Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Musaaaa

34 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Seriously, watching the Nigeria Argentina match, could any of you naysayers really say that Iheanacho is a better player?

Nacho had an injury and was pulled at the start of the second half.  Nigeria's manager stated he should not have been played.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 27/06/2018 at 09:14, Col city fan said:

Another bloody Enigma is Mr Musa

Can look like a pub player one week, a world beater the next!

One thing is for sure...he’s lightning fast.

I still think I’d look to offload him though. It’s his inconsistency that’s the worrying thing. You can’t field inconsistent strikers in the Prem. It’s important to play well every game, the games come thick and fast and the opposition is usually of good quality.

Consistency comes with game time...which he hasn't had...not starting anyway...the only game I remember him starting up front he scored 2 at Everton in the cup...not saying start him over vardy that would be ridiculous 10 minute cameos on the wing were never guna see what he can bring to the table...

8 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

His weaknesses are his first touch... his abbility to dribbke tsther tban pkay kick and run... and his fecisive decision making... these coukd be fixed with a personal program... if we will pit the effort in.  His finishing is good.

My musing are off the top of my head.  The club has to review the size of the task and the likelihood of sucess (and his role in that) and then decide if to keep him or sell him.   I dont know what his mentality is like.  So i dont rule out developing him or selling him

Take it you don't proofread

20 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

His weaknesses are his first touch... his abbility to dribbke tsther tban pkay kick and run... and his fecisive decision making... these coukd be fixed with a personal program... if we will pit the effort in.  His finishing is good.

My musing are off the top of my head.  The club has to review the size of the task and the likelihood of sucess (and his role in that) and then decide if to keep him or sell him.   I dont know what his mentality is like.  So i dont rule out developing him or selling him

And looking at the first few sentences, your weaknesses lie somewhere between the operator and the keyboard? When I saw that 'if we pit the effort in' I thought I'd picked up a script from Allo Allo! ? no offence, it just made me smile! I think his problems though can't be fixed with a personal programme as certain of his problems are issues that have to come naturally in a footballer. I think Brian Clough said that if a footballer can't control a football at a certain age he's never going to do it. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Seriously, watching the Nigeria Argentina match, could any of you naysayers really say that Iheanacho is a better player?

I would have tended to agree from what I saw also, but his manager came out afterwards to say that he shouldn't really have picked him as he was carrying an injury. I'll cut him some slack therefore and see how he performs but naturally, he's a number 9, Vardys position and we've just bought a more natural number 10 in Maddison. It remains to be seen therefore how many games he gets and what the future holds.

9 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

And looking at the first few sentences, your weaknesses lie somewhere between the operator and the keyboard? When I saw that 'if we pit the effort in' I thought I'd picked up a script from Allo Allo! ? no offence, it just made me smile! I think his problems though can't be fixed with a personal programme as certain of his problems are issues that have to come naturally in a footballer. I think Brian Clough said that if a footballer can't control a football at a certain age he's never going to do it. 

Sorry about the typing.  It is always best to use my reading glasses.  You'll all be older one day! 

You may be right... but that's exactly the call the club has to make.  

My worry is, that looking at the lack of progress by  other players,   then there is little evidence that the club sort out an individual program for any player. I strongly believe that such development should never stop.

On 28/06/2018 at 17:34, brendanmcgovern1988 said:

Consistency comes with game time...which he hasn't had...not starting anyway...the only game I remember him starting up front he scored 2 at Everton in the cup...not saying start him over vardy that would be ridiculous 10 minute cameos on the wing were never guna see what he can bring to the table...

Haha Ulloa started that game and Musa only went up top when he was taken off injured.

6 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Sorry about the typing.  It is always best to use my reading glasses.  You'll all be older one day! 

You may be right... but that's exactly the call the club has to make.  

My worry is, that looking at the lack of progress by  other players,   then there is little evidence that the club sort out an individual program for any player. I strongly believe that such development should never stop.

Haha, know what you mean Foxinsocks re age and glasses and I also have to have several presses of that edit button!

Whilst I think things like control, by the time someone is supposedly a multimillion pounds asset, should be reasonably expected to be of quite a top standard by then, I too wonder whether players these days go through close scrutiny in their positions of defender, midfielder or striker and whether they get individual advice/tuition  on how to improve rather than just making players super fit or subject them to repetitive tactical drills that are attributed to Alladyce or Pullis by some.

