Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 19

15 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Dudes, please forgive me from interrupting your thread :sweating:

I've bought my 9 year old boy a PS4 with FIFA 19 for Xmas. He's played the FIFA 16 demo on our PS3 and loves it so I figured he'd be delighted with this in the morning :fc:

The whole thing is too complicated for me to understand and I'm sure he'll 'get it' but where do we start tomorrow?

Should he go straight into 'career mode' or whatever it's called on the beginner level? (he's currently playing as Real Madrid on semi-pro level but it's just friendlies on the demo) 

I also bought him a headset and I know you can play on-line and stuff but I just want to get him up and running tomorrow and then leave him alone on it all day :D The game also came with some special codes and he's also got a £20 PlayStation store voucher so guess he can buy add on's with that?

Any advice on where to start would be appreciated. Thanks

Whatever you do, do not leave a credit/debit card on the account else you’re son will have Credit Card FC team in no time, and you will probably be skint lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Why would it be a good thing to make a mode that was already tough (when I say "easy" I mean you sort of knew what was coming at you) even harder?

You can take on teams with lower chemistry (below 60) and still don't know whether you'll be playing against Barcelona or Notts County 2018/2019.

There are people much better at the game than you, right? I mean I assume you accept that? Again, I really don't mean this to be a personal insult there's people much better than me too that's fine. We're in our thirties and it's just a computer game ffs. 

I'm just saying, do you think you, as a very average fifa player, should be capable of winning on the highest difficulty level? I mean, it's not like there aren't plenty of difficulties, there should be one out there for everyone, including me and you, including kids way worse but also including people that are very, very good so the game can still be a challenge. 

Would you not agree with that? You seem to be upset that "they made it harder when it was already hard" but that's FOR YOU. Not everyone. 

I don't really get why this is confusing. 

I like Pillars of Eternity, it's a pcrpg. One of my favourite games. It's got several difficulty levels, including one called Path of the Damned which is absolutely rock solid and there are people out there that solo it. They do it with one character. I play the Hard difficulty, a couple levels lower, with a party of five and I still find some of it challenging. 

But that's fine because they wanted to make a game for me and also a game for those nutters with a death wish who like it to be impossibly hard. 

Why not also make fifa fun for both you and people much better than you who want a challenge? 

Edited by Finnegan

54 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I've bought my 9 year old boy a PS4 with FIFA 19 for Xmas. He's played the FIFA 16 demo on our PS3 and loves it so I figured he'd be delighted with this in the morning :fc:

The whole thing is too complicated for me to understand and I'm sure he'll 'get it' but where do we start tomorrow?

Should he go straight into 'career mode' or whatever it's called on the beginner level? (he's currently playing as Real Madrid on semi-pro level but it's just friendlies on the demo) 

I also bought him a headset and I know you can play on-line and stuff but I just want to get him up and running tomorrow and then leave him alone on it all day :D The game also came with some special codes and he's also got a £20 PlayStation store voucher so guess he can buy add on's with that?

Just keep him away from Ultimate Team. You don't need to spend money on the game, like some morons out there! :ph34r:

He might enjoy the Journey mode. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Journey and career mode definitely the best places to start, mainly to get to grips with gameplay. As others have said, probably best to try and keep him away from Ultimate Team for now, as it is essentially a 'pay to win' game mode and he might start pestering for money for packs and stuff. Also, if he hasn't played on a higher level than semi-pro he's likely to get thrashed on Ultimate Team to start with, although maybe I'm underestimating his ability :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

There are people much better at the game than you, right? I mean I assume you accept that? Again, I really don't mean this to be a personal insult there's people much better than me too that's fine. We're in our thirties and it's just a computer game ffs. 

I'm just saying, do you think you, as a very average fifa player, should be capable of winning on the highest difficulty level? I mean, it's not like there aren't plenty of difficulties, there should be one out there for everyone, including me and you, including kids way worse but also including people that are very, very good so the game can still be a challenge. 

Would you not agree with that? You seem to be upset that "they made it harder when it was already hard" but that's FOR YOU. Not everyone. 

I don't really get why this is confusing. 

I like Pillars of Eternity, it's a pcrpg. One of my favourite games. It's got several difficulty levels, including one called Path of the Damned which is absolutely rock solid and there are people out there that solo it. They do it with one character. I play the Hard difficulty, a couple levels lower, with a party of five and I still find some of it challenging. 

But that's fine because they wanted to make a game for me and also a game for those nutters with a death wish who like it to be impossibly hard. 

Why not also make fifa fun for both you and people much better than you who want a challenge? 

Nobody's debating that there are people who play FIFA for a living, as well as the other pros that exist.

I'm not claiming to be overly good or overly terrible, and being called "very average" is probably a bit harsh :whistle: when you're stuck somewhere in between these two extremes - this past weekend showed what fine margins there are, when you lose so many games by a single goal.

I've also won matches against arguably better/more talented players - there's lots of factors coming into play. Daily form, focus/concentration, lag, luck.

