Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 19

8 hours ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Anyone else really struggling with getting an Argentinian to score and to win in rivals?

im guessing it is different if you have someone like Messi but I have Argentinians around the 80 mark and they suddenly can not shoot for toffee and if they do then all my players play like they have sandblocks instead of boots and the ball weighs too much for them.

Take the Argentinian out and suddenly I can win again!!

What gives!! 

Get a loan Dybala from the ea store and just face roll your controller. 

Failing that, Icardi and Gomez are handy. All Serie A options but you could just sub them on if you've got some other team. 

I did it without noticing tbh. 

@Ashley @AKCJ

I've never bothered trying to make profit off POTM before but given it looks very possible that Reus will be the first ever bundesliga ea POTM, I've got a bunch of very cheap Shinji Kagawas. Cheap enough that I should make a small profit even if its not Reus. 

When do you sell them? I know people say sell on hype but in this case do you wait until the SBC comes out? 

3 hours ago, brookfox said:

Got an IF King, nice looking card but not a big enough upgrade to turn down 40k. Got to that annoying stage of a Prem team where any decent upgrade is 100k+. Might be time for a change!

I had the same problem with a Prem team, went to Brazilian for a week then sold again over the weekend. Put together a Serie A team this morning for just under 500k. 

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

@Ashley @AKCJ

I've never bothered trying to make profit off POTM before but given it looks very possible that Reus will be the first ever bundesliga ea POTM, I've got a bunch of very cheap Shinji Kagawas. Cheap enough that I should make a small profit even if its not Reus. 

When do you sell them? I know people say sell on hype but in this case do you wait until the SBC comes out? 

I haven't done anything with the Bundesliga POTM purely because I don't know when it'll be released and the winner is either Reus (high value) or Duda (literally nobody would be that bothered).

It's high risk IMO.

If you've got players like Kagawa at a good price then you won't lose out though. If they're not needed for the SBC then it's still an 83 rated card that will gain value at some point.

43 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Depends who you have I guess? I haven't used him this year, but he was great in '18. I use Vardy and Zaha as his backup, so I'd sell.

:wave:

Well he will deffo fit within my squad as I have a Brazilian and PL side, it’s just the fact he’s going for 50k which is making me think twice about keeping him. He will deffo be an improvement to the squad though.

25 minutes ago, brookfox said:

I’ve got about 40 of them waiting on my transfer list that I got for 200. Very much prepared to be disappointed!

If they're 1500 coins a go i'd be cashing out on Wednesday night.

50k profit right there. Could be better, could be worse but that's free money right there.

2 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Melbourne players currently going for 1200 coins atm so even if you cashed in now you’ve made bucks.

Whats people’s predictions for MM tomorrow? Who have you lot gone for?

MM are on Thursdays now.

• Thanks 1

I was struggling to win games online, trying loads of formations and tactics. Setting my fullbacks and CDM to stay back because whatever I tried teams just seemed to always get through. Because of this I struggled to score as hardly anybody was attacking so decided to do the opposite. Constant pressure, full backs going forward and especially defending whilst using R1 seems to have really helped. My CDM still stays back but as I’m not being as defensive the opposition seem to have less time on the ball to pass through my team. 

2 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

I was struggling to win games online, trying loads of formations and tactics. Setting my fullbacks and CDM to stay back because whatever I tried teams just seemed to always get through. Because of this I struggled to score as hardly anybody was attacking so decided to do the opposite. Constant pressure, full backs going forward and especially defending whilst using R1 seems to have really helped. My CDM still stays back but as I’m not being as defensive the opposition seem to have less time on the ball to pass through my team. 

I have mine always set to attack, even when I'm ahead. Every time I've switched to "defensive" I get scored on lol

I usually set my fullbacks to stay back because I noticed that if I didn’t set it they would run up the wing anyway, whether there set to attacking or not. Plus they are both are absolutely bolloxed by the 70th minute which is a right pain.

I’ll give it a try with setting them to attack because atm I don’t use wingers.

Edited by buzzer_b

7 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

I have mine always set to attack, even when I'm ahead. Every time I've switched to "defensive" I get scored on lol

It just invites pressure and it’s so hard to attack with your players deep. If I’m winning with 20 minutes to go I do stop my full backs from going forward

5 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

I usually set my fullbacks to stay back because I noticed that if I didn’t set it they would run up the wing anyway, whether there set to attacking or not. Plus they are both are absolutely bolloxed by the 70th minute which is a right pain.

I’ll give it a try with setting them to attack because atm I don’t use wingers.

I got the attacking full backs a little bit wrong. I leave them on the balanced setting which is what you probably had it on when they were running up the wing. Setting them to attack may leave you very exposed. 

The only thing more frustrating than those stupid annoying games where their goal keeper is on fire and you let in the only two or three shots they have... 

... Is when you absolutely murder someone and your finishing is legit shit. lol

Can't even blame the game. Just had an absolute classic with some guy who couldn't defend for shit, took 25 shots and only 11 missed the target. Even managed to miss a penalty. He stole it 4-3 thanks to a couple of stupid defensive errors, one of those ridiculous corner bicycle kicks and an insane long shot. All from his four journeys in to my half. 

I'm not even mad just laughing at myself. **** sakes. 

Incidentally, on the penalty note, I've taken four so far and every single one has been saved. Ugh.