Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 19

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Well, it's great to hear that. But with EA, you know there's usually a big difference between theory and reality. lol

Hoping for the best. Lag has been such a frustrating component of gameplay as of late, usually either hitting right when you need it the most (when you're about to score) or need it the least (when the opposition is approaching your own box).

After packing prime Carlos and totw Mbappe I've tried numerous icons and none of them feel better than IF Mertens, Icardi or even Allan! So I've got shit loads of coins and over Xmas I'm gonna spam online draft with coins and save the packs for TOTY, should be fun.

I never know the cost-benefit analysis of doing some of these player SBCs.

For example, why swap a whole 84-rated squad (plus a few hoops to jump through) for an 85-rated Balotelli? (Of course in purely FUT terms, obviously Balotelli is a popular character so there’s a novelty factor)

I’ve gotten some decent players from SBC packs (just got Sokratis from the newest FUTMAS challenge), but I have to learn more about how to do some of these more advanced challenges in a way that gets value for my coins.

Like Ash has been saying for years, tbf, a player's overall rating isn't everything. 

I had Josef's first IF up front last year nearly all year, he was like 82 or whatever but he had shooting, dribbling and pace better than Mertens. 

This new Swiss futmas CB has 88 sprint speed, 80+ strength, tackling stats, ridiculously high agility for a big CB, great passing stats, he's insane. Put a Guardian on him and he's one of the best CBs in the Bundesliga, forget the 81/82 rating. 

But yeah Balo is shit regardless. 

Edited by Finnegan

5 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Please tell me you’re fibbing?

I did actually buy the guy, but his Halloween card. Has insane stats! 

I sold Messi because I saw his price was well up from what I paid for him. He will be back in my team again, but hopefully the IF that he should get this week.

• Like 1

Genuinely can't believe how awful futmas is this year. In the genuine spirit of good will last year it was terrific. Not only cards people wanted but some really fun cards for cheap.

Junuzovic was a personal favourite, he was ****ing immense, really great little 99 agility and balance box to box midfielder for like sod all. 

This year the cards are crap, who on earth wants that rigoni, and they're ludicrously expensive. 

I know that they've pumped in a lot of extra cash, packs and cards this year with everyone getting mad rewards from rivals and WL but there was a naive part of me that thought they'd just improved a little on their business model. 

That maybe they were making so much cash hand over fist that they genuinely thought they could keep players interested all year longer and try to turn off coin sellers by actually just making people genuinely richer. 

But they obviously regret it and people are obviously buying less packs because now they're shitting it to try and throw as many coin sinks in as possible. The TOTGS SBCs, the icon SBCs, they're all a horrendous rip off. Nobody's doing them. 

Surely it's crossed their mind that it less people are buying packs it's because the gameplay had been absolutely dog this year with all the horrid AI super defending and mental timed shooting that nobody asked for. 

You'd think there's so much controversy and bad will surrounding the game on social media at the moment that they'd use futmas to try and claw some image back in the run up to crimbo but I guess not. 

Screwed the pooch. What an awful company. 

• Like 1

Futmas this year's horrible. Not-so-great improvements on regular cards, but way too costly. That 88 Iniesta had a whopping 55 stamina, just like his base card. An 82 Akanji with 84-rated players as a requirement. Now Saracchi, the same deal. Rigoni, who the **** wants that Rigoni? Or that 84 Wass, when he has a cheap CL card out with a rating one below? Or why Seydou fckving Doumbia, like every fvcking year?

Son costs you about 300k in coins. That for an untradeable.

How about more defenders, for instance? Or defensive midfielders? Goalkeepers, where are the goalkeepers? What about some diversity and choice?

How about more players from different leagues, not just solely a focus on the PL and the Bundesliga (for most part)?

Oh, and I do share the sentiment about finesse shots from outside the box - way too overpowered, even after several updates. People can just pass it about, and shoot and it's in. And AI defending and AI shooting when playing in Squad Battles, passing it around like robots, hardly any mistake. And long-distance shots almost always go in for them.

I just wish for more people to boycott EA and their Ultimate Team model.

Sadly will never happen.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

So you need to play and win with a full MLS team to get Martinez?

Yeah you can sub 3 players of your choice on at the start. I only did it if the opposing player did though.

A CB, CM and a CAM/GK I found were the best options cos the strikers are alright in Ibra and Giovinco/Martinez