You do hear of for example of players improving under Pep Guadiola (like Sterling?, or is it they are suddenly thrust into an environment where their previous habits aren't tolerated?  For example, without wishing to put too much of a downer on him, you could perhaps say that Marhez has now become a big fish in a little pond. If he gets to Man City his lateness for training for one will not be tolerated. His laziness/form of the season after our win will also not compute with Guadiola as he has other options who would leapfrog him into the team. So, does Guadiola really improve them or does the pressure to succeed make the players strive harder? I don't know. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Haha, know what you mean Foxinsocks re age and glasses and I also have to have several presses of that edit button!

Whilst I think things like control, by the time someone is supposedly a multimillion pounds asset, should be reasonably expected to be of quite a top standard by then, I too wonder whether players these days go through close scrutiny in their positions of defender, midfielder or striker and whether they get individual advice/tuition  on how to improve rather than just making players super fit or subject them to repetitive tactical drills that are attributed to Alladyce or Pullis by some.

You do hear of for example of players improving under Pep Guadiola (like Sterling?, or is it they are suddenly thrust into an environment where their previous habits aren't tolerated?  For example, without wishing to put too much of a downer on him, you could perhaps say that Marhez has now become a big fish in a little pond. If he gets to Man City his lateness for training for one will not be tolerated. His laziness/form of the season after our win will also not compute with Guadiola as he has other options who would leapfrog him into the team. So, does Guadiola really improve them or does the pressure to succeed make the players strive harder? I don't know. 

Peak, a book by anders ericsson, is a geat read and shows how mortals can develop to skills and mindsets of elite performers.  It never stops. .

See https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/0099598477/ref=dbs_a_w_dp_0099598477

This book makes you rethink what is possible.

But this needs to be supported on an indivudual basis.  Yes squads need to train in fitness... drills. ..formations...and prepare for saturday. .. but do individual stuff too or they will not develop 

Eg  a player with issues of decision making needs to review video of  each touch and to feeeze it and ask them to consider their options. ..and then compare with what they did.. so that they become aware of their biases.   This takes time and effort.

Ps. To commit to such training takes persistence.. ie grit... a great book by Angela duckworth

Edited by foxinsocks

1 minute ago, seenitall said:

Strange to see Kramaric playing well for Croatia as well - glad we kept  and played players of the callibre of James and Chilwell instead of crap that can play at this level with Modric etc....... 

Yeah cause Krama played at left back and central midfield.

Reason was because Vardy was/is the main main, he wasnt going to be displaced. Krama didnt want to sit on the bench and with his talent it would be incredibly unfair to do so, so we loaned him out whilst filling the gap with Slimani who was deemed to be a better prospect at the time. Slimani turned out to be substandard, that's how it goes sometimes.

See no reason to sling Chilwell onto the fire for no reason, very unfair. He's improved in the last year and is held in high regard by the manager & the England setup

• Like 1

Just now, SpazticChicken said:

Yeah cause Krama played at left back and central midfield.

Reason was because Vardy was/is the main main, he wasnt going to be displaced. Krama didnt want to sit on the bench and with his talent it would be incredibly unfair to do so, so we loaned him out whilst filling the gap with Slimani who was deemed to be a better prospect at the time. Slimani turned out to be substandard, that's how it goes sometimes.

See no reason to sling Chilwell onto the fire for no reason, very unfair. He's improved in the last year and is held in high regard by the manager & the England setup

Chilwell is crap mate......

12 hours ago, SpazticChicken said:

He's young and improved steadily over last season.

See no reason to have a toxic attitude to him either - he's a Leicester City player and we're supposed to be supporters. It's your opinion pal but it stinks.

Based on this theory then all would be supportive of, in no particular order, Musa, Akinbye, Gallagher, Junior Lewis, Spider Kjalak and the host of managers we have had that have not cut it in the past ten years.....

Clearly this won't be the case so try to think about that you say, I'm sorry if my opinion of Chilwell offends you but in the past couple of years we have played several under par players consistently and he is one of them, along with James, Simpson (now) Gray and Wes post injury lay off who have cost us valuable points - once you blindly support the players rather than the team then you surely cannot replace players with better ones??

9 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

He's criticising your toxicity, not the deflecting answer that you gave here. Nobody advocates blind faith, but many do advocate not appearing to only post negatively or hatefully towards a team you purport to support. I cannot remember the last time you had anything good to say in your posts. 

purport - purport you say...........exactly

Back to the point though - the foxes talk mafia (fafia?)decide Musa is crap, Chilwell is good and we all have to fall in line - Mjusa played well in this world cup, Chilwell couldn't tackle the skin off a rice pudding (if thats a thing) and yet we all must believe

Edited by seenitall
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, seenitall said:

What so everyone on the forum can agree with you all the time..........

Sure you`ve been behind me at a few away games, a moaning bell end that never ever has a good word to say about our players !