Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

League 1 & 2 Thread - 2018/2019

36 minutes ago, surrifox said:

5 live reporters wryly referring to “Paul Scholes’ Oldham” as we shall presumably have to refer to them “ :P

Just like "Lampard's derby" then.

Great win for Notts County today.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Hate to see Luton heading towards promotion but credit to their players in a way for not letting Jones walking out affect them.

After all they've been through I'm pleased to see them doing well. It's a fairly strong league, especially considering the likes of Sunderland and Portsmouth, plus Barnsley are looking good on top of the manager leaving half way through the season.

Not that your lot will be wanting them to go up of course.

13 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I had a save once were Bolton ended up in the conference north.

Crazy thing is its not that implausible.

Conference North currently has Stockport, York City and Chester in it. Plus Bolton are in the financial shit at present.

Edit - Just checked and Darlington and Hereford are there in Conference North too, wow!

Edited by Nalis

4 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

I really think the best thing for Coventry is just to scrap the club as it exists now and start again. They'll come back up through the leagues soon enough (as Hereford and Darlington have been doing) and if they can start from zero again they can build up properly, focus on local lads and play at a smaller, more sustainable venue. 

Just now, Asha said:

I really think the best thing for Coventry is just to scrap the club as it exists now and start again. They'll come back up through the leagues soon enough (as Hereford and Darlington have been doing) and if they can start from zero again they can build up properly, focus on local lads and play at a smaller, more sustainable venue. 

To be fair a lot of their side / squad is made up of local lads, obviously through a touch of necessity but still. Probably the one flicker of light with that club over the past few years is the amount of academy graduates that have made the first team.

7 hours ago, isaidno said:

6 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Now I'm really hoping for a miracle.

That'd be really sad to see County in admin. 

I see the owners business is heading that way.

• Thanks 1