is our head of recruitment, he deserves some kudos for the strong group of players we've landed since he arrived.

I would also add to that, I think if Ulloa, Slim, Musa and King all go on the back of that, then he has done a good job moving players out too. 

Seems to be much more calm and collected in response to signings than before.

5 hours ago, vanity said:

Amazing how much our recruiting picked up once we added Macia/ditched Claudio. Macia came in after that disasterous Claudio summer of crap and appears tonhave done nothing but find us Prem-starter quality talent at good prices. I admit, idk how much Claude does, idk how much Shakey did, but if Macia is our head of recruitment, he deserves some kudos for the strong group of players we've landed since he arrived.

Claudio always maintained he was just the coach and didn't pick the players. Just as he was responsible for the odd good signings, it was Walsh that was responsible for the bad too. His mythical status on with some on here meant that if it was a good signing it was Walsh, if it was bad it was Claudio or someone else. His bubble burst well and truly at Everton, yet still, some claimed all the bad signings were down to Koeman!  ??? I think Everton supporters beg to differ. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Claudio always maintained he was just the coach and didn't pick the players. Just as he was responsible for the odd good signings, it was Walsh that was responsible for the bad too. His mythical status on with some on here meant that if it was a good signing it was Walsh, if it was bad it was Claudio or someone else. His bubble burst well and truly at Everton, yet still, some claimed all the bad signings were down to Koeman!  ??? I think Everton supporters beg to differ. 

Thought I'd look on their main forum. You are correct, he was not held in great esteem at the end! :o

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/steve-walsh-no-longer-our-director-of-football.89863/page-469

15 hours ago, vanity said:

Well said mate. Totally agree. I'd rep this but I've run out!

He's done a very decent job.

Really? The only standouts we've signed so far are N'didi and Maguire, both of whom were scouted by Walsh and the team when he was here. So I'm not sure what credit Mascia gets for that, other than not standing in the way of scouting that had already been done. 

Considering what we paid for Silva, Iheanacho, Iborra they've done nothing to warrant the money and we haven't even seen any of the new guys play yet.

• Like 1

Got a lot of time for Slimani as a player, just unlucky for him that his preferred position is also that of the greatest bloke ever to wear the shirt’s.

Can’t say the money spent on the guy bothers me that much, scored some big goals for us, especially that one against Porto, so good luck to him. No hard feelings about his time here from me. 

So you throw the ‘disastrous Claudio’ under the bus but then go on to say idk how much Shakey did? How much Claude does? 

Sounds to me like you haven’t a fvcking clue and used the difference in recruitment to take a dig at CR for some bizarre reason. 

• Like 2