Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

League 1 & 2 Thread - 2018/2019

7 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Here's hoping!

I'm surprised you went for Kewell though, looks a trendy appointment on paper, did well with limited resources at Crawley, but I would have gone for an experienced firefighter like Danny Wilson or Keith Curle.

13 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I'm surprised you went for Kewell though, looks a trendy appointment on paper, did well with limited resources at Crawley, but I would have gone for an experienced firefighter like Danny Wilson or Keith Curle.

Apparently he showed a lot of enthusiasm from his seat(which he never sat in) up in the box today. For what that's worth ;)

I still think we have some capable players, so we'll see what he can do with them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Daniel Jones is quite possibly the worst footballer I've ever had the misfortune of seeing play.

Hopefully when Kewell gets down on the pitch things will improve. 

Can't say I'm too optimistic at this point though.

Is that Daniel Jones who used to play for us? 

35 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I remember him being young but with a great left foot on him from free kicks. Seemed more suited to LM than LB. Where's he playing now? 

LB. Likes to get forward but mostly to the detriment of the team lol  Lost his marbles today with a terrible tackle and got a red.

• Like 1

Fair play to Sunderland's home attendances so far, with over 32,000 watching the draw with Oxford (a game that had a slightly bigger crowd than LCFC v Liverpool..).

Edited by Wymeswold fox

7 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

So, why did Kewell get the Notts County job?..

Would be a shame if they did continue to struggle and eventually get relegated.

He's a sharp dresser? I seriously don't know. Still hoping he can make a difference.

Another 5 goals conceded today. Other than the opener, we've given up 3 or more in every league match.

On the plus side:

Boldewijn scored another beauty for us.

Fitz made some great saves in the second half. 

And umm...there's always next week!

19 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

So, why did Kewell get the Notts County job?..

Would be a shame if they did continue to struggle and eventually get relegated.

Shame? It'd be very sad to see Notts County in non-league. Just hope it never happens.

• Like 1

Another miserable defeat for Grimsby - 2-1 at home to fellow strugglers Morecambe having led at half-time. Embarrassing amateurish defending for both goals too (seen them on twitter).

Wonder whether they'll bring Alan Buckley back for his 50th spell as manager when Jolley is sacked.