Squad Battles has become harder in general, not just for me.

The complaint isn't about the mode being tougher now, it's how EA implemented these changes. Secretly. No information. Just like what you'd expect from the company.

Also, what the **** have EA done to the Quick Subs system?

Suggesting to swap a RM for a CDM or a ST for a CAM when I have perfectly fitting subs in each position sitting on my bench is laughable.

Another thing that they have fondled with recently, with nonsensical outcome.

The only good thing so far that I've seen, based on this past weekend's Weekend League, is that Finesse Shots have been nerfed.

The amount of times opponents could just pass it around for a bit and then shoot from outside the box for a 100% goalscoring accuracy was really taking a lot of the fun out of the game. Totally overpowered.

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

At that age mate I’d say stick to career mode/the journey. Ultimate team is all well and good but it’s horribly addictive and rage inducing lol Set him up a career mode with city and he’ll be loving it. 

Any questions about the game or even the PlayStation itself feel free to ask/DM me.

Merry Christmas :) 

Edited by Devonfox1884
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

Whatever you do, do not leave a credit/debit card on the account else you’re son will have Credit Card FC team in no time, and you will probably be skint lol

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

Just keep him away from Ultimate Team. You don't need to spend money on the game, like some morons out there! :ph34r:

He might enjoy the Journey mode. 

1 hour ago, Osavo said:

Journey and career mode definitely the best places to start, mainly to get to grips with gameplay. As others have said, probably best to try and keep him away from Ultimate Team for now, as it is essentially a 'pay to win' game mode and he might start pestering for money for packs and stuff. Also, if he hasn't played on a higher level than semi-pro he's likely to get thrashed on Ultimate Team to start with, although maybe I'm underestimating his ability :thumbup:

58 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

At that age mate I’d say stick to career mode/the journey. Ultimate team is all well and good but it’s horribly addictive and rage inducing lol Set him up a career mode with city and he’ll be loving it. 

Any questions about the game or even the PlayStation itself feel free to ask/DM me.

Merry Christmas :) 

Many thanks for your help fellas - much appreciated. Most helpful for an old tosser like me :D

Apologies for temporarily derailing your thread - as you were.

Merry Xmas :thumbup:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Will1981 said:

How many FUTMAS players have you all completed:

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/?showoffId=dihSHIcEnPl2o:FFA19PS4

I have done 16 and will probably complete Cazorla during the week.

I only did Gomez, I thought they were massively over priced for minimal upgrades. Gomez has been awesome for me tho

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Will1981 said:

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/?showoffId=dihSHIcEnPl2o:FFA19PS4

I sell everything soon as I get it so kinda hard for me to do these lol

I did do Wass though and he's good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Will1981 said:

I only did Torreira as it was cheap. Wish they’d done a few more players similar rated to him without the ridiculous requirements. Would like KDB but it’s to expensive for what it is, il stick to his normal card. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

Rivals is unplayable for me now. Literally every team is ridiculous. Coming up against Legend/God squads time and time again and I’m only in Division 5. Struggling to even stay in it now.

You can join me down in 6 buzz! I like it there as I find I mostly have good matches. I'm sure a few people in it though curse when they see my A team(LaLiga). I switch it up though and use my PL squad, which is a bit more low budget.

• Like 1

Wow this game is great incredible! My sons not sure why his name is Hunter and he’s a young girl in LA though lol

He enjoyed Leicester beating Cov in 1969 with the old ball and muddy pitch.

No idea what we’re doing yet but it’s all good fun :D

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Wow this game is great incredible! My sons not sure why his name is Hunter and he’s a young girl in LA though lol

Glad he liked it Izzy. Always nice when they like what you get them

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Will1981 said:

Did torreira and Zaha as they were decently priced. Pretty dissapointed with the futmas players overall. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Glad he liked it Izzy. Always nice when they like what you get them

Thanks mate. He’s just started pre season as Manager of Leicester :D

I know I’m out of touch with all this stuff but I’m blown away by the graphics and how the players look so life like. It’s incredible really..

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Thanks mate. He’s just started pre season as Manager of Leicester :D

I know I’m out of touch with all this stuff but I’m blown away by the graphics and how the players look so life like. It’s incredible really..

Yeah it's asthetically brilliant and the right game modes can be really enjoyable. As others have said just keep him away from Ultimate team for now

27 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah it's asthetically brilliant and the right game modes can be really enjoyable. As others have said just keep him away from Ultimate team for now

Will do, cheers :thumbup:

I’m like a kid at Christmas mate, it’s fookin brilliant this! lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

Will do, cheers :thumbup:

I’m like a kid at Christmas mate, it’s fookin brilliant this! lol

The problem is is that The Journey is connected to Ultimate Team due to the special cards you can earn in the mode. Clever marketing by EA.

Be wary, @Izzy!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Izzy said:

He will be smashing £50 controllers against you’re walls in no time once he tastes Ultimate Team :thumbup: