Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 19

10 hours ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

Just did a two player upgrade pack. Just wish there was a decent left back in the premier league now.

A1F82328-9AFF-49B0-87A8-99D42D020E6C.jpeg

Mendy looks decent. Every sweaty PL side I’ve come up against has him at LB.

Edited by buzzer_b
  • Like 1

Comfortably the shittest I've ever been at the start of a fifa. Not sure what it is exactly about the gameplay I find so different but I'm just wank. 

It sorted me straight in to div 5 and I'm just getting spanked. 

Every tackle I make bounces straight back to their striker and every defender I face is like a laser guided tackle machine. Can barely get a kick. 

I'm killing it in Rivals div 6. I almost feel bad sometimes for thumping guys ;)

I'm sure I'll be back down to reality when I move up a division lol

89 Scholes is brilliant for me. The ginger general of my midfield. 

I have Joe "bargain" Bryan at LB. With shadow, he's solid.

Nice this year with rivals and squad battles it look like it'll be an easy 50k a week.

PS_Messages_20181013_094718.jpg

Edited by spacemunky

These FUT Swap Deal cards are only worth it if the corresponding players aren't going to see an update via IF soon.

Out of the bunch available right now, I'd only go for Lallana or Januzaj - Shaarawy and especially Alcacer will have a blinder of a season.

Fred's the best player I've gotten this year, got him in one of the advanced SBC packs earlier, worth a whopping 32k haha.

Rabiot and Di Maria probably my favourite cards, CL Zielinski and Keita Balde are not bad either.

Am I imagining it or have they just made pressing / interceptions ridiculously over the top this year? Passing / possession football seems to be utterly pointless, possession changes hands every two minutes. 

I know FUT is fast, arcade football but this year it feels stupidly over the top. Its like I'm playing nba. 

32 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Am I imagining it or have they just made pressing / interceptions ridiculously over the top this year? Passing / possession football seems to be utterly pointless, possession changes hands every two minutes. 

I know FUT is fast, arcade football but this year it feels stupidly over the top. Its like I'm playing nba. 

Most people set their defensive style to constant pressure, I don't really have a problem with it other than it not really adversely affecting teams midway through the second half. I've found that if I change my striker's or wingers' instructions to get in behind that I usually score because naturally the opposition is higher up the pitch. Early driven/chipped through balls quite often catch them out too

16 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Well I could say it’s a mixture of a few things Finners but I’m sure it just shows I’m shit at the game and need practice lol 

Haha. Narh I know what it's like. The gameplay is immensely inconsistent and shooting seems to have been tweaked again this year. 

I've never been a long shots person but I find it easier to score from 20 yards than 6.

• Like 1

Inspired by the prospect of spending 14k on Clucas to complete the Stoke SBC, I spent an hour today snapping up silver wingers from the poorer Italian, German, French and Dutch sides.

No idea if they’ll prove a sound investment but thought I’d share!

On 13/10/2018 at 16:35, MC Prussian said:

These FUT Swap Deal cards are only worth it if the corresponding players aren't going to see an update via IF soon.

Out of the bunch available right now, I'd only go for Lallana or Januzaj - Shaarawy and especially Alcacer will have a blinder of a season.

Before I actually bother trying to get 12 (I actually would like El Shar) is it actually possible for me to get 12 before it ends? 

I've currently got the two from the weekly challenges. There's another one in the squad battles. Am I right in thinking there's three potential a week for four weeks and you have to play all of October to get 12?

43 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Before I actually bother trying to get 12 (I actually would like El Shar) is it actually possible for me to get 12 before it ends? 

I've currently got the two from the weekly challenges. There's another one in the squad battles. Am I right in thinking there's three potential a week for four weeks and you have to play all of October to get 12?

I suppose so. Have three myself so far, so could trade them in for Januzaj already.

You could've gotten six already:

https://www.futhead.com/fut-swap-deals/

I'll see how far I can get.

Anyone else really struggling with getting an Argentinian to score and to win in rivals?

im guessing it is different if you have someone like Messi but I have Argentinians around the 80 mark and they suddenly can not shoot for toffee and if they do then all my players play like they have sandblocks instead of boots and the ball weighs too much for them.

Take the Argentinian out and suddenly I can win again!!

What gives!! 

Okay, I thought I was about to take that back as the moment I posted it the next game I absolutely dominated and was 3-0 up at half time. I’m guessing the Fifa gods didn’t like that. Second half starts and my players start passing in opposite directions to where I am aiming and I mean actual opposite on a compass.

My players lose all ability to control the ball, the defence does a vanishing act and I lose 5-3.

Screw this crap. You know full well the two player reward pack would just have another damn Lopez in!