Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

League 1 & 2 Thread - 2018/2019

On 31/12/2018 at 18:07, Leicesterpool said:

Wow! that is amazing, that's probably more than Blackpool regular attendance each week. 

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

Is there animosity between those that boycott home games and those who go?

Yes unfortunately. Protesters give them shit as they go through the turnstiles. The Not a Penny More (NAPM) brigade call them scabs and blame them for Oyston clinging on as it half resembles a normal club. 

It's so sad. I've not been to a home game in 4 years. My final straw was when Oyston... *comment removed to be on the safe side*

Edited by Mark
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, seasider said:

Yes unfortunately. Protesters give them shit as they go through the turnstiles. The Not a Penny More (NAPM) brigade call them scabs and blame them for Oyston clinging on as it half resembles a normal club. 

It's so sad. I've not been to a home game in 4 years. My final straw was when Oyston... *comment removed to be on the safe side*

Back in February of last year I went to see Blackpool play Peterborough there couldn't have been anymore than 3,000 that day, the atmosphere felt so dead it was more like an youth or development match. It's so sad that club like Blackpool with all it's history being reduced to this. 

1 hour ago, seasider said:

Wasn't any need to remove my comment. It's in the public domain

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/10/blackpool-karl-owen-oyston-libel-back-henry-street

I understand though.

11 minutes ago, seasider said:

Wasn't any need to remove my comment. It's in the public domain

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/10/blackpool-karl-owen-oyston-libel-back-henry-street

I understand though.

I posted something that was replying to that deleted aspect of your post, stating what you put isn't right to be posted in the best interests of this forum - but that was understandably deleted as well.

14 hours ago, seasider said:

What a nightmare, hopefully they sell up at some point soon for the fans' sake.

• Like 1

Doesnt affect my Dad too much as he is a Leicester fan hence why I look on here now and then..... just in case you wondered why a Blackpool fan was lurking on here. 

PS. We are rebuilding our Back Henry Street forum from scratch and we've looked at various forums for influence. Have to say this is by far the best football forum in terms of look and feel. Well done.

Edited by seasider

John Sheridan quits Carlisle, Apparantly on his way back to Chesterfield.

Just outside the automatic promotion places in League 2 to Relegation zone in the Conference?

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Almost 38k at Sunderland today, very impressive for League 1. Do they not want to get promoted or something? Seem to have been 3rd for ages. 

Unless we learn to kill games off when we’re ahead and dominant, it’s play-offs for us lads and I wouldn’t fancy us to go up in that case. 

9 minutes ago, SAFC1 said:

Lee Probert the referee today for our game against Luton Town. Absolutely shambolic, can’t begin to explain how bad he was. Former premier league referee too lol Joke of a man. 

Don't think he's even former is he? He's done games for us this season.

3 hours ago, Langston said:

Don't think he's even former is he? He's done games for us this season.

that makes it even worse. Can’t believe how bad he really was. never had control of the game. Luton took the piss out of him when they went down to 10 men. Weak human being. 

Edited by SAFC1

21 hours ago, isaidno said:

Looking really grim for you guys now. 6 adrift with an inferior goal difference,  and Yeovil have 2 matches in hand. 

I'm trying to stay positive, but it's not easy lol

Still feel we have some capable players, but not working as a team. Having three managers certainly hasn't helped either.

5 hours ago, spacemunky said:

I'm trying to stay positive, but it's not easy lol

Still feel we have some capable players, but not working as a team. Having three managers certainly hasn't helped either.

Teams have come back from worse (Hartlepool, Newport in recent years) but it looks pretty grim.