Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 19

1 hour ago, dbtcity said:

Love the fact they’ve changed the fut chaps monthly rewards to weekly, literally no need to smash out all the games now which for me is quality...

started off the WL still struggling with the game sitting on 4/4, jumped back on last night as I awaited the McGregor fight and I feel like something has finally clicked! I’ve found a formation/Tactic that’s working for me(41212 narrow) and I’m actually finishing the majority of my chances whilst playing some really nice stuff...

ended up calling it a day on 14/6 due to being absolutely whacked after staying up for a fight I thought kicked off at 3 when in reality it didn’t start till 5:30 ?

Mate I did the exact same thing last night! Stayed up til 3 in the morn to find out it didn’t start then lol

Went sleep as I was knackered, set my alarm for about 5am and missed the first two rounds. Wish I never bothered now because I had to get up early this morning to look after my daughter.

Very happy with my team ATM:

Son - Vardy - Salah

Scholes(89)

Herrera(CL) - Henderson(CL)

Chilly - Harry(IF) - Stones - Ricardo

Pope

Subs: Ndidi, Mkhitaryan, Richarlison(OTW), some fillers.

9 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

Am I right in saying to qualify for the Weekend League you need to get 2000 points from Rivals? Or is there any other way to qualify because Rivals is a right grind.

The first time you enter Weekend League it is purely from playing rivals matches (which is a disgusting grind if you're not in the top 3 divisions), but after your first weekend league I think if you get gold 3 or above then you get auto qualification for another weekend league.

• Like 1

I've got 5 packs to open later, really hoping for at least 1 player I can sell to help build a team, my luck this year is worse than ever. I've not been able to do hardly any of the SBC's got a few CL players that's about it and even most of those are just shite lol 

1 hour ago, General Smuts said:

Similarly just opened a mega pack for 35k - Kroos, Szczeny, Acosta IF. Happy days.

Cheers lol

just read this and though I’d open a mega pack 

Dont feel too sorry for me though I’ve made nearly a million coins and only spent 12.99 on packs as soon as it come out, yet to pack anyone good though

8F083B26-577D-4A2C-99E7-7989C09F2FDF.jpeg

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Haha 1

On 04/10/2018 at 18:39, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

I know I may sound like a broken record here but I think if I keep asking then maybe someone who knows the answer will see it.

Every time I break through their defenders catches me, there is then an illogical tussle where I can't move anywhere, then I end up on the floor and he runs off with it.

a) how do they do this so I can do it back?

b) how do I counter it?

They strangely enough win the physical battle also when they are the attacker and I am the defender.

Any help gratefully received.

I'm not that great at FIFA, but I've had a little more success staying ahead of defenders by holding the sprint button (R2/RT) and flicking the R stick in the direction I'm running to take a heavier touch. My anecdotal evidence is that flicking the R stick twice will push the ball even further ahead, useful for when you're in lots of space.

For defending, I guess just sprinting to catch up and then L2/LT to slow down the attacker?

I'm enjoying this version more than any I can remember recently. Biggest gripes are constant pressure doesn't seem to adversely affect players significantly even late on, it can be a bit too chaotic with tackles making it hard for controlled possession and still too many longshots go in

Dribbling could probably do with being tweaked slightly to make it more intuitive 

57 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I'm enjoying this version more than any I can remember recently.

Same for me. This version seems to suit my style of play. Maybe that's why people who were good at 18 don't like it as much? lol

Took my team online today and had a few decent matches. Salah hat-trick got me my first Rivals win. 

Hoping this time around I can actually make the WL.

Edit: Put in div 6 to start.

Edited by spacemunky

6 hours ago, Jordan said:

I'm not that great at FIFA, but I've had a little more success staying ahead of defenders by holding the sprint button (R2/RT) and flicking the R stick in the direction I'm running to take a heavier touch. My anecdotal evidence is that flicking the R stick twice will push the ball even further ahead, useful for when you're in lots of space.

For defending, I guess just sprinting to catch up and then L2/LT to slow down the attacker?

Jordan, are you on XBOX or PS4? 

We missed you in DC, brother. 

9 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Cheers lol

just read this and though I’d open a mega pack 

Dont feel too sorry for me though I’ve made nearly a million coins and only spent 12.99 on packs as soon as it come out, yet to pack anyone good though

8F083B26-577D-4A2C-99E7-7989C09F2FDF.jpeg

Any tips? Apart from the ransom technique... 

14999412-43CA-44C0-930E-F2FFB76C6DB0.gif

11 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Any tips? Apart from the ransom technique... 

14999412-43CA-44C0-930E-F2FFB76C6DB0.gif

Use the web app when you can and sell through the night 

the key is obviously getting lower prices at the time then earning even more by selling higher through the night.

weekends keep eye out on scores for hatrick etc where players will be out of packs and prices will rise.

new sbcs, look in futbin at the top options in the list 

often sellers are not aware of how sought after these players are and they are sold cheaply

rinse and repeat, the more money you have to play with the more profit to make.

was slow to start with but now can make quite a bit overnight.

I’m just glad to don’t have to line ea pockets as as when I get packs they are shit ?

416B0FB7-DC98-446E-9037-FBF5E36BBD61.jpeg.ccd27744d835cca0da7cdc6c2fd5fe38.jpeg

Edited by HankMarvin

Picked this up today. Enjoying the new tactics, finally got a tactic / formation that suits my style of play. 

Love the fact you get weekly rewards from online and offline now. 

Currently 7-2-4. My team after 13 games. 

Kepo

Coleman

Stones

Smalling

Van Aanholt

Ndidi

Keita

Seri

Lanzini

Lacazette

Arnautovic

15 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Jordan, are you on XBOX or PS4? 

We missed you in DC, brother. 

Ahh, I would have loved to join you guys, but at least my absence just meant more quality time for you and Filbert Fox! lol 

I'm on PS4, btw

• Like 1