Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Musaaaa

7 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

Pretty pointless discussing him because I think he is going to put his foot down on either a loan or transfer. He wants out. Cant see him in a city shirt again and can you blame him. 

"put his foot down" he`s under contract is he not ? if and its a decent sized if, the club decide they require his services following his impressive world cup displays then that`s what will happen.

• Like 2

In the corresponding fixture four years ago, which they also lost, I remember him scoring a brace. In spite of the score, I remember the Nigerian keeper at the time being similarly heroic.

Di Maria may have scored the winner and Man U promptly signed him up. 

2 hours ago, car1os said:

Didn’t realise Musa had a long throw...

It's like in Footy Manager, for a player to be highly rated he has to have high stats in enough or any attributes. In real life Musa has pace & acceleration 19/20, finishing 14/20, big games 17/20 but his consistency, composure, crossing, decisions, anticipation, adaptability, determination, heading, passing and concentration are all <5/20. You need to boost that up somewhere so he got 15/20 long throws.

Back to real life quickly though Moose had the same type of impact on the 2014 World Cup, it's ultimately up to Puel whether or not to keep him about the place but I dont think anything has changed in him from this Tournament. if the interest is there then sell

33 minutes ago, mad biker said:

"put his foot down" he`s under contract is he not ? if and its a decent sized if, the club decide they require his services following his impressive world cup displays then that`s what will happen.

Riyad Mahrez is under contract and has also made a statement to leave so whats the difference??

9 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

Riyad Mahrez is under contract and has also made a statement to leave so whats the difference??

Yeah, but Mahrez has been acting like a baby about it, let the club down a few matches, and kept on handing in transfer requests. He made it publicly clear many times he wants out, and all the fans are tired of it.

Guest MattP

Can't believe people want to give him another chance based on two games at a World Cup.

Do people never learn? Players do this all the time.

The guy isn't good enough, even you take his best form in an atrocious Russian league it's not up to the standard we need.

24 minutes ago, MattP said:

Can't believe people want to give him another chance based on two games at a World Cup.

The guy isn't good enough, even you take his best form in an atrocious Russian league it's not up to the standard we need.

Tell me about it, just like Andy King, Mendy, Puel and others, our fans seem to think a spike in performance will be permanently.

11 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Tell me about it, just like Andy King, Mendy, Puel and others, our fans seem to think a spike in performance will be permanently.

The problem for most us us fans (non-ITK) is that we don't now what Musa's usual level is; is it a spike at the WC or a slump with us?

Sure, we've seen YT clips of goals etc (and they show what he can do) but we've little idea of expected/usual levels. My own feeling is that there is a (at least) half way decent player in there somewhere but it's really not worth us finding out if we get a decent offer for him.

As always FT tends to talk in extremes.  Why are the only two options "Fvck him right off" or "play him every game as a starter he is amazing".  I swear sometimes this place is painful.  The answer clearly is that he is better than many of our fans have given him credit for but probably not quite good enough to be a starter in our team.  For that reason I think it is probably best to sell him on and let him get regular football somewhere.  Happy that he had a good World Cup and good luck to him.  X

• Like 3

Another bloody Enigma is Mr Musa

Can look like a pub player one week, a world beater the next!

One thing is for sure...he’s lightning fast.

I still think I’d look to offload him though. It’s his inconsistency that’s the worrying thing. You can’t field inconsistent strikers in the Prem. It’s important to play well every game, the games come thick and fast and the opposition is usually of good quality.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Another bloody Enigma is Mr Musa

Can look like a pub player one week, a world beater the next!

One thing is for sure...he’s lightning fast.

I still think I’d look to offload him though. It’s his inconsistency that’s the worrying thing. You can’t field inconsistent strikers in the Prem. It’s important to play well every game, the games come thick and fast and the opposition is usually of good quality.

Spot on Col

i agree with this 

I think we have all seen enough glimpses to suggest he can be a cracking player on his day, but consistently? Maybe not?

11 hours ago, Bert said:

It's such a shame that 8/10 his end product just isn't there. Blistering pace and gets into great positions. 

In terms of end product I'm not sure what else he was meant to do last night really, the support wasn't there most of the time.

• Like 1

I always liked him (for what he is) but I'd cash in now on the offers that are sure to be made. We should even make a profit on him just for those two game performances. If Vardy's fit he isn't getting a look in here anyway.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

He started 7 league games, two of those he scored in and another game he put a hatrick on a plate for Vardy.  Much of his other game time was snatching 5 or 10 minutes here or there in what was already a disfuntional team, or starting cup games with a team that obviously hadn't played together before, even then he got 3 goals in 7 starts.

As said above, he's an enigma as he can slip between terrible and great, mainly IMO down to confidence. The question is whether someone can get in his head and sort that out.

• Like 2

I have been a huge critic of Musa from the start, but am wondering if there is some future for him playing as a wide striker type - the sort who can get to the byline and cut back crosses in, or race onto through balls.

Any role where he is required to hold up the ball and be included in intricate passing moves is a no-no, though, he lacks too many of the basics ad should only be involved strictly on the basis that his role will get the best of his pace and dribbling ability

Don’t think Musa can fit into the style of football Puel wants us to play which requires good technique, decision making and passing ability. 

However, I do think this World Cup shows you why we signed him in the first place. He showed his strengths on the world stage. Incredible pace and decent finishing. Vardy-esque really. 

Doubt he will play a part here but good luck to the guy in the future. 

• Like 1