Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

League 1 & 2 Thread - 2018/2019

I did my usual 'can't believe he's only been given two months' thing... then listened to his post match interview from Saturday, i'd have sacked him on the spot and made him find his own way home! You can't communicate with local tv/radio like that, the whole interview sounded like someone doing an impression of Harry Kewell being interviewed lol 

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

That is just nuts. Or is it an exaggeration for effect? 

Just a slight exaggeration lol

Really just a comedy show at this point. No manager is going to be able to come in and make a team out of this bunch.

Appleton is rumored as a possible replacement. I like him too much to wish it on him.

15 hours ago, AjcW said:

I did my usual 'can't believe he's only been given two months' thing... then listened to his post match interview from Saturday, i'd have sacked him on the spot and made him find his own way home! You can't communicate with local tv/radio like that, the whole interview sounded like someone doing an impression of Harry Kewell being interviewed lol 

Yeah the interview was a bit weird. Not sure if it's the 2-minute rambling to some questions or the sarcastic tone to a lot of it, but I'd have sacked him too after that interview

Edited by Asha

8 minutes ago, Asha said:

Yeah the interview was a bit weird. Not sure if it's the 2-minute rambling to some questions or the sarcastic tone to a lot of it, but I'd have sacked him too after that interview

Only listened to the first 3 minutes and sounded a very interesting and informative interview for me 

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with that Kewell interview. Responded with a touch of a sarcasm to the interviewer asking silly or repetitive questions, but otherwise was level headed, fair, respectful of the fans feelings, whilst being bullish about the pressure on him. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Asha said:

Good interview I thought, sounded passionate tried explaining to the interviewer that it will take time.

Nothing wrong with that at all I thought.

Meh, each to their own. I’m a bit closer to it all here in Nottingham and knowing some supporters. A lot of “same excuse every week” “arsey with press” etc etc 

Just watching that in full there’s a lot of cliche for me, and of course now a big part of being a manager is being able to handle the press, I just personally thought he was rude to someone who clearly loves the club and just wanted to hear him be a bit more honest.

Also seems to be backed up by a lot of Crawley fans... a team who are doing perfectly well without him as well. 

There wasn’t a lot wrong with that interview. King Nige is the king of sarcasm in interviews. Nothing like that from Kewell. Serves Notts right for thinking they’d won the league before season began. 

8 hours ago, AjcW said:

Meh, each to their own. I’m a bit closer to it all here in Nottingham and knowing some supporters. A lot of “same excuse every week” “arsey with press” etc etc 

Just watching that in full there’s a lot of cliche for me, and of course now a big part of being a manager is being able to handle the press, I just personally thought he was rude to someone who clearly loves the club and just wanted to hear him be a bit more honest.

Also seems to be backed up by a lot of Crawley fans... a team who are doing perfectly well without him as well. 

If its a long term project and youve got the same squad, you're working with your hands tied behind your back. If someone isn't clever enough to grasp that and somehow expects miracles, I'm not sure what the bloke being asked these mundane repeated questions can do.

Sol Campbell appointed manager of Macclesfield.

Cannot lose really as they are pretty much doomed so he can just blamed the previous management and squad for the likely relegation or be a hero and keep them up like Paul Ince did.

Might claim he had to go and get a lower league job due to his colour and not being given a chance higher up...he might have had a point 10 years ago or so but whilst racism will never totally go away sadly I do think with the way football has become very multi cultural such issues as not being selection due to colour doesn't happen now - at the professional level anyway.

Edited by Super_horns