Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 19

I’m away for Christmas so just been limited to webapp. Not missing playing... who am I kidding? I’m really missing FIFA rage and controller smashing! 

Did a couple of the SBCs, underwhelming to say the least. I did Gomez, Bailey, Bruma, and debating Matuidi but he’s not much better than what I have in my Calcio team 

Unbelievable.

Made it to 9-6 at some stage, then 9-10, then 10-10. :nono:

Went on to lose my next seven (!) matches in succession, only to secure automatic qualification three games before the end.

I'm really done losing by one goal only.

Just... Glad... It's... over.

34 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Ended 17-8. Always happy with gold 2.

on a sadder note, bought TOTGS Aurier for 200k 2 days ago only to see he now sells for 120k lol

The good news for you is that he's not TOTGS, he's RTTF which means he's dynamic and will go up if Spurs progress. 

The bad news is that they only fluked their way through a group with Inter and PSV and they've now for to play Dortmund. Dortmund are on fire. 

Edited by Finnegan

39 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The good news for you is that he's not TOTGS, he's RTTF which means he's dynamic and will go up if Spurs progress. 

The bad news is that they only fluked their way through a group with Inter and PSV and they've now for to play Dortmund. Dortmund are on fire. 

To be fair to them, Spurs are on a hell of a roll too.

16 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

I'm done with this Shit. Doesn't matter what I do or what changes i make, my players are like sloths. Losing every single game now which is just ****ing nonsense.

I got into a rut of losing a load of games but just changing the way you play can really turn it around for you.

In previous FIFAS I'd just run and gun but this time I'm learning to control, hold and shield the ball more. Got a long ways to go but trying this last night I turned from being smashed every game by a minimum of 4 goals to 1 win and 2 draws.

If you're really stuck try looking at some of the guides on YouTube, some really knowledgeable people on there. I'll link one in later as I'm at work but he's an ex FIFA world champion and he's brilliant to watch.

22 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Squad Battles has become unplayable for me.

EA really doing the regular gamer a huge favour with the increase in difficulty. Thank you. :appl:

Umm, this is going to make me sound like a huge dick but if you struggle to 11 wins in WL should you really be smashing SB anyway? 

I mean, there's several theoretical difficulty levels you could go up in WL, you're essentially like mid table in that, surely there should be several difficulty levels for you to go up in SB too? Otherwise it's just boringly easy for people better than you? 

I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm also very average. 

25 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Umm, this is going to make me sound like a huge dick but if you struggle to 11 wins in WL should you really be smashing SB anyway? 

I mean, there's several theoretical difficulty levels you could go up in WL, you're essentially like mid table in that, surely there should be several difficulty levels for you to go up in SB too? Otherwise it's just boringly easy for people better than you? 

I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm also very average. 

I'm not sure how often or for how long you've played Squad Battles yourself.

From my experience, games on Legendary used to be easy - or let's say easier - in the past, because you knew the opposition would be coming at you, leaving gaps open in the back for you to exploit.

Now, it's become much harder to break down teams on Legendary, they stand much more compact and don't really allow a lot of chances. And when they go forward and get near your box, you know they'll score from the most outrageous of angles and with their first shot on goal.

My theory is is that EA tweaked the mode and made it more difficult in general in order to lower the probability of people getting better rewards - even on Professional, the AI now passes around with precision and speed like crazy, totally unnatural.

I'm sure you've heard similar from other people in this thread.

There's an element of unpredictability in the mode, for sure. EA explicitly state that games may be more difficult than under regular circumstances (let's say, you playing the AI in a normal offline season or Single Player Draft match, for instance).

Just as much of the element of chance in Weekend League - if you're "average", that means you can go anywhere from 8 to 17 wins a weekend, depending on the circumstances. The probability of you getting to 14 each week isn't that high.

Edited by MC Prussian

But you just sort of backed up my point. 

You finish silver in WL yet you were finding Legendary easy in sb? So surely its a good thing they made it harder? 

I mean obviously not for you personally, sorry. But for the game as a whole. 

Edited by Finnegan

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

But you just sort of backed up my point. 

You finish silver in WL yet you were finding Legendary easy in sb? So surely its a good thing they made it harder? 

I mean obviously not for you personally, sorry. But for the game as a whole. 

Why would it be a good thing to make a mode that was already tough (when I say "easy" I mean you sort of knew what was coming at you) even harder?

You can take on teams with lower chemistry (below 60) and still don't know whether you'll be playing against Barcelona or Notts County 2018/2019.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

You can take on teams with lower chemistry (below 60) and still don't know whether you'll be playing against Barcelona or Notts County 2018/2019.

Hey, no need to kick us when we're down! lol

AI in EA games has always been a bit dodgy. I remember playing HUT(that's hockey for those who don't know) and I put together this mega team a few years back. To my dismay to found it way harder to beat the AI then with my bang average team. All of a sudden thr AI is bit faster and stronger, etc etc and youre not. Why do we get punished for this? It still happens in NHL and in Fifa. 

Dudes, please forgive me from interrupting your thread :sweating:

I've bought my 9 year old boy a PS4 with FIFA 19 for Xmas. He's played the FIFA 16 demo on our PS3 and loves it so I figured he'd be delighted with this in the morning :fc:

The whole thing is too complicated for me to understand and I'm sure he'll 'get it' but where do we start tomorrow?

Should he go straight into 'career mode' or whatever it's called on the beginner level? (he's currently playing as Real Madrid on semi-pro level but it's just friendlies on the demo) 

I also bought him a headset and I know you can play on-line and stuff but I just want to get him up and running tomorrow and then leave him alone on it all day :D The game also came with some special codes and he's also got a £20 PlayStation store voucher so guess he can buy add on's with that?

Any advice on where to start would be appreciated. Thanks