Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Musaaaa

47 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Lots of our fans are scared to death to sell anyone in case they might become good elsewhere.

If you have faith in your recruitment ( I'm not saying we should) then using the market frequently to buy and sell is a positive thing.

If you had faith in your recruitment you'd try and get the best out of expensive transfers that they picked in the first place.

21 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

You do realize that the TV rights and therefore the TV signal from Russia are sold by a single company (FIFA) to all broadcasters? The picture on show is the same for pretty much all televising countries. There's not much editing you can do with a live feed, either.

Ahmed Musa has shown his class in I'd say 1 1/2 games at this World Cup, he's blown hot and cold again. Fantastic against Iceland, poor against Croatia and good in patches against Argentina. As flawed as his performances in the LCFC shirt.

As in the game where Iwobi was preferred and where he didn't get on until Croatia were in control of the game? Yeah, not really surprising he looked poor in that game.

Just now, Finnegan said:

Are the people defending Musa just playing devil's advocate and arguing for the sakes of it or does anyone seriously want him back in the squad? 

Without knowing what formation the manager wanted to play this season it's impossible to answer. Or what sort of bids we'll be receiving for that matter, if we can cash out fully and he doesn't want to be around, then get rid. If we're going to pay half his wages no matter where he goes and we're going to recoup nothing in terms of a fee, then I'd rather try and get the best out of him.

If it was a 4-2-3-1, or even a 3-4-1-2 where he can play in the final third I think he'd have something to offer. Presuming Leo and Slimani go before the end of the summer, we're short of people in the forward area.

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Babs, he's shit mate. 

He can be yes, but I've also seen some excellent play from him. Enough to suggest he'd offer something to the squad right system, I think we've lost some pace from the team and anyone with the pace he's got will make things happen. My opinion is that his wild swings in form are in large a confidence issue, I say that because I've seen him play absolutely fine for 30 minutes, make one bad decision and then he'd crumble. On the flip side I've seen him do something good and suddenly he looks on fire afterwards, more so than most players I've seen.

End of the day, it's the managers decision, if we get a decent bid and he thinks he doesn't fit then cash in... it's not going to bother me one way or the other. I just think he'll be another one on the list of players we've sold and then you look back and think "if we'd given him game time, he might have done ok".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He can be yes, but I've also seen some excellent play from him. Enough to suggest he'd offer something to the squad right system, I think we've lost some pace from the team and anyone with the pace he's got will make things happen. My opinion is that his wild swings in form are in large a confidence issue, I say that because I've seen him play absolutely fine for 30 minutes, make one bad decision and then he'd crumble. On the flip side I've seen him do something good and suddenly he looks on fire afterwards, more so than most players I've seen.

End of the day, it's the managers decision, if we get a decent bid and he thinks he doesn't fit then cash in... it's not going to bother me one way or the other. I just think he'll be another one on the list of players we've sold and then you look back and think "if we'd given him game time, he might have done ok".

Mahrez has just scored 10 goals and got 13 assists and gets slagged off for being inconsistent. We need don't need players who will perfom every 10 games. 

31 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Are the people defending Musa just playing devil's advocate and arguing for the sakes of it or does anyone seriously want him back in the squad? 

Nope. Sell him. I just think we can buy better than Musa. He’s never going to push Vardy for top spot and we really need someone to keep Vards on his toes.

Unfortunately, having seen more of him, I’m not sure Iheanacho is going to be consistent enough either. He’ll have some great games but not often enough I reckon.

I've seen far too many examples of his weight of pass being awful and his touch being terrible, that's not confidence that's poor technique from a fundamentally poor footballer. He is one of those players who can be dynamite at certain moments. If we had just signed Musa and seen his World Cup performances we'd be gushing at these performances but we've all seen the other side of Musa much too often.

The iron is now hot and we need to strike and get rid whilst his stock is high. I won't be happy to see him go on loan this summer without at least an obligation to buy. I'm sure we'll entertain transfer offers of £8m+ and you would think someone out there is willing to pay it after looking at his pedigree and recent performances in the World Cup and for CSKA and think they have a bargain especially later on in the window. It probably suits us that the English window closes earlier than the rest of Europe as if an English club doesn't buy him we still have options to loan with an obligation to buy in the rest of Europe.

Just sell him. 

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I've seen far too many examples of his weight of pass being awful and his touch being terrible, that's not confidence that's poor technique from a fundamentally poor footballer. He is one of those players who can be dynamite at certain moments. If we had just signed Musa and seen his World Cup performances we'd be gushing at these performances but we've all seen the other side of Musa much too often.

The iron is now hot and we need to strike and get rid whilst his stock is high. I won't be happy to see him go on loan this summer without at least an obligation to buy. I'm sure we'll entertain transfer offers of £8m+ and you would think someone out there is willing to pay it after looking at his pedigree and recent performances in the World Cup and for CSKA and think they have a bargain especially later on in the window. It probably suits us that the English window closes earlier than the rest of Europe as if an English club doesn't buy him we still have options to loan with an obligation to buy in the rest of Europe.

Just sell him. 

I think I agree with this. He lacks too many of the basics (touch and passing notably) to ever make you feel confident in him playing well regularly.

Also have a gut feeling he'll come back to LCFC away from most of his Nigerian team mates, in the cold English climate and go back to the same old useless, mentally fragile Musa.

And we'll be stuck with him and gutted we didn't cash in while his stock was high

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros

I still reckon he was bought to be Vardy’s understudy. He’s fast, direct and can finish (sometimes ?). The major problem for him is Vardy is rarely injured so Musa has never had a chance to play his way in to any kind of form. Can’t see that changing any time soon tbf so probably best for everyone for us to cash in on that performance for Nigeria! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I agree with Babs, we’ve seen flashes of what he’s capable of, that run in the team he had early doors where he played 3 games (in his natural position on the wing) on the bounce he looked dangerous and caused quite a few problems... all of a sudden he’s dropped again, can’t do the lads confidence much good! If he was given a good run in the team I think he’d do bits... unfortunately I can’t see him getting that run with us, if we sell him on I just hope it’s not to a rival as I’ve got a feeling it will come back to bite us in the arse

Edited by dbtcity

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Just sell him. 

Leaning towards this too.

I've seen some very good things from him in this tournament, but I also saw a lot of very bad things whilst here. Basic things that a top footballer should not be struggling with as much as he has. You could put it down to confidence perhaps, but that in itself is another weakness and could mean his form is patchy.

I think the best way to benefit from his form in the WC, is to sell now. We have Iheanacho as the natural successor to Vardy and I think we should be putting our efforts into developing him and then signing a striker with different qualities to compliment them. 

I actually think we could push for £10 million for Musa now after his performances and we should really strike now, while we can. 

He is our asset.  

When vardy plays the manager should ensure the other players adopt the system and habits that will maximise his goal chances. ... puel seems to have dropped tgst ball.... but he can start to focus on it.

Similarly when musa is on (if vardy injured) or to refresh the attack...then the team heeds to adopt the right shape to maximise musa.

No point in not doing so.  We are very exposed to vardys fitness and age... we need alternatives .  The costs involved surely make spending time and effort on maximising musa a no brainer

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

He is our asset.  

When vardy plays the manager should ensure the other players adopt the system and habits that will maximise his goal chances. ... puel seems to have dropped tgst ball.... but he can start to focus on it.

Similarly when musa is on (if vardy injured) or to refresh the attack...then the team heeds to adopt the right shape to maximise musa.

No point in not doing so.  We are very exposed to vardys fitness and age... we need alternatives .  The costs involved surely make spending time and effort on maximising musa a no brainer

It's absolutely not a "no brainer". You're speaking like you've never seen him play for Leicester.

20 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

He is our asset.  

Iheanacho?

Just now, Gerard said:

It's absolutely not a "no brainer". You're speaking like you've never seen him play for Leicester.

I have watched him many times... and on those performances i would sell him as he is a side show...

But .... i am open to try and figure out what can be done with him... rather than ramming a square peg into a round hole and failing   if we cant figure it out... then let him go.   I am perplexed and think a puase is justified

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Iheanacho?

His weaknesses are his first touch... his abbility to dribbke tsther tban pkay kick and run... and his fecisive decision making... these coukd be fixed with a personal program... if we will pit the effort in.  His finishing is good.

My musing are off the top of my head.  The club has to review the size of the task and the likelihood of sucess (and his role in that) and then decide if to keep him or sell him.   I dont know what his mentality is like.  So i dont rule out developing him or selling him

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

His weaknesses are his first touch... his abbility to dribbke tsther tban pkay kick and run... and his fecisive decision making... these coukd be fixed with a personal program... if we will pit the effort in.  His finishing is good.

My musing are off the top of my head.  The club has to review the size of the task and the likelihood of sucess (and his role in that) and then decide if to keep him or sell him.   I dont know what his mentality is like.  So i dont rule out developing him or selling him

Clearly. Use your fingers next time.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

The iron is now hot and we need to strike and get rid whilst his stock is high.

And if one considers FFP rules and regs (whatever they might mean in practice for us) then it might make sense for us to sell players that we have no immediate need of (and - more importantly - others are bidding for)  It needn't even require a discussion about whether he could or couldn't come good for us, that'd be immaterial. Put simply, Musa is playing in a position that we're currently pretty well covered for. We simply don't need for him to come good.

Further, there's a lot of talk of him proving himself. That's one-sided. Maybe we haven't provided the environment (for whatever reason) that's enabled him to play to his best. It could well be a two-way thing. Musa well might WANT away.

6 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Seriously, watching the Nigeria Argentina match, could any of you naysayers really say that Iheanacho is a better player?

I live in hope that one day we will all learn not to judge or change an opinion of any player based on a single game.  I may not live to see it, but one day...

Maybe.

It's a mini lottery win for us really as we might get a bit more money back for him, as people often fall into the trap of buying on the back of a good World Cup.

I just don't think he'll work out here. His confidence fluctuates too much.

• Like 1